“Greek getaway”

Sunshine Apartments
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Sidari
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We have absolutely no regrets after our visit here . We were met by Athena who took us directly to our room . Good size . Fridge . Mini oven with two hob rings should you want to cook !!! Why u would on holiday I don't know.. Air con payable at approx 35 euro each unit personally we always kept the shutters closed during the day then open at night and this was more than ample as they have a fly screen on the windows..room safe also never used this and never had the feeling of needing to.

The apartments are in a quiet location just out of town from the main strip. The bar is great to unwind in the evening with a chat or banter from the ever helpful Lou who has great knowledge of the area .walking distance to the local beach and coves less than 10 mins ..and to the main strip with all the bars and nightclubs 20mins .
Free wifi in the bar area and Tv with sports or news or if you ask nicely they would probably put on what ever you wanted :)
We ate here several times and my only criticism would be frozen chips hand cut would have been better as the rest of the food was great at all times., fussy I know but it's in the details .
Greek night was a great laugh with everyone joining in by the end of the evening and some good old plate smashing Athena & Nikos even got some good plates out to smash did they get carried away ? Yep , this all made it a great Night .

This is also one of the first places I have been too where you don't have to do the towel run at 5.00 in the morning for a sunbed . Trust me enjoy your evening drink have a lay in till 9.00 come down for breakfast then pop your towels down great in my books .. And how it should be .

We had a great time here as did our teenage kids 15 and 19 yrs old who like us met up and chatted with fellow guests till late in the morning some nights!! Ok most nights ..

We were sad to leave and could have happily stayed for another 2 weeks but what adds to that Greek experience was the warm send of we received from all the staff both front and back of house so a big thank you Again
Rob . Michelle . Shannon . Josh

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 60harvest

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I read the reviews on this place prior to booking and liked that many said it was family friendly and a good location. They were spot on !

Upon arrival we were greeted by Athena the owner who is a warm friendly person. She was very busy but managed to make you feel at ease and more importantly, welcome. She showed us to our room, room 16 which is located above the bar area. The noise insulation must be fantastic because at no point did we hear anything from the bar when we were in our room. There is a lovely big balcony that is about the size of some apartments that I have previously stayed in ! The room was clean and tidy and more than ample for our family requirements. I have read others complain the beds were hard but I found them just fine.
You do have to pay extra for air con, 35 Euros per unit per week. we had two units in our two bed apartment. I paid for both and they were well worth the money, Corfu is VERY hot in August!!

The bar area is great, not too noisy and enough room for some privacy if you so choose. Louise at the bar deserves a special mention. She is a very friendly and helpful lady who was able to give plenty of advice about what to see and do around Sidari. She also helped my 11 year old learn Greek phrases, new ones each day, that he used whilst out and about. The bar prices are average for the area, as are the food prices. We ate breakfast there every day, lovely. We also had some lunches which again were very nice. The Greek night was brilliant, the staff get very involved and whip you up along with them, certainly a highlight of our holiday.

There is free Wi-Fi in the bar area, kept our teenage daughter very happy. We could even get a signal in our room above the bar area.

The pool area is very nice. Clean and tidy and well maintained. Never an issue about getting a sunbed, plenty of choice. There is a small fenced off area for the wee ones and a big enough area for the more grown up kids, or less grown up adults to have a carry on and play games.

The apartments are about a 8 -10 minute walk to the main beach at Canal D'amour and then a further 7-8 minutes into the heart of Sidari. There are plenty of tavernas, bars and shops on route. You are just out of the main area, but that is a good thing in my book, not too far to walk but far enough that you don't get the constant noise from the bars and late night revellers.

I would say that this is a place that you would want to come back to, a friendly warm place that makes you feel at home quite quickly. We found ourselves staying out later at the bar chatting to other holiday makers and the staff much later and more often than we would have planned, but it was such a friendly family atmosphere that the time just flew by !

On our last day we were getting picked up early for transport to the airport, before the kitchen opened. Athena took out breakfast order the night before and came in early to make it for us, ensuring we left for our journey home with a full stomach and a cheery wave off ! A lovely touch at the end of a lovely holiday.

I would recommend this holiday to couples looking for a quite retreat, families looking for a relaxed family area and anybody looking for a friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 16 and 17 have stairs up to them, but 16 gets the Wi-Fi ! and a great balconey
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mikemcf
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Holiday starts by being greeted off the coach by hotel owner ( never happened anywhere else I've stayed ) all staff are very friendly and very helpful .
The food is excellent as is the service . Hotel is very clean and tidy as is poolside bar . Local shop very close at hand and nightlife well within walking distance . All these things add up to a very relaxing holiday and I can now see why so many people return year after year , I will definitely return again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Moyna L
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent place for a family holiday. From our first night where we had a very welcome late night meal we knew this was going to be a great holiday. Athena is a superb hostess and makes everyone feel at home in her apartments. Louise and all the other folk work as part of an excellent team that goes out of its way to make all guests feel at home. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment that was spotless and spacious. The pool area is fabulous with lots of sunbeds for everyone. Food is lovely with a huge varied menu. The resort of Sidari is within easy walking distance. The Greek night is also very spectacular. Highly recommended and certainly we would love to go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Steven H
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks in the sunshine apartments Sidari and I can honestly say a fantastic 2 weeks. A very relaxing holiday basic accommodation but worth it. The staff Athena,Louise,cooks and the cleaner and I won't forget Nickos, were all excellent. Bars and restaurants very close by and the hotel across the road also very accommodating run by Christos and Spiros. Night life in the close by town cenrer something for all ages. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T0shede
Reviewed 5 July 2014

a fantastic family holiday, great for kids of all ages. Im 14 and this place is brilliant the staff run about after me my mum , dad, sister and brother of us tending to our everyneed. We will be bringing the rest of the family next year. I recommend it to any thats wants a relaxing, fun filled and simply outstanding holiday that you will remember. I would just like to thank the owners Athena and Nicos, also Louise and Sula for the best holiday ive ever had i hope to see you next year.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank rsbja
Reviewed 4 July 2014

After a rocky start due to a plumbing issue which meant we couldn't stay for our first 2 nights, we arrived at the Sunshine. The complex is lovely in a peaceful area but within easy distance of Central Sidari and even closer to the restaurants of Canal D amour.

The apartments are clean and functional and the complex is small enough to have a really intimate feel where you get to know everyone and the owners and staff make a real effort to make you feel welcome and looked after.

The pool area is spotless and very relaxing. We ate a number of meals on site and can honestly say the choice was excellent, we had some great meals in and out of the hotel and id definitely recommend eating at the sunshine as well as going into the resort.

Overall it was an excellent holiday made by the great weather, excellent staff who would go over and above to ensure your holiday was as enjoyable as possible.

Would I go back......try and stop me !! See you next year !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends