“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trattoria Bonini

Trattoria Bonini
Price range: US$22 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barbados
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came to this restaurant last year and enjoyed the cuisine and the experience. I had friends visit me this year and I took them to Bonini.. The A La carte menu really suited everyone as there was local trout as well as typical Garfagnana food. The maccheroni with wild boar are simply sublime. The pasta is delicate and 'melt in your mouth'.. There are exceptional wines to choose from and the owner will direct you accordingly. Food, ambience and service was exceptional, hence why I frequently return and would recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CliftonHallHouse

“Our last and best meal in Tuscany (this year)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ended our gastronomic tour around Castelnuovo Garfagnana with a long lunch at Bonini. A real pleasure. Great pasta, young boar cheek for main and then a delicious dessert. Mama does all the cooking, she is great. The wine list is varied, interesting and as Pier Bonini says reflects his passion. Ask them for a recommendation, we did and weren't disappointed, a lovely bottle at a very reasonable price.

Visited May 2014
biniamina
“My new weekly local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I discovered Bonini on my last visit, but returning again and again, I feel the need to share that this is one of the best trattorias I have ever been to.
I keep returning and there is always something different on the menu, and always well done. Locals seem to know this place and I always find it full.
The food is lovingly done by the mamma, service is very friendly, and Giorgio's knowledge of wine is extensive.
I absolutely love this restaurant and it has become my new weekly local for my stays in Garfagnana. The food, atmosphere and wine make this restaurant a true Tuscan experience.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Patricia G
London, United Kingdom
“Little bit of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I spent a delightful three weeks in Garafagnana in June/July earlier this year. Sadly we only found Bonini restaurant in our last week. Once discovered we ate there almost every day making sure we reserved a table.
There is an A La Carte menu and a weekday daily menu at a very inexpensive 10 euro’s per person. The service from Paul and Bianca was always charming the food absolutely delicious from either menu. Portions were generous and the table wines, either red or white were excellent.
Bonini is situated on the outskirts of Garafagnana and not always easy to find but make the effort it’s up the hill and overlooks the town and very worthwhile. Once discovered we always had our lunch there and didn’t find a problem with tables but booking at busier times would be recommended. As it’s now October and we often speak about our lovely meals you can see the deep impression it made on us.
Don’t miss this excellent restaurant!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gordon M
Near Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent Tuscan Food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

The restaurant is at the edge of the village of Monteperpoli when you drive up form Castelnuovo (take the first road left). It is a long, winded road, quite narrow in places. It was a Monday evening and the place was full!
We shared a place of the excellent local prosciutto (air dried ham) for starter and skipped the "primo piatto" (we always do, unless we feel totally starved). My wife then had pieces of wild boar braised in red wine while I ordered a Tagliata di manzo (sirloin steak) glassata in aceto balsamico). The food was absolutely gorgeous! We were a bit stunned by the number of wines on the list, so we asked the owner (who is a well known wine taster who often contributes to wine journals and year books) for a recommendation. We ended up with a bottle of Peteglia Montecucco, a pure Sangiovese wine, very pleasant to drink, for a modest 13 Euro.
Quick and very friendly service!

Visited September 2013