“Simply fabulous”
Review of Zafiris Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sidari
Zafiris Hotel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Simply fabulous”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We booked this holiday last minute so were a bit worried what it would be like but the place was amazing. We arrived late at night and were met by a lovely couple who loaded our cases into a minivan and then gave us a lift through the complex to our room because my 6yr old was asleep. They settled us into the room, and made sure we knew where everything was before they left, honestly they couldn't be friendlier. Our room was amazing, we had paid an extra £22 for sea view room and it was certainly more than wrth it, our apartment was on two levels and the view from the upstairs bedroom was simply amazing, couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Everything was clean and kept that way the whole holiday, all decor was from Ikea but had been done nicely and even had a billowing sail over the bed.
In the morning we had breakfast in the hotel, prices were a bit steep but the staff were absolutely wonderful. Angela who works in the bar is just soooo friendly, took the time to talk to us every time she saw us, made time to fuss my son and introduced us to her own daughter. It was lovely every day when we passed by she stopped and asked what we had been doing, and gave us advice for anything we were thinking of doing.
Pool is gorgeous and very clean, yes there are ants at the pool side, don't put your drink down or they come over but so long as you watch where you keep your drinks they don't come near you. Best bit of the hotel was the little cliff top restaurant at sundown, looks out over the sea and the canal d'amour which is a typical greek view. Walking out from the hotel there is a little path on the top of the cliff, (don't worry there are safety rails and it is flat) and there are plenty of lovely restaurants for breakfast or dinner that are looking over the beach. We would have gone back there again this year but I believe they have gone all inclusive now which is no good for my son who has allergies.

Downsides and please don't be put off, I am just being as honest and as picky as I can be, don't go to Maria's restaurant, it is VERY expensive and food is terrible, only bad meal we had there. The walk along the beach to sidari is nice but Sidari itself is a bit too busy if you like a quiet holiday, while canal d'amour has a few shops, restaurants, ice cream and cocktail bars when you go out to sidari it is typical brits abroad strip, bars, restaurant touts, tacky shops and LOTS of British people. Don't walk the roads to Sidari, the stream under the bridge stinks, I have a strong stomach (used to work as a nurse) but the small made me retch, there was a hotel right next to it and honestly I would not have stayed near that stench if you paid me. Beach is beautiful next to Zafiris (there are some wooden steps going down to it so not good if you have probs with steps but manageable for everyone else) once a week though in August there was a coach trip that descended on the beach, 3 coach loads of slovakian teens all launched noisily into the water with no care for the families that were on the beach while they were so drunk they had to be dragged out of the water when they passed out. They only stay for an hour though so if they are there when you are just go elsewhere for a bit and come back later.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view room, they are far superior rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank lynsey g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Me and my boyfriend are both 22 years old and stayed at the Zafiris in Sidari at the begining of October. After reading all the other reviews on the website i was quite nervous about staying at the Zafiris. I booked two weeks in Sidari through a late deal at Thomson. We took a coach transfer which took about 2 and a half hours and when we got there the staff were so welcoming and they were through the whole trip. When we got there we had a studio which we weren't keen on so they upgraded us to a one bedroom apartment free of charge! the apartments were kept clean and we had no problem with ours, however when we saw the hotel in the pictures it looked beautiful and we know pictures always exaggerate but the pictures of this hotel were more than exagerated!Its a bit rough around the edges and there was dogs and cats everywere and you couldn't eat in piece as they were roaming everywere.The hotel food and drinks are also very overpriced and not that good, the entertainment isnt that good either. The hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the strip and there are lots of good restraurants and themed nights, we suggest going to a greek night at the Sea Breeze restaurant or to lady gaga night. Sidari itself is beautiful, however when packing i would bring warm clothes aswell as beach clothes as we had a lot of rain/storms and good sunny weather. I wouldn't book any excursions with Thomson as on the strip there are lots of little agents doing the same excursions at half the price, we went on lots of cruises like corfu town and beach bbq's which made our holiday as we got to explore corfu and we also reccomend renting a car when you arrive, we booked all our excurions and rented a car from Vlaseros Travel and they gave use great deals and prices, we rented a car for 20 euros a day! and its easy driving around as there is signs every 2 seconds saying were you are. overall i wouldnt reccomend the Zafiris but i would reccomend Sidari !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank racab
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here at the beginning of September and it was amazing! The staff at the hotel were friendly, our room was massive, and the pool was nice. I was a bit worried about there being loads of kids running around but it was nice and quiet at the time we went. Really nice views from the pool bar. The main strip in Sidari is a bit tacky but the restaurants nearest to the hotel are the best. We loved La Strata and the first chinese you come to when you turn left after the bridge... can't remember the name but it was soooooo good. The food prices were fairly reasonable at all the restaurants. We also went on the 'paradise beach' boat trip.... the sea was nice and the beach was lovely however it was swarming with wasps and I couldn't even eat my BBQ food without being attacked :( so don't go on it if you don't like wasps.

All in all it was a really good holiday, wish we could go back! Would definately recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natalie111111
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Can't fault anything with this hotel or the people. Great management and staff. Every body locally even friendly. Would like to thank everybody who works there for helping me make my girlfriend holiday a special one. Many thanks to yiannnis and also costas for helping me with my proposal. We will defo be back.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Rickystefano
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We arrived at the Zafiris late on Monday evening, had a lovely welcome from Helen who helped us with our luggage. She showed us to the room 110. It was a little bit away from the main pool area but we were happy with it.
The room was spotlessly clean and had all the essentials. the bathroom was very modern and very good in comparison to other places we had stayed in.
The staff at the pool area were so friendly and they would stop for a chat even though they were so busy. We are a happy go lucky family don't moan about every thing like some people. I would have said our only gripe was that the pool area could have done with a clean up. The plastic bits around the pool were a bit grubby.
The pool area has a magnificent view of the beach and at sunset was lovely. We travelled with our 3 year old Charlie and he loved it. A huge thank you to Danielle and Sam who took him almost every day to kids club, he had a ball, especially as most days he was on his own!!. The girls were stars and even came to wave us off.
We were pleased with the location of the Zafiris and was so glad that it was away from the main strip!!. Not our cup of tea. I like to go for a stroll on an evening without feeling pressured into going in bars, restaurants & even a foam party!!.
We went on several trips with Vlaseros Travel, They were so friendly and helpful, Philip the owner was so funny and Patricia & the other staff helped us choose the ideal trips to suit our family. We went on the Corfu Town Evening Cruise, Paleokastritsa & Kassiopi. Fab days and unbelievable value for money.
We ate out every night and the food prices varied, we had some lovely food and fabulous hospitality at the Blue Ionian, The owners were almost like family at the end, its a shame we didnt discover this gem earlier. the Three Little Pigs had a good evening display of greek dancing and fire!! Fab for the kids. We also ate at the Orchard which was lovely but found it expensive. In Kassiopi we ate at the Old School house and that was beautiful and such a lovely setting. We was a massive range of food so we didnt need to venture into sidari we were more than happy in the canal area.
A fab holiday

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank newlyweds79
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed here quite a while ago before it was made better but when I did I found it amazing! The staff where so friendly and the views were magnificent also the beach wasnt to far away! I would definitely say this is a good place for kids and adults! Truly amazing!

• Stayed November 2010
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Gosh, well, I've done Corfu self catering several times and this place far exceeded our expectations. Lets start with the apartment - on arrival, myself and my 2 companions were offered a choice of apartments and we were able, without and extra charge, to change to a larger apartment.
The apartment itself was in excellent order, very clean and in very good state of repair - way beyond what I have personally have seen previously.
The maid service was very courteous and daily (save Sunday) and cannot be faulted.
The young lady employed to manage the site and help us was also first class - she was always there promptly, and was totally customer focussed - a credit to her organisation.
The pool area was perfect too - spotlessly clean- but pool water was a bit cool for softies like me and the sea was much warmer.
The around-the-pool staff were fab - catering to all our beverage and dietary needs very promptly! Maybe their mojitos needed a bit more alcohol in them if I have to criticism anything!
Other residents there was very nice people too - maybe reflecting the type of clientèle who go to this hotel - friendly and unobtrusive. I was probably the loudest there!
I can unreservedly recommend this hotel - I am quite critical of the service industry and not one for being "bought off" with an offer of a few free drinks, but all in all I find this accommodation as near to perfect for the money as anyone could expect.
I would say that maybe the full english breakfasts need a little work on them, but, my god, i am really nit-picking cos one has to find some kinda fault!

The 3 of us had a great time, the best weather and perfect accom - well done staff - this is down to you all. Kudos all round, eh?!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dave H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Mareblue Beach Resort
#3 of 39 in Sidari
Aqualand Resort
Aqualand Resort
#2 of 4 in Agios Ioannis

Been to Zafiris Hotel? Share your experiences!