We searched the internet and trip advisor to find a last minute self-catering holiday in Greece and came across this family owned set of apartments. Having spent 7 nights there I can honestly say we made a fantastic choice.
The journey from the airport wasn’t particularly pleasant, it took about 90 minutes and the coach swung constantly through bends and turns in the mountains, quite a few people actually felt a little sick (might be worth taking travel sickness tablets if you have children). As an added note, the catering facilities at the airport for your return journey are a joke, long queues and very expensive; pick up sandwiches from the restaurants and cafes before you leave Sidari, we wish we had
We arrived to a lovely welcome by Stefan and Pops and we found them friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
Don’t be put off when the bus drops you off on the main road, first impressions look a little disappointing but when you step through the bar/entrance you find a lovely pool with a well kept grassed area and about 20 clean and tidy apartments
We had an apartment directly outside the pool with a shared balcony (we stayed in number 1). The kitchen area was small but had everything you need to cook simple meals. There were two comfortable single beds, adequate storage and a small dining area. The only thing we could criticise about the apartments was the shower area. This area is small and cramped with a hand held shower and the one thing they do need to do something about is the shower itself, simply fixing the shower head to the wall is a cheap measure to introduce and would stop most of the moans.
Towels and bedding were changed during the week and the apartment swept and cleaned probably 5 out 7 days. There is a family friend called Villy who works there from early in the morning to late at night, she is an absolute star and deserves picking out in this review.
The apartments are situated in the Canal D’Amour area of Sidari which is just far enough from the lively strip, 5 minutes walk to the beach and close to some really good restaurants with two supermarkets available within 100 metres. We ate out every night and found some wonderful places to eat (I’ve completed reviews for every one we visited).
For us the best thing was the peace and quiet. All of the apartments were full but there never seemed to be many people about. On some days there were only 10 of us around the pool and it made a refreshing change not to have to play the reserve a sun-lounger game at silly o’clock in the morning
The apartments adjoin the planet bar which provides music during the day when you are around the pool, reasonably priced drinks and decent snack food. We tried the big breakfast they do and for about £4 it was excellent value for money and very well cooked and tasty.
If we are ever looking for another last minute holiday we would definitely consider this as a first option
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Τοndoris Apartments & Studios is situated in Sidari resort, in the northern part of the island of Corfu.It is only a short walk distance from some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece and it is an absoluctely ideal place for the whole family. It is a family run property that provides quality and affordable holidays in a relaxing environment but also not far from the main attractions of Sidari. In the surrounding area, our guests can enjoy a selection of tavernas, restaurants and shops or spend their day/night around the wide pool area, where they can enjoy a nice home made meal or a drink as served in Tondoris pool bar, the Planet Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tondoris Apartments & Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tondoris Apartments And Studios
- Tondoris Apartments & Studios Hotel Sidari
- Tondoris Apartments & Studios Sidari, Corfu