“Great food, family run hotel, relaxing!”

Vallian Village Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tholos
Poole, United Kingdom
“Great food, family run hotel, relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I came on a last minute holiday as a 'step in' as my sister friend was taken sick the day before the flight. I knew nothing about this hotel and was a bit worried as I always check trip advisor before booking any holiday.

I was very VERY pleasantly surprised!! :-)

The location wasa 5 minute drive from the airport, yes there were planes flying low over the hotel but this was only in the day time and it was a quick short burst of sound, it really did not make any difference at all in fact it was very fascinating seeing all the different airlines and planes!

The hotel is a good size not too small and not large. It has a large pool and lots of sunbeds to choose from. There is an outside bar and pool table.

The rooms are basic but clean and the beds are so comfy! I have never slept so well and I am a light sleeper!

The all inclusive option is well worth it because all the food is home cooked by the mother of the family who run this business between them all. I wanted to not over indulge but I could not help myself! Lots of healthy options and very tasty!

The location is out the way however we wanted a relaxing sunbathing holiday.
There is a bus stop up the road from the hotel and one into Paradisi the nearest little village.
Down the road there is a pebble beach where we did not see a soul in sight so to us that was heaven to swim in the warm sea and watch the sunset! it was like being on your own island

We met some lovely couples and other friends and relatives on holiday and it was a very friendly welcoming relaxing holiday.

The family also drove us back to the airport when we had to sadly go home!

We got the bus into Rhodes for the day which was for two of us 4.20 euro. The bus does get busy and very hot at peak times!
We booked a day trip to Lindos from the hotel, a comfy coach ride was well worth it!

I went the year before to Rhodes and hired a car for the day and saw all the island.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay if I had to sum up this hotel
1. if you want to relax and read all day by the pool this is the place to go
2. if you like home cooked healthy food go here!

This hotel is not geared up for kids there is no evening entertainment

We just wanted a break from our stressful jobs to relax, sunbath read, swim, be lazy, go to bed early, get some decent sleep, walk to the beach etc

We will be coming back next year!
We went October 2nd for one week - perfect NO KIDS AROUND PEACE AND QUIET! :-)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebecca T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Spent 10 days here in total, as with other reviews the hotel is very friendly, relaxing and staff incredibly attentive and happy to help. Food was always lovely though perhaps a bit repetative after 7 days.

Pool amazing and clean. Very deep (2meters one end and 1.5 meters on the other).

Plenty of sunbeds available.

Rooms - fridge in each room, aircon which costs 5€ a day and each room has a balcony. Fairly well sound proofed although we stayed end of season so hotel quiet anyway. Towels replaced every day. Only problem we had which others also experienced was no hot water in the shower in the morning.

Free wifi in pool, reception and bar area.

Yes you are close to the airport so aeroplanes do pass over but we quickly got used to it and it can prove to be quite fascinating.

Reception/staff very helpful - don't be afraid to ask! We wanted extra pillows which was no problem and also ran out of sun cream but they have loads saved!

If you are booking online via Travel Republic etc check out what tour provider you may have. We didn't know we had one but reception called the tour company to check and we did (Hellenic Tours, hotel4you etc). Went on three day tours - Marmaris Turkey, island tour and excursion to Lindos. The first two I highly receommend the last you'd be better off using public transport.

As a holiday to relax the VV is perfect, it is out of the way and no bars around. Thanks to everyone for making our holiday enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank treacle17
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

As I was travelling solo I wanted somewhere that was friendly and welcoming. This hotel was certainly that. Family run and everyone was very helpful. The hotel, pool area and rooms all very clean. The balcony door even had a fly screen very unusual in Greece and all rooms should have them. Not the best beach here and sea is quite strong for swimming. Having arrived at 1030 at night it was disappointing not to be able to get a coffee or something to eat having been travelling most of the day. Having gone on an early morning excursion the hotel does not provide anywhere to get a coffee or some breakfast. Food is not brilliant and very small plates provided and food is served out like school dinners. Deserts are not good same old melon out everyday or a one inch square of cake. Apart from that nice location and hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Came here on 11 sep 13, for 1 week....My husband found this amazing lil place from looking at reviews on here as we had a really bad experience in Rhodes (kalithea)when we came in June... As soon as we arrived I felt completely relaxed and made feel really welcome...We had a wonderful meal on arrival then taken to our lovely clean room, threw are bags down then went down to the bar for a few drinks....The only mistake we made was only booking for 1 week...we have been holidaying for 20 yrs together now and the Vallian is top of our list of places to stay, as hard working people we just needed to relax and relax is what we did...the owners are the most generous hard working people we have EVER come across...thanks for our lift to the airport =) to end our review the food, drink and ice creams were all amazing...And as animal lovers we made 5 fury friends, 2 rottweilers, the white german shepherd (my husband wanted to take home) and the 2 kittens on the beach...we will be back ♥ xx

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank floyd76
Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at this lovely hotel for a very enjoyable and relaxing week . In our opinion the location being so close to the airport was such an advantage for us " Older ladies " Like previous reviewers , we too were very kindly driven back to the airport by a member of staff . From the moment we arrived at Vallian Village we felt very safe , relaxed and were so happy we had chosen this family run hotel. All the staff were so friendly and always seemed to have a smile on their face. We thought the room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable , well equipped with a fridge , TV and in my opinion with the best hairdryer ever !! In all our years of travelling both my friend and I said we had never seen such an immaculately clean swimming pool.The All Inclusive package was such good value for money , as all the food was freshly prepared and very tasty. Usually when I go on holiday I miss my vegetables , but because they were available at lunch and dinner I think I probably had more than I would have at home!! The greek salads , feta cheese etc were all very fresh and tasted amazing.There was a good selection of soft and alcoholic drinks in the AI and even ice cream from 3pm round the pool. The bus stop was only a hop skip and a jump away and this made it very easy and cheap to travel around the island. Rhodes town which is about 30 minutes away on the bus is a definite trip to take. Really well done to Xanthia , her family and all the staff for giving us such a wonderful holiday. I hope to return to the beautiful island of Rhodes next year and will definitely be staying at Vallian Village when I do !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed beginning of Sept 2013 for 2 weeks. Have done a few all inclusive but this was different. On arrival was told don't worry about booking go get something to eat before the restaurant closed.

Room was cleaned every day, beds lined and towels changed every day. Hotel was clean and the family who ran it could not do enough for you.

Food.... breakfast was the normal full english or nearly. however the dinner and evening meal was different every day with a good choice for the hotel size.

No entertainment in the evenings but then guests had to then talk to each other which made a change.

Did not rent a car as they drive like nut cases but the bus service was good and cheap. Bus stop 50 yrds from the hotel.

Beach bar 5 min walk and bars 5 mins on main road. If you go in the sea you need beach shoes and many cobble and under current strong... but worth the effort.

Every Greek person we spoke to or asked for help in any way, were polite , friendly and could not do enough to help. We were not hassled to spend money even in Rhodes and left to sight see in peace.

If you go to this hotel visit the Dundee Bar next village along run by a Auss, great night free pool and gives you a lift home free of charge....ok 7 in a 5 seater but when you had a drink what the hell.

Now on our last day we went to get a but to the airport 5mins down the road saving a 13 euro taxi fare. Stood at the bus stop but cocked up as we thought it was weekday but it was a Saturday and missed it due to the wrong timetable we read. However the owners sister saw us at the bus stop got of her scooter came back in a car and drove us to the airport free of charge and hugged us all .........Now that is Service.... would i go back YES

Room Tip: My room was 1st floor and fine... while i was there we did not hear that anyone had anything stolen.