Hotel very pleasant and the staff are generally kind and helpful. The pool area is very tranquil and not crowded. Our main disappointment was the food and the dinning room. The first night was average and we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Second night was worse. My starter, "focaccia with sautéed onion" was a slab of shop-bought pizza base with pan fried onion in some white wine. The main course was a roasted leg of chicken with six chips (picture loaded). No seasoning, no sauce, no imagination. Both went back unfinished. Awful. The dinning room really isn't big enough. There were over 20 couples staying and the tables were only cms apart. The only way to have a private conversation was to whisper. We checked out a day early and went to a hotel on the coast to be spoilt and well fed. Over € 200 per night HB and really not to be recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming Aldiola Country Resort is surrounded by centuries-old trees, and located on the hills overlooking the Liscia Lake, close to the Sardinian Emerald Coast. The panoramic swimming pool and the various shady spots offer moments of total relaxation. The architectural features of the Gallura region are reflected in the lay-out of the hotel rooms. Each room offers spectacular views of the lake. Furnishings are in the authentic Sardinian style. Particular care has been paid to the choice of wood and ironworks for the furniture and fixtures, textiles and ceramics, all crafted by the finest Sardinian artisans. Both the restaurant and the rooms are set among the local shrub and flowers, carefully trimmed and illuminated at night to create a beautiful atmosphere. The Aldiola restaurant offers the best choice of regional and international cuisine, with 2 types of menu that change daily. The finest traditional dishes are enhanced by local ingredients and flavours. The house wine, from the family vineyard, is a fine, fresh red wine. The restaurant also stocks the best known Sardinian labels. The surrounding area is rich in extraordinary sites, both natural and archaeological. A short distance away, on the shores of the lake, are numerous 1000-year-old olive groves and amazing granite rocks. You can also admire monuments of the Nuragic age. Aldiola Country Resort is also the ideal starting point for nature walks and more challenging trekking excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aldiola Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldiola Country Hotel Sant`Antonio Di Gallura
- Hotel Aldiola Country
- Aldiola Country Resort Sardinia, Italy