“don't miss Vernons”
Review of vernon's bakery

vernon's bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Hope Town
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's worth the trip to vernon's just to read the signs/notes. Through out the store small signs/notes are posted. They are hilarious! Plus the baked goods are yummy too. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank Daytonabeachguy

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We never visit Hope Town without a stop to Vernon's. The grocery is a pretty good source to fill in holes, but we go there for the baked goods. Vernon makes all of his breads, cakes, pies, rolls, you name it, from scratch. We always buy bread. Very dense and always delicious. Vernon's store is covered with quotes which makes everyone smile. If you're in Hope Town, you have to stop in Vernon's

1  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was able to get fresh conch and lobster salad, and guava jam is available for purchase .
He was such a nice fellow , busy making his bread, of course :)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fresh baked bread, and key lime pie (the latter his specialty). Not a restaurant. Bread/pie is in his (Vernon's Grocery) store. Grocery store has a little of virtually anything you might want to buy even though it is small (compared to the mega grocery stores in larger cities). Has been there for many, many, many years.

1  Thank gordonstorr
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am not exaggerating but one of the main reasons I returned to Hope Town after 35 years was a chance to savor Vernon's breads and fresh coconut pies baked into my childhood memory on past family trips. Vernon looks great and is still baking the best bread and pies I know out of a simple kitchen next to his shop virtually unchanged since my last visit except he has a telephone now and a credit card reader! Practically each day we loaded up on fresh loaves of bread. We even brought some on return trip nearly cried when we were down to our last slice at home. Thank you Vernon! Please keep baking - I won't wait so long to return!

3  Thank Suitcase_Sherpa