“Fantastic holiday at Zafiris Hotel”
Review of Zafiris Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sidari
Zafiris Hotel
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Visited Zafiris hotel last week in June, had a fantastic time. It was just me and my friend away for first time without parents. I will admit I was a little nervous about this but as soon as we got there we were greeted straight of the coach by Dawn, Kris and Drago who helped take everyone's suitcases to the reception where everything was explained about the hotel and then shown to our rooms.

Through out the whole holiday the staff were amazing. I couldn't have been more thankful for how welcoming they were. I have never been to a hotel where the staff are so friendly. If you needed something they would be there to help within seconds.

I definitely agree with the other comments about some of the rooms being tired. Our room was by reception which was perfect as we were then in the middle of being close to the restaurant, pool and then a minute away from the saxophone bar. Unfortunately the air conditioning unit was no use it leaked out loads of water when your turned it on and was so noisy, but we didn't feel we needed it and managed to survive the holiday without. The room it self wasn't amazing but for a low rating hotel you can't complain. Although we had a few problems with the bathroom one with the shower head didn't stay up so we had to hold it while we showered to stop it spraying everywhere and secondly we had a ants nest above the bathroom mirror which when we complained they reception did react but they didn't manage to sort the problem properly so we had to just deal with it. We also found our bed sheets weren't changed the whole time we stayed which we wasn't happy about.

The pool was lovely, very clean, rather big and had plenty of sun beds! The bar staff around the pool are always happy and quick to remember what you normally have which was a nice touch.

The animation team on here haven't got great comments but I found they were all lovely and such fun to be around. They tried to motivate everyone to join in with what games and activities they came up with. Around the pool they came up with various activities for all ages to join in with which was excellent. The children seemed to be very drawn to the animation team which shows they are very good with children. Even of a night time they done bingo, dancing and other activities which everyone joined in with and was a good laugh to watch. If I am honest the animation team made my holiday for me, without them around the pool or in saxophone bar I would have been really bored. The guys made me and my friend feel very welcome and was always a pleasure seeing their happy faces every day.

The Saxophone bar needs a good bit of loving a lot of broken chairs which need replacing if I am honest! The staff were pleasant and always said hello. Most people are saying the evenings were no good but every night I spent in there I had a good laugh! If it's not your sort of thing in there then you can also go into town which is a 10 minute walk to other bars.

Also a big shout out for Ashley who is the rep at the hotel, lovely guy! Most reps you hardly see them around and when you do they don't socialise with you. Ashley was always there to help and always around getting to know people around the hotel, day and evenings! Definitely the best rep I have ever come across!

Overall holiday was amazing so big thank you to everyone at the Zafrisis Hotel, I would definitely return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sophie D

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed for a week at the hotel, everyone was amazing! The staff were so friendly and polite! If we had any worries or problems they would be fixed straight away.

The room was always tidied for my sister and I, which was good because we weren't the cleanest. But there were some slight flooding problems in the bathroom and a minor ant problem, but apart from that the room was lovely!

Now, the animation team, they made the holiday so much more exciting! So friendly and polite, they would make sure we were always having fun! The activities were so much fun once my family and I took some convincing! The entertainment in the evenings was something to look forward to every night.

Best holiday We've ever been on! An experience i'll never forget, Thank you!
#Corfu2014

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LNicklin
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at the Zafiris for 1 week in June with my 4 year old godson and his mum, We had a free child place and the price and overall other reviews won us over.

Arrived at the hotel just after 9pm and they has kept the restaurant open for us. We had a split level family room with the main bedroom and bed being a good size, bathroom was ok with bath and shower and towels changed twice during our weeks stay. Maid come daily to clean but I felt the floor was not properly as still lots of sand left and the table on the baloney could have been cleaned with wet cloth.

Food was pleasant, meats, fish, veg, salads, BBQ one evening. I think personally more seafood would be nice. Free ice cream during the day at some point would have been a nice touch too along side the other pool bar snacks. Drinks not to bad and you could pay for Imported brands only a small fee. The views are amazing of the sunset from the hotels pool bar really worth a watch and my godson enjoyed seeing the sun get eaten by the sea :)

The busy main part of the town with a large beach is is 10-15 mins a walk away from the hotel (smaller beaches are nearer the hotel at a stones throw distance) near the hotel you have a some lovely restaurants all very cheap €5-6 for steak or fish with salad and chips so very affordable to have a few nice meals it like we did.

Overall for what we paid and the fun we had we would go back not a bad 3 star at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie82115
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend visited the zafiris for a week early July and it was a great week! Firstly I'd like to mention that the staff were amazing! All were very polite and friendly and were very attentive. We had an all inclusive package which was great because the food was lovely, I'm a very fussy eater yet I found plenty to have every meal, there were also plenty of drinks to choose from on the all inclusive menu.
I don't see why people are so bothered by the fact the rooms are plain, you are on holiday in a gorgeous place GO OUTSIDE! I think slating the decor of the room says more about the type of person they are rather than the hotel.
As for the illness that many people had around the time we were there I had it too for a night and a day, I never went outside almost all day when I had the illness but because of the cleanliness of the room and the fact it was kept lovely and cool I was able to stay relaxed and make the best of things. Staff were also very helpful and all showed concern and checked up on me throughout the rest of my stay which I found lovely. When I was ill I did try and go to tea with my boyfriend, I wasn't going to eat I just wanted some fresh air. When we got sat down I felt incredible faint and sick, one of the male staff members noticed and moved us to a different table in front of an air con and turned it up high to cool me down, this helped a lot and I thought it was very thoughtful, he helped a lot unfortunately I didn't manage to get his name.
The negative comments about the animation team are also very exaggerated. They ran loads of activities and tried to get everyone involved, they we're very friendly and kept everyone smiling. They were there almost all day everyday and were hardworking. Also bar staff and cleaners were very lovely.
The zafiris is in a great location very close to everything, there was always something to do! We would definitely come again!
Thank you to all staff members that made it a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ERound12345
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just return from Zafiris Hotel and we want to say
Great Holidays! Thank you to the fantastic staff there,
especially the animation team -good job lads!
The only think that we don't like was the food, but it was
great time. We will come back next summer

Jhon and family

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

After holidaying here in July 2013 we made a return visit this year.

The air conditioned apartments are as you would expect for Greece and a 2 star hotel.
​We found them clean but tired. ​In need of an overhaul. New showers would help too.
The split level family room we stayed in was good size wise but I would be concerned if younger children stayed in it with the steep spiral staircase.
The bathroom is upstairs...windowless with a shower which worked but very old. The bath was split level which was a bit odd. A bit mouldy in general but nothing we couldn't put up with.

We ​travelled as a par​ty of 11 so ​we had between us ​2 split level family rooms and​ another couple of rooms which were twins. One ​twin ​was cave like as it was on ground level with one window/door ​at the front​. The other ​twin was much nicer with good views​, newer and more effective air conditioning, ​located up a staircase ​opposite the reception.​ Fortunately we only needed one of the twins so the ground floor apt was left and we just used the patio area for drying towels. On a couple of occasions though after we locked the ground floor twin door we found it being left open and used as a toilet by the staff!​

​The Zafiris ​​staff are all very hardworking. A particular mention to Dawn at Reception who ​was friendly and always tried to help if we had an issue. It was also lovely to see Demetri again. Always welcoming and nothing too much trouble.

The Entertainments team tried their best but unfortunately​ had a hard act to follow from last year. Things did improve throughout our fortnight but really we think the whole evening side needs a review.

There is a lovely cocktail bar which the hotel now open in the evening. ​Sadly this is not included in the all inclusive ​so is barely used by the hotel residents. It is a fantastic spot for the sunset.​

If you want ​to take advantage of the ​all inc​lusive drinks in the evening​ you have to sit in the Saxophone bar with the entertainment....'comedy show', bingo bango, Mr and Miss Zafiris..It did get a bit manic at times but the kids (and adults) enjoy it.

The First Choice rep Ashley did a really good quiz with a live music section on the first Sunday evening ​when the Entertainments team had their day off ​and this was really enjoyed by all. Perhaps the Zafir​is​ ​should think about a few more external live shows mixed with their own team to entertain the captive audience.

Sadly the end of our holiday was affected by ​what the hotel described as ​a vomiting ​epidemic. On the Thursday evening many holidaymakers in the hotel suffered violent and severe vomiting and diarrhoea. ​This was difficult to manage in an apartment with only warm water and no availability of linen to change beds.​ I was cleaning floors in the middle of the night with towels.
​On Friday ​morning I​ went to Reception to report the vomiting and request bedding etc and was told it was a problem on the island and issued with hand sanitizer gel.​ Doctors were called out on request.

8 out of 11 of our party were affected. Even the maid cleaning our room ​the following morning ​was ​retching ​as she cleaned.​
​I reported ​the illness ​to the ​First Choice ​rep ​who logged it and​ decided to classify it as gastroenteritis. We still find it very odd that so many were ill after just one night. The epidemic was ​also described to me ​later by a First Choice rep as the Noro​virus.​ First Choice did log our names on a computer but then then did absolutely nothing.​ Just said it should pass in within 12-24 hours...

​If this was even suspected as the Norovirus we asked ourselves why was ​there was no deep clean done of the kitchen ​and rooms ​after the 'vomiting epidemic'. The bedrooms were ​regularly ​cleaned throughout our stay but not thoroughly enough​ after this sort of epidemic​. We even had to request a further clean after the initial morning after, as remnants of sickness remained on the floor and I ​then​ had to do a further clean of the toilet.

​Vomit covered rugs removed from our apartment and others after the outbreak remained at the back of the hotel near the spa until we left. ​We think these should have been disposed of immediately.

We did not eat in the restaurant after ​the epidemic, even with their measures of ​visible staff wearing ​blue gloves and ​asking guests to use ​hand sanitizer.
The hotel said others in the ar​ea had been affected but when we were out and about ​in the days following ​nobody seemed to know anything​ about a vomiting epidemic​.

​I do accept that Zafiris may not have been the cause of the vomiting epidemic but they and First ​Choice could and should​ have done more f​or​ their customers. Room checks and ​bottles of water​ along with a central point where people could collect fresh towels and bedding when Reception is closed would have been much appreciated.

This is a great location and a lovely pool but we feel let down with the experience.

Room Tip: Near the Saxophone bar or on hill opposite reception seem to be a bit newer. Air conditioning units...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 615pc
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Holidayed last week in June. As a First Choice 3 star the hotel rates 4 out of 5. You pretty much get what you pay for.
Our room was comfortable. The TV was an old square box with poor reception an just two English news channels. 3 star so no soap or shampoo remember to take some. The cleaning was daily and excellent. Need to keep the room ventilated during the day otherwise damp clothes don't dry.
The pool is a good size and cleaned thoroughly each day. Every morning though all the beds round the pool were covered with towels by 7am yet hardly anyone using them until well after 9am. Some people were putting towels out before they went to bed. This is an entirely English hotel so cannot blame other nationalities.
The restaurant was well run with pleasant staff. The dining room was kept very clean, The food was nicely cooked, simple dishes and nothing extravagant.
The entertainment team were popular and worked hard during the day but there was nothing happening at night at the Saxophone Bar other than slow service, a 10 minute game of bingo and the usual end of night holiday dances. There was a poor music quiz. They need to sort out decent quizzes or some mr and mrs or and miss zafiris competitions. Easy to put together and will keep families and couples entertained.
Also all inclusive only get half pints of beer which is not on and helped drive us out and in to the town centre where there are lots of good bars with surprisingly excellent entertainment in the way of tribute acts.
What I found most disappointing was that it was the World Cup and there were no screens up showing the games in English. Ended up every night in the Planet Bar across the road from the complex watching the games. Transmitting the games or putting on decent entertainment would have meant more people staying in the complex making use of the all inclusive and maybe the hotel didn't want that.
On the whole I would recommend the hotel (as a 3 star), Dawn and her team are very friendly and work hard. However as an all inclusive hotel the management need to think more about the holiday makers needs in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 187069Janet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidari
Alkyon Hotel
Sidari Water Park Hotel
Panorama Sidari
Panorama Sidari
#16 of 39 in Sidari

Been to Zafiris Hotel? Share your experiences!