My two teenage (15, 13) kids and I stayed here for 1 week in August 2014.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at these apartments and I would recommend them to people looking for what these apartments have to offer.
The good bits:
- Location a nice quiet area with a nice beach just 10 metres away. You can lay on the pool sun loungers and just nip into the sea! It is a easy 5 minute walk to the main centre, passing a few tavernas and 'convenience stores' on the way.
- Pool area plenty of sunbeds and padded sunbed cushions and parasols. Pool clean and pool area generally clean. No need to reserve a sunbed!
- Two room apartments - two separate bedrooms (only 1 has air-con €5/day) each with separate access to the patio/terrace.
- Separate kitchen/dining area (so no trying to sleep with the fridge making noises all night).
- Space - the apartments are a good size and the grounds and pool are nice and spacious for the number of rooms (I think about 14). Holiday makers with young kids were often playing on the well kept grass areas around the apartments.
- Nice shutter doors out to the patio - let air in whilst keeping the room cool and darkened.
- Sidari - having been a bit nervous that it may be a bit 'brash' for us we enjoyed the resort - nice beaches, lots of shops, nice food (Greek and international), and bars for those who wanted them but nothing too wild.
Not so good bits:
- Emailed and also tried contacting through the apartment's website form with a question about arrival but no one ever got back to me (I suppose I could have tried phoning if it had been urgent).
Kitchen pots, pans and utensils rather limited (a common problem everywhere).
- The cleaning of the room could have been improved. The big cobweb and spiders just behind the main door was never cleaned away. I asked for new towels after 4 days and was told not available until the next day. Ran out of toilet roll as we were generally not left enough.
- The free wifi around the pool area was rather flaky for a few days (we could have just been unlucky).
My daughter thinks that I should only give the apartments 3 out of 5 due to these last two points (but I think she'e being too harsh).
But as I say overall we enjoyed it and I would definitely be happy to stay there again, and I think these small apartments are probably some of the best of their size in Sidari.
Other notes based on earlier comments:
We were on the ground floor and had no problem with ants (if you do just ask for a spray). We had no problems with mosquitoes at Orestis (there were plug in anti mosquito gadgets in each of our rooms).
Orestis apartments, and Sidari generally, could do with a bit of TLC (and road improvements) but this is a Greek island and things at not as 'sophisticated' as the Balearics for example. Plus these have been difficult times for Greece. But everywhere was friendly and I thought Corfu, Sidari, and Orestis apartments provided good value.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Atrapalo and Stayforlong S.L. so you can book your Orestis Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orestis Apartments Sidari, Corfu