“Don't get confused with Wini Rai 2, this is Wini Rai 1!!!!!”
Review of Wini Rai

Wini Rai
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maumere
Wini Rai
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Don't get confused with Wini Rai 2, this is Wini Rai 1!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

A great hotel for me to stay at. I stayed here for a total of 8 nights recently over 4 different periods but all within 5 weeks - I was doing visa extensions as i went east, and again a month later as I headed west. The first time they charged ne 50,000 for one of the economy rooms towards the rear of the property. I was there two nights and after applying for my visa extension headed for the beach - Wini Rai 1 looked after my big bag so I could go to the beach with just my day bag for two days while awaiting my new visa. On returning I took a room for the night and again was charged only b50,000 (the tariff sheet says 75,000 for my room). I did the same thing again a month later. They were ever so helpful during and even when I wasn't staying there!!!!!
My room was basic but had three single beds in it with a desk and a wall mounted fan. The mandi was shared and very close by.
Upgrade to a nicer room with attached mandi etc. Many local people use this with only one or two "foreigners" staying there, but hey, do we go to places like east Flores to be with tourists or immerse yourself into the local way of life - no tourists suited me fine ;-). On my last day before heading west the staff asked for my phone and returned it an hour later - now lending my phone to these individuals isn't a problem to me as i am fully aware they weren't going to abuse it. They returned it and asked me not to check the photos until I had left for Moni...... they had written complimentary signs and taken photos of them all together and as individuals- it was lovely.
The hotel is located about 2 km.s from the Ende bound terminal (which is just spare ground). There's a great internet place called Ship Net on the opposite side of the road whaich will take 2 minutes to walk to - 5,000 an hour!!!! Very Cheap. The night warung run by the two brothers directly next door is fantastic and very cheap. there's a more extensive menu across the road but I preferred the first one. Some more eating places all within a few minutes walk of the hotel - always heading into town.
Ojeks are 3,000 a ride no matter where, with the price going up to 4,000 or 5,000 towards the Airport and Immigration office which is several KM's away - a bargain price i think. Don't ask the ojek driver for the price, he'll ask over the odds, ask one of the hotle staff for an up to date price.. and get on and pay as you get off.
Enjoy Wini Rai 1..... not 2

Room Tip: Rooms between 75,000 and 300,000