All reviewsroman roomchinese roomthemed roomseggs benedictjacuzzi bathsconesattention to detailarabian nightskeel baycoffee machinemini barachill islandmemory foamgreat sleepsecond to nonecan't praiseextensive menu
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This 5 star Guesthouse was recommended to us by The Merchant House in Dublin. We had a long weekend slot before Christmas and decided to treat ourselves. We most certainly were not disappointed, somewhat unusual in decor as all the 'Suites' have their own unique theme. Staff were very professional and made our stay so very pleasant. Price was attractive and competitive . Overall a very nice experience . We will return in the summer and enjoy the beauty of this Island and its landscapes.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dromod
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Booked as a post wedding long weekend break by our parents, Ferndale was amazing, welcoming and comfortable with lovely views from our sea facing suite. Room was beautiful and food was gorgeous- I wanted to take home a bottle of the sauce the chef used one evening we dined in. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michele M
Reviewed 3 January 2013

So weird it's like a nursing home was meant to stay a few nights but I left after one because It was horrible terrible decor honestly everything was like stage props the dining room was old dusty mingling there was grey hair on the black table cloths. Heidi was so strange she kind of didnT know when to leave you alone john was wearing a dirty old track suit when we arrived....breakfast in the morning was awful Heidi was cooking with no kitchen wear apron hat etc her hair was all over the place which really was putting me off when she served are breakfast she put her hand into my partners egg because she thought it was a hair??? Like seriously!!!!!! How would you expect any normal person to be able to eat after that??? The only thing I could manage was a cup of tea as I poured the tea what did I find?? A grey hair obviously not mine(iv black hair) after that I made up an excuse and couldn't wait to get the hell out of there!!!! 5star luxury honestly I would not like to see what 4 star or 3 is to them stayed in loads of 5star hotels and never have I experienced anything as awful or weird as this ??

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed at ferndale for 3 nights in november. When we arrived we where greeted by great spooky halloween decorations. The host jon showed us to our room (roman room) i have never seen such a beautiful room, huge bed, huge tv, beautiful decor, such detail in everything truly luxury. the bathroom was massive and had a jacuzzi bath big enough for 2 people, best shower i have ever had, toiliteries provided as well.
We had a tour of all the other rooms, jon explained how all the furnishings are handmade, every detail goes into each room and we hope to try every one!
Jon provided us with blu-ray dvds to watch in our room, he was always available if we needed anything!
Breakfast at ferndale i cannot fault. beautiful surroundings and fantastic view from the dining room. Extensive breakfast menu, gorgeous coffee and fresh juice provided with jons wonderful homemade scones a must try!
Would not have a bad word to say!
Amazing stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank LeighMIlford
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Myself and my wife spent 3 days in Ferndale last week. After a long drive we were greeted with tea, chocolates and scones by Jon. Our room and bed were really comfortabe. Breakfast was really great, top quality and a great variety. Our hosts Jon and Heidi were really friendly and welcoming. The location is really stunning, the scenery is amazing, even in bad weather. I recommend the atlantic drive and a visit to the RTE masts (I forget the name of the mountain). If I get the chance I will definitely visit again. Next time I will definitely try the dinner menu. Martin and Ursula.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple