“100 % Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ko Yao Yai
Cairo, Egypt
“100 % Paradise”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Let me start with thanking everyone in this hotel who helped me and my wife to have the most pleasant and wonderful servicing experience i had ever experienced during all my travels. You made our honeymoon as a part from a fairy tail in paradise. definitely i will come back again. anyone thinking about a honeymoon no way to think just go and enjoy it.
The only Minus is that you will be crying while checking out.

Room Tip: 1104 the best Pool Villa.
1 Thank Moustafa-Habashi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

LOCATION: On a remote island sure. But this hotel promotes free transportation to this island. That is a complete lie. They actually charge $300 roundtrip by a longboat that takes all day. You are better off chartering your own plane.

GROUNDS: Didn't make it. The hotel REFUSED to provide the free transportation promised.

AMENITIES: Speaking of false advertising, their all inclusive claims on the web are completely bogus. NOTHING is included.

ROOM: Don't be fooled by the photoshopped, expertly cropped photos. Read the other reviews carefully. If you want a room even remotely resembling the one on the homepage, expect to pay over 1k per night.

FOOD: NOT all-inclusive as advertised.

STAFF: Don't speak English and are extremely rude and ignorant. Didn't feel safe or comfortable staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Book anywhere but here. There are tons of lovely hotels in Thailand. (see my other reviews.)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lauren s
Sukomol, Deputy Managing Director at Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Lauren S,

We assume you posted wrong hotel as we have never advertised on our website about All inclusive and Free transportation, moreover we’ve never arranged any transfer by longtail boats, We operate transfer with our own speedboat, which we charge only 1,250/Thai baht. including land pick-up service from Phuket Airport.

About staff in our each department we do have supervisors and assistant with very good English skills to help our valued guests each and every step with concern top class service.
About Villa & Rooms, we always receive very positive comments about our stunning rooms & pool villas.

Please ensure you post correct hotel and kindly request Trip Advisor to remove this review and post to your genuine hotel.

Truly Yours,

Deputy Managing Director.
Danny K Sukomol.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had an amazing time at this beautiful resort. The private pool villas are beautiful, spacious and have a breath taking view on the ocean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Compared to other places in Thailand it's more expensive but absolutely worth it. The island itself is less developed than the island next to it (Koh Yao Noi) but with those rooms and a private pool, you just don't want to go sight seeing anyway.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Patricia M
San Francisco, Argentina
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived yesterday. 6 persons in 3 Ocean Villas (they are very big And nice but they need to be painted, the villas need make up!)
For check in they offer a transfer (expensive but very good). We took the one at 10.30am, but it would be good to know that even if they offer you a transfer at that time in the morning, it doesn't means you are going To check in the room earlier than 2pm.
At check in moment they give you a brochure with Spa Treatments, I started asking about promotions, they told me one thing, I checked with my Group and when I went back to book they told me another thing! So I had to go back to my Group and organize again. And today, I am still here at Santhiya, the day After they gave me the brochure and After finishing a treatment at the Spa they charged more because the prices in the brochure were old!!!! What???? It is your problem Santhiya! Not mine!
Anyway I paid what they say but I prefer To review about this situation for the people to know.
The people is so nice, even they don't speak English. Don't think about coming here if you at least know some English.
I repeat, they are constructing new villas (no noise from my room) but they should improve and paint the old villas.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Cgontero
Sukomol, Deputy Managing Director at Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Carlos,

Greetings from Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa – Traditional Thai-style luxury beach resort on tropical island.

First of all thank you very much for your constructive feedback while staying with us it will help our team to provide more equate information to our valued guest, we are so sorry about Ayurvana Spa & promotions, we have instructed our Spa team to learn how to communicate internally effectiveness and efficiency. We’re sorry that we haven’t had a chance to fix your case.

About check-in time, we will train our team to advise guests who travel with 10.30 hrs. or arrival before 14.00hrs.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive suggestions.

Looking forward to see you again in your near future trip to Thailand to feel the service difference.

Truly Yours,

Danny K Sukomol
Deputy Managing Director.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 June 2014

excellent experience!!gorgeous hotel!!!but if they get more boats to the main island (for night market, massage), it would be better, but the hotel is good, if i got holiday, i'll go there again!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heefanq23
Shanghai
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We just arrived back home today and we are already missing the hotel and the warm hospitality from the staff. We had a truly wonderful experience staying there and everyone made our stay so comfortable that it was hard to leave! The hotel is amazingly beautiful and kept impeccably clean, the views from the hotel room, the restaurant, the pool were also so beautiful. we stayed for 5 nights and had a really good and relaxing time there. There isn't much to explore around the island as it is still not developed as compared to the other islands across. The hotel is still expanding to add in more rooms and hopefully a hilltop bar which I'm excitedly waiting! Will definitely want to go back there soon!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Supreme Deluxe with the sea view and it's a block of rooms with 2 floors. It...
2 Thank AiJean C
Pathum Thani, Thailand
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very good for Service and Beautiful for Thai style resort , food delicious and rest sea view . I see sea view 360 . I happy rest and relax Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa . I come back to santhiya koh yao yai resort . I

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ko Yao Yai
#1 of 7 in Ko Yao Noi
Paradise KohYao
Paradise KohYao
#4 of 7 in Ko Yao Noi

Been to Santhiya Koh Yao Yai Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!