All reviews roman room chinese room themed rooms eggs benedict jacuzzi bath scones attention to detail arabian nights keel bay coffee machine mini bar achill island memory foam great sleep second to none can't praise extensive menu
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed their for the second year in row during the August Bank Holiday - best food I've ever tasted & the people who work there are so nice. Can't recommend highly enough. Will be back next year again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for one night and absolutely loved it. Our room was beautiful, the food was great and the owners could not be more welcoming. I loved the little touches that made this place very special. The view from this B&B is fantastic and I loved Achill island in general. Would recommend Ferndale to anyone and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xsinead25x
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This is our second time to visit Ferndale and again we were not disappointed . All rooms / suites have their own special theme and great thought and expense has gone into this. Spacious , clean and presentable with large flat screen TV's and DVD players for in-house movies. Beds were large / Xtra large with memory foam mattress's for all night comfort. Stunning views of this paradise away from it all and blue flag beaches to pass hours strolling or swimming. Breakfast is leisurely and very pleasant with a good overall selection. Evening meal is by appointment and certainly to be recommended. What a selection from some of the finest seafood to exotica - like Zebra, Bison, Kangaroo and Crocodile all cooked to perfection and presented in a unique 'Ferndale' style. Chef and perfect host is Jon from Switzerland with the very unique and elegant Heidi who oversees everything ably assisted by Alex . These people offer something different that is charming, comfortable and relaxing. If I were to make one suggestion - I may suggest cooling fans in each Room / Suite. Other than that, Ferndale is a real treat to visit.

Room Tip: Reserve a Suite with a sea view..... simply stunning . Other Suites have mountain views which are also superb.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed here in May and had the nicest time. We felt so comfortable and at home because of the sociable and friendly nature of Jon, Alex and Heidi. We stayed in one of the suites and all I can say is...wow! The style of the room, the furniture, the jacuzzi..everything was just outstanding! We hadn't booked dinner but Jon kindly catered for us and what a dinner it was! Both of us were blown away by the taste and quality of the food, the friendly service and the amount of variety on the menu. The breakfast was also incredible (the nicest omelette ever!!)
We loved everything about this place and have already recommended it to a lot of people. Thanks so much for a fabulous stay. We'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: Jon gave us a little tour of most of the rooms and they all look amazing! The suite we stayed in was gorgeous though!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FBMAB W
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here on 10th & 11th May for our wedding anniversary. Paid extra for seaview room which turned out to be the Mayan themed room. What a disappointment -so small it was claustrophobic but it did have a great view. Big heavy furniture and no space to move around. No tea & coffee making facilities because they prefer to bring it to you, that's great if you can actually find someone. Did have a nice ensuite but the air freshner in there made the most dreadful noise.
Dinner is not for the feint hearted and definitely not for us. Seriously overpriced. I will try anything but the food was so over spiced with too many different flavours that I did not know what type of meat I was eating. Had the fish chowder for starters and it was awful, the fish got lost somewhere in all the spices.
Breakfast was safe enough but we did not bother having it on our second morning because we just wanted to leave. Overall I did not like the experience and I would not recommend it and definitely will not be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid the Mayan room if you do not like confined spaces
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple