“Thank you for your hospitality, Sofie and Costas.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sidari
Joy Life Apartments
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Brasov, Romania
“Thank you for your hospitality, Sofie and Costas.”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We just got back after almost 2 weeks that I spent in Sidari, Corfu Peroulades area and we felt so well that I could not help but write a recommendation for this location. Initially I looked accommodation right in Sidari but finally we made ​​the perfect choice of this location, as in Sidari restaurant are very noise. If you like what I've been new beach every day, you do not have time to look at small defects or inconveniences that you find in any 3 star hotel. But with the hospitality and warmth we received from employees, Sofie maneger of the hotel and the owner Costas, to make you feel good, you will not to find anywhere. We had many places to visit in the area and although we had bicycles with us, distances are small, we preferred the convenience to go by car. The hotel has 2 large swimming pools small one for children and a Jacuzzi, a small tennis court, pool table, ping-pong, bar to the pool, the hotel is near etc. Near there is a store where you can buy one ore another, is a Greek near where she sells vegetables and fruits only. I highly recommend this hotel and go over all the bad comments .

Room Tip: Pentru cei care vor mai multa liniste pot alege camere in cladirile din spate .
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
Chelmsford, Essex
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My boyfriend and I arrived back from Corfu a few days ago, and we will miss the hotel. Before writing my review I scrolled through the previous comments to see what people were saying and it's safe to say the people who are complaining are either very ungrateful or have traveled to this hotel with a pessimistic opinion from reading bad write-ups. If you go with an open mind and a good attitude, you will have a good time!
The reason the food is "so bad" is because you won't be used to their food, or the ways they cook! Yes sometimes it was very British, but they had a Greek option as well...? Some nights I throughly enjoyed their food, but others I would have only had a small plate because it wasn't my aquired taste. At the end of the day I ate because I didn't spend all that money for nothing, you get what you pay for, and with this hotel being a SMALL 3* I wasn't really expecting fine dining. I had also seen some people complain about the fact ice cream was only served between 12:30 and 2:30 - did you want ice cream for breakfast or something? I can tell you the reason for why they served it at that time, and that is because between 12:30 and 2:30 it's the hotest time of day! Also, if they served ice cream all day they would run out, given the rate some of the people at the hotel ate, never mind the fact all they did was moan about the food.
My room was lovely at first, we were slap bang in the middle of the pool's view and had a wonderful balcony wherein we chatted to our neighbors most of the time, and we are now very good friends. The only problem I found was that when I fell and fractured my shin (if people have read the other reviews, it is me who ruined the fire show by falling over), was getting up and down the steps to our apartment. However, the manager very kindly moved my boyfriend and I to a bottom floor apartment therefore making it easier to get around. This room was substatially smaller because there was a set of bunk beds directly infront of us, but seeing as wel have no children we just put our suitcases on there and left it at that. The view we then had from that hotel room was just trees and wasteland everywhere, But again, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for! Just a warning to others who have booked to travel here next year, air con in your room is 50euros a week! We payed 100 seeing as we stayed for 2, but to be honest we didn't mind, It's either roast in your sleep or have a nice room with adjustable temperatures to keep you cool at night. If you find it that much of a problem though, take the reciept you get from reception to the travel agents you traveled with, and ask for your money back. The rooms were also kept super clean and tidy when the lovely cleaner came to sort it out for you! The only problem I could find was that every time you had a shower the floor was soaked, which wasn't actually a problem until I fractured my shin. Slipping around with one leg on a wet floor isn't fun,
The pool was kept wonderfully clean each and every day. You can sleep in till midday and get a sunbed, easy, so there was no "get up at 6am to save a sunbed because people will get there before us!" business. There is no lifeguard on duty, so whatever you do BE CAREFUL around the pool. One slip and you could end up in Corfu Medica, and that isn't exactly the best place to spend a day of your holiday. The staff were wonderful! Because I couldn't get around very easily Sophia ordered me a wheelchair - there were still steps I had to get up and down, but at least it was easier and didn't take 20 minutes for me to hobble from my room to the restaurant every night! When we got there we gave the bar staff a 5euro tip - that way you don't get stale bread sandwiches and you get 5* treatment ;) that's a joke. But the staff are payed very little! So giving them a tip will make them feel better about working at that place. No doubt they get a lot of stick from horrible customers who have nothing better to do than complain about ice-cream.
If you want to get out a bit, go down the strip. I never got a chance to do that, because 4 days in to our 14 day holiday I fell, but from what I hear there is an English bar (which people probably won't want to go to, given the fact all people have done is moan about how the food is very English) and apparently the beach is beautiful! Also, the hotel over the road is lush! Free pool, all you have to do is pay 2.50euros for a beer which is in a cup that's been frozen, and you're free to do what you like! My boyfriend and I had dinner there one evening and it was gorgeous! A mixed grill with a nice little portion of home made chips on the side. All for the bargain price of 8euros! There is also a mini supermarket about 2 minutes down the road, and you can buy cigarettes, tobacco, alcohol etc. If you want to take any tobacco products back, they have packets of 200 all ready done up with prices on them already. I think the most expensive ones were 40euros, which is alright, unless you want to pay for them individually, in which case the prices range from 3-4euros.

Basically, if you want to enjoy yourself, don't pay any attention to these bad reviews. I fractured my shin and I still had a good time. Go with an optimistic mind, and enjoy yourself :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Amber W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We returned last week after spending a week at Joy Life and really could not find where some of the poor reviews came from.

Our room was spacious and clean and was comfortable for the two of us. We did pay for the AC to be activated but with the temperature over 40C each day, it allowed us to cool the room and get a good night's sleep.

I must say that the week was very relaxing in a small quiet Hotel which was out of town. We did walk to the town (20-25 mins) one day to do a little gift shopping and then got a taxi back for 5 euros. The beach is also in town so again a slow walk down with a quick taxi ride back.

The lunches were probably the best meals of the day with lots to choose from but dinner always had a fresh soup, a choice of salads and a choice of meat or vegetarian dishes. Breakfast was probably the poorest meal of the day but plenty of toast and jam or beans and eggs.

The two main pools were great with enough sunbeds for the number of rooms and shaded areas to get out of the heat in the afternoons.

We were made very welcome by all of the staff from the managers down to the bar staff and cleaners and people like Billy make the day entertaining.

We saw a few of the evening shows and the Greek night was particularly funny with everyone encouraged to join in.

Overall, having booked this hotel late and not known much about it, we would go out of our way to stay there again in future for a relaxing break.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

A friend had booked this to go with someone else who couldnt go at the last min so i took her place, After reading the reports i was not looking forward to going to the joylife, but it is a lovely clean hotel, the hotel manager sophia was lovely and always on hand to help. there isn't much food to choose from but what there was was nice and hot, always fish, meat or salad.b'fast was a bit of a let down and was always cold but always a egg of some type and bread. shower was always hot when we used it, but does run slow. it is a good 20-25 mins walk to town we did it a few times but was 38-40 when we was there so very hot to walk in, the cabs are only 5euro.we didnt stay in the hotel in the evenings so cant comment about the entertainment, although we did watch the greek night which was a good giggle.With the Joylife Hotel you get exactly what you pay for, think you need to remember it is only a 3*. we had a lovely relaxing time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kerryholt
newark on trent nottinghamshire
Reviewed 5 August 2012

when we were on our hols , 37 peeps were shipped from this horrible hotel to our hotel .It sounded absolutely horrendous!!!! ....please save ur money ...dont go here.......I admit we we not in this place but the horror stories we heard from hard working, decent folk that had worked hard n saved good money for their annual (& in some cases, peeps hadnt had a holiday for a few yrs) were enough to make you cry..........be warned xx

Room Tip: Dont go here.......there are lots of better places to go......
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PatnAlecHenderson

Travellers are raving about these Sidari hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I visited the Joy Life hotel last month for a 7 day break with my sister. We have been to Corfu many times, but this was our first in Sidari town.
On arrival in the hotel, we were lead by the receptionist to our room. When we informed her that our air conditioning wasn't working, she advised us there was a fifty euro fee per week. We have stayed in many hotels and never before have we been asked to pay for air conditioning!
I went to go for a shower before dinner, and the water was ice cold. I left it to run for ten minutes but no hot water came through. Throughout the duration of our stay, we had three hot showers between us.
We headed into town for dinner, a twenty five minute walk in a dangerous dark road. Thankfully we had enough spending money with us to afford taxis to and from the hotel to the town.
The brochure boasted the in-house entertainment, showing a variety of activities such as karaoke, bingo, a Greek night and a quiz. The Greek night on the Wednesday and was reasonably good, but the only other form of entertainment was ITV 2's Xfactor Best moments followed by Jeremy Kyle!!! I wouldn't watch it at home never mind on holiday!
There appeared to be two managers who were completely disinterested in the hotel guests and their concerns. The only people they engaged with were the barmen, who would attend
to them and ignore the customers! However, I must emphasise the staff - barmen and cleaners on the whole were excellent.

In the past ten years, we have travelled all over Europe enjoying holidays - relaxing resorts and city tours but have never have experienced anywhere as bad as Joy Life. The building is great and the setting ok, but the management and facilities leave much to be desired. I have never posted a review online before but feel it appropriate to warn others that the hotel is far from "joyous".

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank 906InaM
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We arrived at the Joylife Hotel on the 20th July 2012 and had nothing but problems since we arrived. The Manageress was obnoxious and had the most appalling attitude towards her guests, no respect for anyone. She had no interaction with her guests and constantly watched your every move. From day one, not only our family, but other families in the hotel experienced problems with faulty showers, no hot water, poor quality and variety of food, lack of soft drinks, water and draught beer often running out, no evening or daytime entertainment provided, only one channel on the TV in the rooms, no clean towels for 5 days, no clean bed linen for 5 days, no proper pool bar snacks and the ever changing rules surrouding pool times and pool bar openings to the discretion of the Manageress. Our family also experienced problems with water leaking all over the bathroom floor from both the shower and coming up from the drain in the bathroom floor, stagnant water smell coming from the sink and the air conditioning leaking all over the balcony, which resulted in me slipping. The family inflicted bites upon bites over the coming days and on further inspection we discovered "bed bugs" in a majority of our beds, which had been confirmed by a Medical Centre in Sidari town. These were also discovered in several other families apartments. When confronting our Thomas Cook Reps about all our concerns and the problems, we received no help at all and after pleading to be moved, we were refused further accommodation as we were told "that there was no other accommodation available in the whole of corfu". During all the confrontation, it emerged that the Manageress acknowledged that they had a problem with bed bugs and that she had the apartments fumigated a few weeks ago but could not prove any of this. Following on from this the Thomas Cook Reps stormed out of the hotel leaving the guests behind wondering what was going on and the Manageress refused to serve the guests any food or drink.

Due to nothing being resolved by our Thomas Cook Reps or any provisions put in place for us all, three members of my family decided to leave and return to the UK. The further six members of the family endured a further two days at the Joylife before the Thomas Cook Reps moved them to a 4 start hotel in Corfu.

My whole holiday has been ruined at the expense of a Manageress who clearly did not have a clue how to run a hotel and also by Thomas Cook, who in my opinion, simply could not be bothered dealing with the problem at the time and dragged the experience for the rest of my family out for a further two days.

Room Tip: carefully check out all hotels suggested by Thomas Cook before booking anything, this could save you...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family