“Not just for golfers”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Christow
Teign Valley Golf And Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Christow
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed here simply because it was the nearest hotel to the business I was visiting and the room rates were well within my budget. I had no pre-conceived ideas and no particular expectations.
I think the best way to describe the Teign Valley Golf Club and Hotel is a bit like an eco-friendly version of a small Premier Inn. The complex is relatively new, well decorated and well furnished, clean and comfortable. The staff (in particular the receptionist during my stay) are friendly and attentive.

The hotel's intention is to provide quality local food. However, the low occupancy at the time I was there had resulted in the chef resorting to frozen veg. Understandable, but a pity as it detracted from the quality of what was otherwise a delicious home made lamb hotpot.
If you are a golfer, then this hotel must surely be your idea of heaven. If you're not, you can always make use of the hotel's gym while your other half is on the course.

It's not the Savoy; it's not trying to be. What it is, is small, intimate and friendly. Add to this the good standard of decor, furnishing and housekeeping and the low room rates and you have a great value package.

Other than the minor gripe about frozen veg, the only other observation I'd make is that the bar area can be quite noisy at times during the day - especially when golfers return from a tournament. (I tried to use the bar area to carry out interviews. It was a mistake.). For most visitors who, will either be out visiting the area or on the course during the day, this won't be a problem.

Would I stay there again? Without hesitation. In fact. I've already booked myself back in.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We held our Christmas Lunch at Teign Valley Hotel & Golf Club and the food was excellent. The 3 course menu with 3 choices for each and including coffee was also very reasonably priced rcompared with other venues. The traditional Christmas lunch was enjoyed by all who chose this but the slow roasted belly pork on a creamy mash with cider apple gravy was exceptionally good.

The food throughout the year is good value and well worth considering for any office or private luncheon or dinner. Booking is essential and the chef will also take note of any preferences and style a menu to suit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

I can't rate this place highly enough! A group of ten of us stayed there last weekend. The staff, in particular Dan the barman and the chef were really attentive and ensured we had a great stay and couldn't do enough to help us. The staff were exceptionally flexible and really catered for the fact that we were a bunch of lads who were keen to "unwind" after a good days golfing! We had a great roast beef dinner on the Sunday and much needed fry up on the Monday morning, both of which were top notch. As a nice touch Dan and the chef brought some ribs out for us whilst we were watching the Spanish football!! I can't recommend this place highly enough if you fancy a good golfing break with your friends........1st class.....

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank AMBOabroad27
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Hospitality outstanding and would like to thank Dan, Foxy, the chef and the staff for their warm welcome and an excellent weekend with great food, great company had by us all. Would like to thank Darren "the pro" for helping us out with our Ryder cup event as the trophy was shared 71/2 points to 71/2 points, we must return next year for another round.
Thanks again for the staff making us feel most welcome!!
Victor and the Skylark Team

Room Tip: room one or two...captains room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Victor G
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Took advantage of their special offer winter break and organised a group of 8 of us golfers to stay 1 night and 2 rounds of golf. Staff are just lovely. My bedroom was large, comfortable, en-suite, and with a good view of the course. Evening meal was really excellent, as was the splendid breakfast. Restaurant and bar well-laid out. Good beer on tap. Pro shop is pleasant and worth a good look round. The golf course is ok: quite short off the winter tees at about 5500 yards, but still has character with some interesting holes. One big hill to climb early on. The greens are very slow and a bit lumpy, but it is November. This hotel/golf course is on the edge of Dartmoor, in a very scenic area. Overall, this was a very enjoyable break.

Room Tip: Small tip - no mobile reception in the hotel, but O2 certainly works up by the 1st tee. A deer watch...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lester Z
Reviewed 23 October 2012

A very unenjoyable night's stay
The bed was brilliant but the good ends there. The room was big but lacked any character and reminded me of a bad Travelodge without any atmosphere. There was no one staying in the hotel so the bar was empty. The bar reminded me of a rugby club not a golf club. The restaurant had a limited menu! The sauce bottles on the tables gives you an example of the fare on offer.
The gym was unattended so don't have an accident or health problem
I won't be returning in this lifetime

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank chardhut
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed for 1 night, going back for 2 to celebrate my wife's birthday. The staff at this hotel could not be more helpful. When we asked to book a table for dinner, Nicola, on reception asked the chef, Tom, to show us the menu and let us know what else he had that was not on the menu. Dinner was excellent, Tom knows his way round a kitchen! Dan, the Night Manager, who was running the bar and Lucie who was our waitress, also made us feel very welcome and could not do enough to help us.

The room was clean, spacious, and nicely decorated. The area is beautiful and this hotel is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Before booking with any site such as late rooms etc., try phoning the hotel direct as they said they...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tourist12368
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christow
Best Western Exeter Lord Haldon Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennford
Fingle Glen Golf Hotel
Fingle Glen Golf Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tedburn St. Mary

Been to Teign Valley Golf And Hotel? Share your experiences!