We had travelled through the Eastern part of Flores and this was our last stay. With so much poor and indifferent accomodation on this lovely island this was a blessed relief. Hot showers, cleaned every day, very efficient if somewhat unsmiling reception staff, and good rooms in separate bungalows were all very much appreciated and novel after travelling for three weeks on Flores.
We had a beach front bungalow which was lovely. It had a great view, a fantastic terrace to sit on and was quiet and of a good standard.
Meals were ok though probably no better than that. Breakfast tended to be a bit haphazard though there was a good range of food including some nice bread, which is unusual in Indonesia. Evening meals varied from quite good to average though we were glad we opted our of the beach BBQ where the food looked a bit dire.
The staff in the restaurant were young Indonesians from Tourism school who were being placed to learn the trade. The idea of giving them the chance and experience to train at a place like this is wonderful. However, though quite wiling when prompted they were pretty clueless and we felt sorry that despite us watching carefully there was really no training at all happening and the staff therefore tended to respond to requests rather than anticipate them. Therefore at breakfast one day they sat and chatted with each other amiably rather than serve the guests at the tables. It needed someone to watch and mentor them as to what the requirements were and we did not see this at any time.
There was slow wifi in the reception area but it tended to come and go.
That said we thought this was a great place to stay. It was relaxed, quiet and beautiful and the swimming great in waters that were clear and calm.
A really good place to stay and though not cheap it was worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Sea World Club Beach Resort & Dive Center Sea World Club Beach Resort & Dive Center, located in peaceful Waiara beach in Maumere, the biggest city in Flores Island-Indonesia. Situated along 500 m nice grey sands beach and surrounding by beautiful tropical garden makes the resort looks very exotics. Rebuilding a bankrupt hotel was a far-sighted self-help-project of the German father Heinrich Bollen SVD. This courageous project offers financial support for the social project in education, health and children to development the island and provides jobs for about 40 people. The Sea World Club Beach Resort & Dive Center features 9 beachfront cottage and suites,1 honeymoon suites and 3 family cottages overlooking the ocean, 12 garden cottage and 2 private villas. With the nice beautiful beach and surrounded by tropical garden, the exotic buffet breakfast with home made jam from the local fruits, dinning at beachfront restaurant with selection of menu, enjoying the spectacular sunset while watching the fisherman working, diving and snorkelling activity, The Sea World Club Beach Resort & Dive Center is the place to be to have the amazing exclusive holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sea World Club Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Club Beach Hotel Maumere
- Sea World Hotel
- Sea World Club Beach Resort Maumere, Flores, Indonesia