“Not as nice as the pics portray!!”
Review of Lemon Grove Hotel

Lemon Grove Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Kavos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed here in July 2013, the hotel is situated right at the start of the strip but far enough away to not hear any noise from it...the same can not be said for the hotel itself though....yeah no-one goes to kavos to sleep granted but the noise level in this hotel is out of this world, doors slamming or being banged off their hinges by those trying to get into their rooms when locked out, over grown kids sliding up n down the corridors (which echo like mad) on lilos, arguments going on at all hours & with the walls being so thin in all rooms you feel as if your in the same room or may aswell be!
The rooms themselves are very basic, the room we had was one of the b&b rooms so had nothing in the way of a fridge or cooking rings, the bathroom was ok & of a nice size although the same as most "greek" bathrooms (have seen the same in all other apartments we've stayed in on other greek island hols) the shower is of the hand held variety & the bathroom will flood everytime you use it, there is a drain in the floor (which smells!!) and once 2 or 3 showers have taken place then this results in the soap suds coming back up & out all over the floor. The cleaning staff are lovely & probably the friendliest staff in the whole hotel. Although I did witness one of the beds in our room not having a clean sheet put on but the dirty one just being turned over!!
The pool area....ok, so the pool bar/restaurant that is advertised was not open for the duration of our holiday & hadn't been for some time. There is no music played around the pool, the hotel next door does play music all day which is loud enough for you hear (thankfully) although you'll probably find there is always someone from the apartments who brings their own music out to the pool, which is ok if the music they're playing is of a taste to everyone. There are about 20 sun loungers that are free to use by the pool, the rest you are charged 2 euros for a day.
The air con is 40 euros for the week (highly recommend) & the safe that was in our room cost us 10 euros for the week. I would recommend pointing out any problems/broken equipment in your room to the management as soon as you find it as they have a habit of trying to charge it to you.
Alex & Sam who appear to run the hotel are friendly enough & always check when they see you that everything is ok & you're having a good time...although I do think they could do a little more in the way of keeping an eye on things....people drinking from cans/bottles whilst in the pool, smoking whilst in the pool/on lilos, security at night would maybe have some kind of positive effect to the noise levels during the early hours...having stayed at lots of other "18-30" type apartments in a variety of "party towns" this is by far the worst for noise & inconsiderate behaviour, I am a young 20 something myself who went to Kavos for a good time with plenty of drinking etc but even I was shocked by the way things are run.
The hotel is situated right on the beach, albeit not a very big/nice beach but walking up past the jetty on the right (where the booze cruise goes from) the beach gets much nicer & bigger & is busy all day, with most of the hotels along there playing music loud enough for you to hear whilst on the beach/in the sea...there is also lots of water sports going on with at least 3 different lots the length of the beach all varying in price/offers etc .
Everyone in the shops, restaurants & bars/clubs are awesome & really add to the whole kavos experience. The transfer from the airport is about 1.5hrs which can be a drag, the water park is also about 1.5 hrs away.
All in all we had a fab holiday, although I do think there are probably better hotels to stay in than this one.
Bring on Malia 2014

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We all arrived here as a group of 6girls 4 shared a room at opposite side of hotel which looked like staff quarters basic with balcony and 2 rooms and a small kitchenette 2 shared a room next to pool if u r wanting a party holiday then this is place to stay cleanliness isnt so great but u just peserve with it as iv seen worse great location start of strip and have a local supermarket top of street best place for eating has gotta be big max great value for money yes hotel isn't the greatest but its what u make of it yourself

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My friends booked up for the quayside and I wanted to add on to there holiday yet couldn't get a room spare so only option was lemon grove at first reading the reviews I was getting torched of my friends saying your gonna be sleeping on a lilo it sounds that bad !

... Well I was in for a shock and so were the other girls. I got merged and greeted by the owners Sam and Alex who were lovely shown to the room as stated anything we needed there were only a phone call away. Located phone for them wich is free 5mimutes from checking the room out we gets a knock at the door all my other friends turn up from the quayside , nearly crying :/ were on holiday girls what's up? Well to find out there hotel was hideous/ dirty/ unclean was all that we needed on our first day. Everyday the girls got ready at there hotel and by the time I even got out of bed they were knocking me out as they couldn't stay in there room out hotel room made our holiday we had party's ever night was amazing so friend and I would defiantly go back most of all what made our holiday was the friendly people and also the boys opposite what a holiday to remember ! What's happens in kavos stays in kavos - love from lasses from Sunderland ;) !

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JessieSp3
Reviewed 16 August 2013

booked for 1 week and stayed 3 days , hotel is noisy all night ;long , receptions close at midnight. I've complained to reception on my first night but seems like that they were scared of those people whose making the noise every night up to 7 am. The hotel is close to all the bar and fast food place . The staff of of the hotel tried their best but that wasn't enough. I lost a money in there but after I have found a beautiful island called Marathias, nothing compared to the dirty kavos.

Room Tip: top floor front to the sea
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suka04
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My friend and I landed in Cofu at 10pm in the evening to be informed by a sweaty greek man that we were not staying as Daskalos Apartments (as booked) but we had been moved to Lemon Grove. When we asked the gentleman why, no explanation was given, he just waved a card in my face and said "ring this number tomorrow". After waiting for 1 hour at the airport we eventually got shifted onto our transfer bus which was another terrifying experience of winding roads in the dark with the driver speaking on his mobile the entire way.

Upon arriving at Lemon Grove, we were greeted by the very friendly owner who showed us to our room. We were informed we did not have a room with air con (even thought this is what we had booked) however we ended up paying for a fan for the room (10 Euros). We decided to head out onto the strip and have a few drinks. Upon returning to the room, we were hit by a wave of heat which the 10 Euro fan did little to combat. After a night of very little sleep, we requested to move to a room with Air Con and our request was happily granted. We were shown to our new room to find this one did not have a kitchenette (as booked) however 10 minutes later another Greek man appeared at our door with a big fridge under his arm! He plugged it in and this was our kitchen for the week.

After we settled into this room and came to the realisation we weren't going to get any better we had a great time and embraced the Kavos way of life. The room was cleaned every day by the cleaners, the air con kept the room nice and cool through the day although the lady in the supermarket across the room gave us some advice about not putting the air con on too cold as it can lead to colds/coughs.

The bathroom was probably the worst part of our room as ours looked particularly like a prison cell with a drain in the middle of the floor which tended to back up and let out a rather horrid smell. The toilet seat wouldn't stay put when you sat on it and my friend managed to block it with a rather large poo one day so they had to get the water man out. The shower was "like an old man pi**ing on you" as my friend said and there was barely any hot water.

The pool is a good size, stays in sun all day and for a few Euros you have a sunbed for the week. The hotel has a few computers with internet and a decent pool table however it's a shame that even though we went peak season (August) the hotel bar/restaurant was closed so you had to walk to the shop to get any drink or food through the day.

The location of the hotel is one of its strong points as it is very close to the strip however set about 100m back from the main road so when in bed you don't get kept awake by the music on the strip. However this does not stop you being woke up by inconsiderate neighbours who come back anywhere between 2 and 8 in the morning. I know you don't go to Kavos to sleep but some mornings at 7.30 when we'd only been in bed two hours, being woken up by others trying to bang their door down or sliding on lilos down the coridoor was not the best.

Overall, think you get what you pay for with the Lemon Grove. The saving grace of the hotel is all the staff. The manager, his wife, daughter and even the cleaners were all really friendly and would do anything to help if they could (let me use his loo and printer..on seperate occasions). To say we paid £350 for a week, can't really complain!

Room Tip: Make sure you have air con!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

After reading some reviews on this hotel me and my friends were slightly worried as to what to expect. However upon arrival we were pleased to find that it was a lot better than expected. The hotel is a brilliant location just at the top of the strip and there is two supermarkets next to the hotel, there is also a brilliant restaurant 'big max's' which served the best full English breakfast for only 3 euro.
We had requested a sea view from our room and were pleasantly surprised to find our request had been granted, however this did come at a cost and our room was not as good as some of the other rooms. The room had 7 lights and unfortunately only 4 of ours worked, all the rooms were lit though and we did cope. We did not realize until we got there that the bathroom was more of a shower room and once all 3 of us had showered the entire bathroom was flooded. halfway through the week we had a problem with the shower and it stopped working, that night we had to use our friends shower because we could not find anyone to fix it.
That was the biggest problem with the hotel, it is owned by 2 brothers who are in the middle of some petty quarrel and so have split the hotel into two, though the brothers seemed to hang around in their opposite halves. We could always find the opposite brother who refused to help us and always told us to go and find Alex which seemed impossible, Alex was very friendly and helpful when around but wasn't around enough and the feud between him and his brother was silly and unprofessional.
The pool was definitely the best part of the hotel and at the deepest point was 2.7 metres. there only thing which could have improved the pool side would be music, the hotel next door played some and we could have done with our own. The hotel is on the beach though it has to be the worst part of the beach in the whole of Kavos. However there is a watersports dock just outside the hotel, we went on the crazy sofa and the doughnuts both which were brilliant and worth 15 euro each.
The rooms were cleaned every 2 days and were pretty clean however we managed to get sand everywhere no matter what, regardless of going on the beach that day. The maid was slightly strange as we left some things on our bed and our suitcases at the bottom of the bed and she had switched our things around. This didn't bother is really just confused us.
The nightlife was brilliant and everyone should try a haribo headf*ker from 42nd Street and also a watermelon from TKD's or Rodneys. We managed to do a lot of events whilst we were there and it was a jam packed week of fun. The foam party was good though we inhaled a lot of foam, and the paint party was brilliant though the paint is more like water than actual paint. Everyone should go to the full moon party and my favourite part was when we got to Atlantis and they had fireworks, that really finished off the week. We also went to the waterpark 'Aqualand' which we really enjoyed but many people didnt go to because of the hour and a half transfer time. The BOOZE CRUIZE is brilliant and you get to go to mainland greece which is only 6 miles from Kavos. Bamboo for sunrise is a must and if you don't stay up till 8 at least one night then you haven't done Kavos properly!
I heard of many people taking their kids there on holiday, these people obviously have not done their research as it is not a kids holiday at all and there would be nothing at all to do, if you are reading this and considering bringing children please do not!
I had watched 'what happens in Kavos' previous to going and they have portrayed it so badly, the week i was there i hardly saw anyone having sex or anyone being forced to do anything they didn't want to do, there were no PR's dragging people into clubs and I only saw one fight which was sorted quickly by a bouncer. The only part of the show that was correct were the amount of injuries people seemed to be getting. So many people seemed to have to go to A and E and pay ridiculous amounts of money because they had been stupid and drunk, the biggest piece of advice is to be careful!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

To say that this was pretty much a last minute booking we got exactly what we paid for.

As I said the location is great, its right at the top end of the strip so isn't too noisy, its right near an ATM machine, restaurants and shops. Its also right by the beach, not the best beach in the world but its right next to where you can go on banana boats and pedalos as well as the pier where the Boat Party docks.

The rooms are very basic, only a few have a proper sea view and there isn't much in the way of privacy if you leave your balcony window blind open, each room on the 1st floor has a balcony which is great. In terms of interior, the room I stayed in, room 69 (lol), and the room my other friends stayed in, room 68, were pretty similar but you do end up doing a mix and match style comparison, for example, room 68 had no door handle and their cooker, which was basically a hob which you plug into the wall, was right next to the sink (health and safety right there [although we never used it]) whereas our room didn't have a hold for the shower head so we had to either hold it with one hand or prop it somewhere without water going everywhere.
Each room had 3 beds perfect for collapsing in when royally drunk, not having a nice relaxing power nap. there is a chair inside with a big desk and mirror for all the makeup/man product obsessed people out there. Plugs by every bed and the aircon in a decent position.

To address the lack of bathroom pictures i shall describe what our rooms were like. Door in bottom right, toilet bottom left, shower top left and sink top right all in a quite small and enclosed space. its not the best in any way shape or form, and if your friends do a smelly dump it will linger there for ages.

Words of warning, no wifi, every time i asked the owner seemed scared to talk about it saying "i'll talk to my boss" something did seem a bit odd. another thing is that the safety deposit boxes are inside the office and after 12am the office is shut, apparently there is a security guard after 12 who would let you in but we never saw anyone. there are 2 computers in the office and sun care products and volleyballs for sale outside as well.
The pool isn't bollock shrinkingly cold in fact it was quite a cool temperature as is the sea. the sunbeds aren't too comfy on their own but with a towel they are fine and there are plenty around but you do have to pay, thankfully Spiros the owner does mates rates and you pay 10 euros for a week of sunbeds which is not bad really.

Negative experiences were the electricity in my room and others went out and wasn't fixed quickly, it took about an hour or two for somebody to show up, my friends air con broke one day, and then we had no water for a bit.

This hotel is what you'd expect for a lads holiday, girls you may want to ask for a different block but its not too bad. Great location just not the best services.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms, middle block
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Mediterranean Blue Resort
#8 of 63 in Kavos
Chandris Apartments
Chandris Apartments
#7 of 63 in Kavos

Been to Lemon Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!