“Great fun, friendly bar - something for everyone”
Review of Illusions Bar

Ranked #1 of 10 Nightlife in Kassiopi
Scotland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Great fun, friendly bar - something for everyone”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

It's always a bit of a challenge when holidaying as a single, forty-something female - finding a bar you feel completely comfortable walking into on your own where you can have a good time.

On the first night of my holiday in Kassiopi, I plucked up the courage to walk in here. I needn't have worried. A couple of hours later, I'd gone from sitting quietly on my own out on the terrace, to sitting at the bar drinking the cocktails I'd won in the pub quiz and hitting the Karaoke. That's how friendly and welcoming this bar is. Special mentions to Panos with his little practical jokes (watch what happens to your straw if you turn your back on your drink!) and Steve "Stoolsy" McCabe for really knowing his craft when it comes to getting a party going with the right mix of music, fun in silly wigs, remembering everyone's names, and just generally creating a great atmosphere. Even the Karaoke has the emphasis firmly on fun and singalongs - if you're not a Karaoke fan, you'll probably still enjoy it in here.

If that doesn't sound like your thing, don't worry - there is more to this place. There is a lovely outdoor terrace, and two separate indoor bar areas - one that's the heart of the party, and a quieter area too. There's live Sky Sport, and even the novelty of watching nesting swallows darting through the bar to their little nesting spots throughout the ceiling.

Thanks again for helping to make my holiday such a good time.

4 Thank DDootsie

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great bar.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

illusions in kassiopi is one of the best bars anywhere in Greece, the staff are excellent, as is the dj steve stoolsy mc cabe, always a warm welcome from akis, nikos, panos, and rico.
thanks for a great holiday!

2 Thank rubberlegs2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome bar”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The atmosphere in Illusions is wonderful , smiles all round always. A welcoming friendly fun genuine place to be the 3 brothers Aki Nikos & Panos always in good spirits and ready to help you have a fabulous time. The cocktails are to die for and leave you wanting more Stevo the dj plays the best music and accommodating all tastes and is hilariously entertaining ultimately the best Dj in north of corfu. Love love love Illusions and if you dont visit this bar, then you've sadly missed out BIGTME!

2 Thank Babykwhuppaaa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A place you don't want to spend your life knowing you haven't been to.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Illusions bar is absolutely and by far the best bar on the whole island of Corfu. The staff are all incredibly friendly and care dearly about each one of its visitors. They put in so much effort to entertain and always welcome you, they will remember you from just one visit! There are beautiful views from the top of the bar overlooking the beautiful delicate restaurants and shops below. You can sit outside enjoying the sunshine if you prefer to have a peaceful drink or you can enjoy the wonderful music and entertainment by dj Stoolsy McCabe who will always get you involved with countless wigs and sun glasses as well as pub quizzes in which you can win amazing prizes. There's also a karaoke will tons of songs so if you enjoy belting out some Whitney Houston then this bar is the place to go! Drinks are always made an served quickly and to the best quality and the cocktails are especially mouth watering I'd recommend a sex on the beach. Finally the toilets were always clean and gleaming to perfect standard and surrounding areas were clean and tidy. One thing I will never forget about the bar though is the people I have never met such friendly people in my life and there names and faces will stick with me forever. We went there every single night on our holiday and every night was absolutely fantastic. We are going again this year and I'm not even checking into my hotel first I'm running straight to the illusion bar!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jodiescottxo
Fleet, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My favourite bar in Kassiopi!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We went to Illusions after it was recommended to us by a couple of English guys we'd met in another bar, and we were not disappointed! A vast selection of cocktails at 5 Euros and a hilarious barman who moved each of his pecs and treated us like old friends the second time we returned! The cocktails were delicious and came with sparklers in them, and they had a pub quiz every night we went (optional but free to enter). They spoke immaculate English and were very welcoming, and it was perfect for all ages - we saw a woman in her 80s dancing with the barman...! If I return to Kassiopi this is the first place I'll go for a drink!

Visited August 2013