“Chic Melina Bay Hotel”
Review of Melina Bay Hotel

Melina Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kassiopi
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed at Kalami Bay for the past 11 years or so and we wanted to try Stavros and Maria's new venture in Kassiopi (we were so glad that we did). Although we did not stay at the hotel this year, we viewed one of the rooms (which was absolutely beautiful - very chic) - we have stayed in self-catering and 4 star hotels on various Greek islands - but this one is so different. It is a refreshing and welcome change in Greek accommodation, but still in keeping with Greek hospitality. For a number of years the hotel has been closed and it was so sad to see it in a sorry state in such a beautiful location and now it has been brought back to life (and wonderfully so). We did have lunch at the hotel once and dinner on 2 occasions. The food was amazing and Ben & Marius (the waiters) were so helpful and friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Georgia was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel is in a superb spot and ideal for 'people/yacht watching' and in an evening the hotel 'lights up' the harbour. I would recommend that you take a look for yourself (we are hoping to stay there next year). Good luck to Stavros, Maria and staff with a venture that should surely do so well :-).

3  Thank KarenJohnS

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I don't Do 5* that's for HEAVEN. However Melina Bay on The Harbour Side is Next Door!
Made the Trip from Kalami, Twice.
Once by Boat once with Spiro! From A& A absolutely Fabulous.
Great Food,Location,Service!and STYLE! I simply could not Fault. Plus very Reasonable.
I look forward to Staying on my next Visit in Sept.
Thanks to Everyone for our Special Visit's.

Woodie & Dee

Room Tip: All Rooms Face The Harbour, are excellent Quality. Sleep Quality I will Let You Know. I Love Kalami...
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Transformed the harbour. We had a wonderful meal service and staff brilliant. I hope to return next year and stay longer. I certainly hope this hotel does well because a lot of effort has been put into bringing a run down building into a beautiful hotel with picturesque views.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch and to see the lovely Georgia. Upmarket, very stylish, right on the harbour, looks lovely all lit up in the evenings too. Both wine and food were excellent, well worth a look. Next time, we will go for dinner, just run out of time in our weeks holiday this year unfortunately.

Best wishes to Stavros, Maria and team.

Adam and Suzanne x

Room Tip: We didn't stay here but I would go for a room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel was brilliant. It has been closed for seven years, happily it has now been completely refurbished. We have just come back from our holiday (June 2014). The hotel has been open for just over a month. The hotel is perfectly situated looking over the bay. All the rooms are sea view rooms. I stayed with my daughter and we both loved it. The decor is simple and elegant and of course everything is brand new, but it does feel that it is made to last. The food in the restaurant is very good. Everyone who works here is helpful and charming. I think this will be hugely popular hotel, I hope I can go back. I realise that this is a very positive review, but I could not find fault and better still the surrounding location is equally glorious. An idyll in Corfu.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Seona M
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Melina Bay has been refurbished to a very high standard and the quality of the food is second to none. The rooms are stunning, decor is fresh and clean, the food is of excellent quality but still in keeping with Greek tradition and the view is so relaxing, just people watching at the end of the evening. The staff are very friendly and helpful when asked for additional information on food and wine etc. I wish the new owners every success in the future and will definitely be back, yammas guys.

Room Tip: Only visited for a meal and viewed the rooms during our visit but they do have inter connecting room...
2  Thank AnnieandDavido
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Opened only 4 weeks ago, stylish, chic and right on the front overlooking the bay. Inside the style is minimal and white. Very modern. We ate there twice and each time the food was superb. Served by Ben who was brought up in Leeds but is bi-lingual, he is friendly and knowledgeable. The chef is from Athens and is imaginative. I had two starters for a main, marinated salmon in vodka with black pepper and forest mushrooms with wilted spinach. Bread rolls delicious. Food to die for and plenty of it. The Corfu wine is consistently good especially the red which is a soft bodied and fruity. Wish it was sold in the UK. Highy recommended and not expensive. Should and deserves to do very well.

Room Tip: Didn't saty but ate there
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keepontrecking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kassiopi
San Antonio Corfu Resort
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
Mareblue Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas

Been to Melina Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!