We stayed here for our first lads holiday, and was ace!
The room is basic to say the least, but we didn't really spend much time in there. We only had hot water for the first few days, then its was freezing for the last 4, but we just used the kettle to get hot water instead. No towels or toiletries were provided so you'll have to take your own. The beds were average, but when you've been out on the night you won't even care. We paid 25 euros each for air con, safe and sunbeds, but we found that other people paid different prices to us, some paid 35 and others paid 15, so not sure what happened there. The cleaners come in every few days to clean your room, but hardly do anything, they didn't even clean the sheets, the only thing they did do was empty the bins, which is good because you're not allowed to flush the toilet roll. But there is a toilet in the middle of the hotel what you can use if you don't want to us your own.
On the night, the hotel is generally quite and out of the way of the strip. But not only a minute walk to the bottom of it. There was only once when I was kept up on the night but was only because of these lads trying to impress these girls who were staying below us. But apart from that you can get a decent nights sleep.
The pool is kept in good condition, and we spent a lot of our time through the day relaxing around the pool. There is really much else to do there though, there is a pool table but doesn't really pass the time. There is a water sport event, that is on the beach right next to the hotel, that offer loads of stuff that you can do through the day. The beach doesn't look that good in front of the hotel, but the further you go up, the better the quality of the beach becomes. There is a sports bar called scorers, what is only a couple minutes walk from the hotel, and they put on anything you ask for, we went in twice and asked them to put rugby on and they offered to put it on the projector for us.
The hotel didn't provide any food that we knew of, and there was only a kettle (what didn't look in the best of conditions) and a stove what didn't work in our room, so we were forced to eat out. There was a cafe at the top of the hotel what did a deal what was a starter, main course and any 2 drinks for 9.50 what we had pretty much everyday, the food there was as good as the food offered at home. There are plenty of other places to go and eat but we only went there because it was the closest and it had WiFi.
When we got there we was greeted by a rep and they welcomed us, and offered us tickets for the foam/paint parties, and everything else that was happening around Kavos. But the prices they offered were expensive, about 30/40 euros per event, they were worth it but they I am sure you would be able to get them cheaper on the internet before you go. I'd try and go to all the events if you can, they last a few hours each and there is plenty of time after to go out after and explore the strip. The reps were pretty nice, but only because they tried to drag you on bar crawls at 10, when the strip was near empty. We stayed at each bar for about an hour and only went to a couple so wasn't that interesting, but was decent because you met people from yours and other hotels.
The strip on the night is awesome, the place where we mainly went was called buzz, it is opposite another bar called snobs (I think), it was packed all the time. It closes about 4ish, but there are a couple of bars open next to the beach that are open until about 7. We went to rolling stone once but my mate came along this female who he didn't want to see again so we didn't fully experience it.
- You will see some gypsies on the night on the strip, just stay away from them and ignore them and you they will walk past you
- Through the day, there are some black people that come around your hotel pool trying to sell you stuff, just do the same thing.
- You are bound to see some stray cats, but they are harmless, and won't come near you.
- I wouldn't bother going out on the strip until after 12, unless your'e going to a party or tagging along with a bar crawl because there will hardly be anybody about.
- Don't insult the people that try and drag you into bars, they pester you until you pass the bar and they enjoy some banter, but don't take it too far because they get pissed real quick!
- Don't cause too much trouble in the hotel on the night because they is always some staff walking about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach location perfect for those lazy days and crazy nights. Well kept property and very friendly staff. 3 mins walk to the start of Kavos and its crazy night life high season. Suitable for all ages, but very much a youth programme July/August. English Staff, on site office, exchange,safety box, internet access, bar, Sky TV, restaurant, watersports high season. All room have air conditioning (payable locally). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lemon Grove Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Grove Hotel Kavos, Corfu