“Awesomeeee trip”

Kassiopi Resort Memento Hotel
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Kassiopi
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We could not ask for more from our low budget vacation. The fact that is not a classic hotel it s defenetly an up! Indeed there is a bit to walk around, but it's worthed. My daughter had an awesome time and she made a lot of friends around our room. Food was delicous. A big UP for all the resort personel. Great job in anticipating ou needs. Our housekeeper (sorry i don t remember her name) was awesome. tooked care of everything without us asking, and always greeted us with a smile and she knew my daughter's name.
I honestly don t keep in mind if my room was too small or the remote had no batteries. We had an awesome time and enjoyed every single minute. Now just planning for our next one!

Room Tip: Keep in mind it s a long walk to the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 892andrap
nikmouzak, General Manager at Kassiopi Resort Memento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Please accept a huge thank you from all of us here at the Memento Kassiopi Resort ! We were so happy to hear you had such a great experience. It means the world to us to hear when we have had a success. All comments are worth reading and learning from, even the good ones.

There are newer reviews for Kassiopi Resort Memento Hotel

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is not a 4* hotel. I had asked for a room which required not much step climbing to main facilities and this we did get BUT there was no telephone connection to reception (even tho' advertised); no bedside lamps; little TV was in second bedroom not main one; only one dressing-table stool. Others did have mobility problems being high up a steep incline & request to move never happened. There was plenty of food but was samey and the hot food was never hot. There was no written info in room, just given basics when arrived. Had to go to reception to ask about the site, a plan not much to ask. Had to ask about possible bus, how to get to village and even if there were packed lunches available if you went out. No details about any emergency routines. Was a lovely area and by hiring a car we did get out and about. Staff were fine and everywhere was clean.

Room Tip: If mobility problems make sure you mention this.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
nikmouzak, General Manager at Kassiopi Resort Memento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.
Per your comments, we have updated our website to ensure that future travelers know that while remarkable hospitality, service and cleanliness are our top priorities some of our bathrooms are indeed small. We sincerely apologize if you did not know this in advance.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is on a very steep hill which was not mentioned in the brochure,I ended up in hospital overnight when my mobility scooter overturned on the lowest part of the incline, as there was no shuttle to take you into kassiopi I spent my weeks holiday at the hotel. The pool was nice but would gave been better if towels were available and also umbrellas. As the weather was not that great everyone had to spend their time in the bar lounge, I called it the bingo hall or the village hall because that's what it looked like to me. The barman Costa was a great asset to the hotel he really new his job and was very good with the guests. The rooms were lovely, very clean but minus a few things like shelves in the bathroom, one quest didn't have a plug in his sink and a shower curtain which was 6 inches to small so every time they used the shower the floor was flooded,and a waste bin in the bedroom would have been good idea. Nice garden plots but they needed
weeding. The dining room had to many tables and chairs which made it very crowded and very difficult for guest with mobility problems. The food was fine a but repetitive but that is expected with A/I hotels. The staff were very friendly and helpful but in high season I think they will have problems. The hotel has good potential once it sorts out the silly little problems but it has a long way to go before I would class it as 4 star.

Room Tip: As long as you don't have mobility problems the best rooms were at the lower part of the complex...
1  Thank Maureen R

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our Resort policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally email is manager@memento-hotels.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014

hotel flatters to deceive the food was quite poor cold at best and much the same every day.also still not fully up and running ie.sauna jacuzzi gym why advertise them when they are not in use.we also asked for a lower floor has my partner is disabled but got put at the top of a steep hill.entertainment none existent at night also drinks very watered down.would not go back again at any cost.

I would invite you to contact me personally email is manager@memento-hotels.com
Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We went on an all inclusive deal at a very good price. The resort had not been opened long after being refurbished. They advertise tea making facilities but they do not exist. The food was basic and plentiful plenty of fresh Greek salad at lunch and dinner. Dinner and lunch seemed to be casserole/stew based but there were always pasta dishes available too. Puddings were not worth having could have done with some fresh fruit apart from oranges. Juice at breakfast seemed to be reconstituted and not good. The pool bar was good but the inner room was a bit like a village hall and the seating was hard chairs, they need some comfortable seating. This is a basic, clean hotel and the price makes it affordable to go out and eat/drink elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the renovations that have been completed in the Memento Resort Kassipi . The hotel team is proud of them and we hope they keep pleasing our guests.

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our all inclusive food. I have made sure to pass your comments on to both Chef and Restaurant Manager so that they may be sure to help their staff improve. Being informed of a problem presents an opportunity for us to fix it, which is very helpful to us.

We do hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My friend and I were here last week. 15th to 22 nd may. Location reallly good. We had rain for two days, but it did not cause any sadness. We saw more of the area due to this. Beautiful walks around the bay.... beautiful sea and beach... must look fabulous on a sunny day..
The hotel..
very clean... very spacious... lovely setting... beautiful, really pleasant staff.. six sparkling pools
Food... traditional...... fresh.. beautifullly cooked.
Entertainment.. the gala night.. tradititional music and dancing.. brilliant .. mental.. mad..

WHAT MAKES IT .. the word resort is not what it is....Imaging coming into a not too big hotel... an other smaller hotel almost next door ... and peppered by villas.. non rip you of shops... an amazing harbour...trips that you can also do from here on the doorstep.... many different beaches... bars... food places... supermarkets... taxi for 5 euors from the village....
All within a walk of fifteen minutes to thirty minutes depending on where you are going.
Go out of the reception, turn left and go up the hill... turn right and walk.. You are then heading to the village and the harbour...
Go out of the reception and turn right... Walk and you will go through lovely countryside which will take you to a beach with two bars that do food and drink...
Amazing place... on our trip we met an eclectic range of people. again amazing.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are different so can't say our room was brilliant 229
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kramek

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel was advertised as having extensive facilities, most of which either do not exist or are not yet ready.
The room was large, comfortable and cleaned daily. The staff were helpful and friendly. The food was good but could have been kept warmer, it would not meet UK storage standards for hot food. Having said that, we ate salads and had ice in drinks and no one suffered any ill effects.
Advertised facilities included fully fitted kitchens and multimedia systems in all rooms. Neither actually exist. There is a fridge, but it is empty, not even a bottle of water on arrival. No kettle.
The grounds are pretty and well maintained.

We arrived after 11pm and there was no food available, we were told the village was 10 minutes walk and "everything was open" there. I understand subsequent arrivals were provided with a cold plate. It was difficult to find rooms in the dark as none of the room numbers are illuminated.
Accommodation is spread over a very steep hill and is really unsuitable for anyone with walking difficulties. The advertised picture shows one set of rooms on the flat by the swimming pool and doesn't indicate most of the rooms are elsewhere.
There is little information, no map of the resort to assist in finding rooms or other facilities.
The gym and sauna are still under construction.

There are a nice bar and restaurant directly opposite reception, both carrying the Memento logo. The bar is a pay bar and not part of the All Inclusive. There is a 15% discount but you do have to ask for it. The restaurant was closed.

There are no parasols or pool towels, though staff say they were ordered but did not arrive.

There is no bin in the room, the bathroom bin is for toilet paper.

There was no working wifi the whole week (we left May 20th)
Room phones can reach Reception, no facility to call other rooms or outside.

The all inclusive bar is fine for local spirits, unfortunately the mixers are very poor quality. "Orange juice" is actually cordial and carbonated drinks are soda with pale colouring. I can see problems when families with children start to arrive soon. We had some cold evenings and the bar inside is like school dining hall with some random tables and chairs, no décor, no comfortable seating. There was a wall built while we were there so this may be another work in progress.

Overall the hotel has lots of potential, but it clearly was not ready for opening in May.

Room Tip: Travellers with mobility problems need to request rooms not on the very steep hill.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
We hope to see you again in the future and you can reach me directly at my e-mail : manager@ memento-hotels.com if I can be of any assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kassiopi
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
Panorama Sidari
Panorama Sidari
#20 of 39 in Sidari

Been to Kassiopi Resort Memento Hotel? Share your experiences!