This historic town is well frequented by persons from Bogata and is quite unique. The roads are made of HUGH stone bricklike pieces and both walking and traffic slow down as a result; nice overall, but bring good shoes. The hotel is 'fancy' and likely expensive for even middle class Columbians. It is on at least 4 levels rising up the mountainside with older 'convent like rooms' which do not justify the price for sure, given the location far out in the countryside. Sparse bedding, sparse bathrooms and certainly the doors are anything but soundproof. But it is very busy and well regarded since options are limited for any average+ hotel. The grounds are well maintained, security gate, pool for kids etc; so it has what one needs. For this area, for north americans, it lacks value, but it is probable that it is good value all things considered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hospedería Duruelo is located in Villa de Leyva becomes the perfect destiny to rest, to share and to know tourist sites with your family and in pair, to realize enterprise conventions and meetings successfully. Currently Hospedería Duruelo has only 93 rooms surrounded by beautiful gardens, 5 halls and 6 rooms for meeting of your convention or your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hospederia Duruelo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hospederia Duruelo Hotel Villa De Leyva
- Hospederia Duruelo Boyaca