Doreta Beach Hotel
Sea View(Tholos)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
1,530 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Travelled 25/08/12 - 08/09/12

Ok so first of all I just want to say to people complaining about late transfers that has nothing to do with the hotel so isn’t relavent!

Ok so I just got back today from Doreta beach after 2 weeks all inclusive there.
Room. – we were placed on the 1st floor the room was basic as always had a double bed and one single perfect for us three adults! clean!- a good sign of a clean hotel is no cockroaches never saw one!!
The shower was powerful, occasionally was cold at time but this was only when we showered at about 5-6 which is the busiest time I guess! My family visit the Greek islands every year and – if anyone complains about the bath I have to say you’re lucky you have one most Greek hotels showers are the whole bathroom floor with a drain!!!
The biggest issue of our room was the air-con as the system was rubbish (apparently the first 2 floors are to be refurbished in the next year!) but in order to make your room cooler I suggest opening your balcony door through the night with the curtain over to stop mozzys coming in. please think of it this way, your room is only there for sleep and washing that’s it! If your spending any more time in there you might as well be as home!!

Food- the main restaurant had a great choice of food throughout the week with themes such as Italian, greek and fish. Deserts are very good!. In the evening however the dress code means men cannot wear shorts and vests. But as long as your shorts cover the knee caps and worn with a shirt or evening t-shirt you will be fine. If all else fails put on a dress and pretend you’re a girl because we get away with it!!
Outside there is a taverna which you can use at lunch or dinner instead of the main restaurant as they have no certain clothes rule.
The beach self-serve bar has snacks in the afternoon such as pasta, hot dogs, tosties, icecream and salad, with crepes every other day.
And the pool bar has a large range of all inclusive drinks and all soft drinks are good brand names!!
A La Carte- you have to book a few days before but it is so good! There is a set 5 course meal and the presentation is amazing! But I highly recommend you have a starter/soup, get a salad to share, main course, and then a desert or its too much to eat.

Staff- restaurant staff are courteous and professional. The pool bar staff are good some don’t really talk. And the main reception staff are useful and full of information!!
The beach is beautiful and its where you get the best tan! But do make sure you buy some water shoes before as there are too many stones in the water.
The pool is large, the only negative point is only one small corner is shallow the rest is for swimmers.
Sunbeds- I would get up at 7.30 go down and get some the first week it was packed ! whereas the second week dead! So it’s really dependant on how many is in the hotel.
Things to do- Rhodes town for shopping- the old part, has so many nice shops. Also down there by the sea you can go on many different boat trips. There is a good waterpark.

This hotel was great for us, but there wasn’t many English, as it’s a French company that own it it was mainly them Russians and germans.

Overall I would give this hotel a 8/10 air-con and a shallower pool would have improved the score.

Room Tip: 4&5 floor superior rooms
1  Thank xamezx
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We have just come back from two weeks at the Doreta Park and I am wondering where the people who said it was dreadful were actually staying. The rooms were spotlessly clean, new towels every day, and they provided the pool towels. Admittedly they could do with more sunbeds. The restaurant food was fresh and varied, if folks want roast beef or pie and chips then perhaps they should holiday in England. A la carte was fantastic. Had a great holiday.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more modern
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I have just returned from doreta beach hotel and i found the hotel staff very polite and understanding
the only problem i had was listening to an english family moaning about not being told where the dining room was, if they had only asked they would have been shown were it was but they kept saying that they should have been told without asking, are these people real or what, the old story they were after a discount from the hotel, shame on the english family, i met Mr VASILIS the restaurant manager and what a pleasant man to talk to, he deserves a medal after meeting the same english family, they wanted
a set table in the restaurant for every day set aside for them what plonkers, anyone just arriving at the
restauant were taken to a set table with no problem at all, good on you Mr VASILIS YOUR'E THE BEST
AND IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING YOU AND ALL THE HOTEL STAFF. FROM DAVE

Room Tip: Room on the north side was very good and quiet but my friends had rooms on the south side and the road side and they were very good and quiet, you only use the room to shower and dress so any room will do, FROM DAVE.
1  Thank dyd1417
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was interested to read the recent reviews on this hotel, I stayed here with my husband and 2 boys (then aged 8 and 12) in 1998. We stayed in what was the 'self catering' part which was the split level rooms, and it was very adequate with no problems apart from the door which from the outside seemed locked but from the inside you could just open it, there was no locking facility, we had to barricade ourselves in as our 8 yr old was a sleep walker and wondered out at 3am in the morning, we awoke to him banging on the door to be let in.
At the time it was very 'all inclusive' orientated and the staff were not interested in you if you were self catering. There was a lot of english visitors then and some people never left the place! Looking back the reviews today seem to reflect what was happening then, dirty areas around pool, children being sick from over endulging in burgers and fizzy pop and it not being cleaned up. Folk we spoke to said food was terrible back then, glad we went SC as there was some lovely places to eat especially Sunset Bar,which unfortunately has now closed down, many tavernas have been hit in Tholos because of the AI hotels.
We werent allowed to watch the entertainment being SC not that we wanted to as it looked atrocious (think of butlins camps and you wont be far wrong).
The hotel had many faults 14 years ago and reading these reviews nothing has changed, we have visited many greek islands and always stay clear of AI, try the smaller SC ones and get out there and try the local treats, you can always eat burgers at home!. Be adventurous !!
We havent stayed in sep 2012 but I had to put a date in to be able to submit review.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was very worried when I read reviews that had been posted on trip advisor with regards to this hotel. I even tried to cancel my accomodation due to the comments.
I along with my husband, son, mum, dad and sister arrived at Doreta Beach mid afternoon, we were greeted in a very warm manner by reception staff.
We went to our room which was a little dated but comfortable nevertheless.
The restaurant was well air conditioned and there was plenty of choice for adult diners however, the childrens buffet was very limited, this didn't seem to bother my 5year old as he was happy to eat pizza, hot dogs and pasta every day! We booked the Taverna for one of our meals personally I thought the main restaurant served better meals with a bigger choice. We also booked for the al a cart restaurant, this was a disaster. we stood quietly by the entrance waiting to be seated only to be ignored by the three waiting on staff! We looked about to see if a table had been set for 6 as booked and couldn't see one! We waited and waited until my dad followed a waiter into the kitchen and asked if we were going to be seated. The waiter went to get the restaurant manager who pulled 2 tables together and asked us to have a seat. We were handed the menu which was very nice and told all food was free we had to pay for drinks including water. we waited and waited to be served, my 5 year old was becoming impatient along with the rest of our party! The head waiter came over and said you will have to wait we have too many people here to serve! We said the service wasn't what we had expected to which the waiter shrugged his shoulders and walked away! We decided against eating there and went to the main dining room. I complained to the manager who couldn't apologise enough to us for his waiters rudeness! The following evening the manager came to us with a bottle of wine by means of him apologising.
We did find a lot of the entertainment was multi lingual and didn't find that much of an issue. The animation team worked extremely hard and long hours entertaining guests all day and night.
we had a great week and would return again.

3  Thank tracyj72