“All about the Agnes!!!”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Kavos
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“All about the Agnes!!!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived on the 30th of August late at 3am and was showed to reception and given our 2 rooms in the Odysseus hotel, although we were not in the main bit of the hotel but was across the road on the top floor! This part of the Odysseus is properbly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. There was no balcony and as 5 girls staying together we expected a balcony. The rooms were ok but was never cleaned in the week we were there and the bathroom was awful! If we wanted to go to the pool we needed to walk across the Main Street to get there. Also for half the holiday we didn't have hot water, also we needed to wash our hair in the sink as the water out of the shower was yellow and smelt like copper!!! I wouldn't recommend using the Odysseus pool we were told we couldn't use the Agnes pool but we ignored this and went across anyway and this was the best decision we made! The Agnes pool and batman were both great and honestly made our holiday. Also be aware you only get 1 toilet roll per room for your stay so you will be required to buy more. I honestly would return to kavos but never to the Odysseus and Agnes unless I was assured we were staying in the Agnes part of the hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank lauramellars93

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed at Agnes apartments for a week from the 28/08/13! The hotel is spot on, right on the beach, spiros the barman is top notch, the music is a bit repetitive each day. The hotel is at the top of the kavos strip, very lively at night! I would recommend this hotel but air con is a rip off at 47€ for the week but it is needed unless you leave your door open and your fridge door open, bye bye cya cya chow chow

Room Tip: The only thing that I'm guilty of is making you rock with me!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oliver L
chester
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Booked 3 days before we arrived, were a bit apprehensive but have to say that we had a fantastic 2 weeks.
The complex is at the quiet end of the strip and has the Odysseus at the top and Agnes at the beach end.
We stayed at Agnes with basic but comfortable studio, very clean with the maids coming every day but one.We opted for the aircon which cost e90 and is a must.
The pool and bar are excellent with great food prepared by Magda and served by the legend that is Spiros who must be up to the 15th best barman by now ! a shout out also to Illios the other barman. The owners seriously need to put WIFI in as at least 3 of us had to go elsewhere to get online thus loosing money! It is an hour from the airport and Corfu town which is well worth a visit 9 euro return on the bus .The closest taverna the Roussos is just a 2 minute walk along the beach, the staff and owner are very nice and the food excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have a balcony on the ground floor you sit outside you font door without m...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cretanreturns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at the Odysseus but would rather have stayed at the Agnes apartments. Stayed by the Agnes pool each day, had a nice selection of music played by Spiros, who was very welcoming & who very funny! Also throws a very good greek bbq! Really nice and chilled out area and right on the beach too! Had a fab time due to the Agnes area! :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Aishalacy92
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not a bad place to stay if used as a base to get around.The staff are all very friendly especially Spiros the barman.Basic but comfortable rooms. It can and does get noisy with rave music from the hotel next door competing with the rave music at the pool into the night.However it was turned down on request and we were lucky to have some peaceful nights there.Some of the 'guests' were loud and boorish,banging on doors and generally being obnoxious...young brits behaving badly.
Having said that it is a good base to explore around the area and the great majority of the other residents were friendly.Easy access to the beach (which could do with a clean.Broken bottles etc.but not Agnes' fault).
Take strong insect repellent as the air is thick with stinging insects as is all over the Med area at this time of year!
Enjoyed staying there on the whole.No frills,it was cheap and reasonably cheerful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here in early July with 3 other girls. The hotel is in the perfect location on the beach front at the end of the strip. We were in the Odysseus building in a two bedroomed apartment (room 15) which had two twin bedrooms, a kitchen and bathroom. The room and balcony were both huge and so much better then we expected. There were two pools we preferred the Agnes pool because it was on the beach. The food round the pool was lovely and really cheap.

The Thomson reps sold us tickets to the paint party, frat party and full moon party. The paint party was brilliant and one of the best nights the other two weren't worth the money. The reps put pressure on you to decide what tickets to buy straight away, they also didn't deliver all of our tickets to our room so during the day of one of the events we had to go looking for them and couldn't find them which was annoying.

Kavos itself is brilliant hightlights were Rolling Stones Bar, Drunken Squid restaurant, Buzz Bar and Maria's karaoke bar. Everywhere on the strip does 2 drinks for 5 euros with free shots. We also went on Kavos Cruises booze cruise which was brilliant and probably the highlight of the holiday.

I would definitely return to Kavos and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We arrived and were VERY confused. We got dropped off outside a shop and thought they'd made a mistake. But we went inside and realised - we were in the right place. You go through the shop and theres a path leading through to the pool and the apartments.
We were actually quite impressed with our apartments considering we'd paid £350 package for peak season. We had a 3 bedroom apartment, each room was HUGE and all had balconies. Two bathrooms between 5.
If you go in August... for gods sake - get aircon!! It costs about 49euro per room (this is reduced the more rooms you buy aircon for). Rooms were cleaned twice in a week? Heard a few people say they'd had money go missing off dressers so I'd be wary. Although I left my phone, passport, camera and money around and the cleaners even tucked them away in my bag for me?
The pool bar... I had an issue with - I was served an undercooked chicken burger... never a good thing! The women was very apologetic and even refunded some of the money. My other issue was I wasn't feeling too good to walked home alone (big mistake) and was confronted with 3 men blocking my way out of the shop to the apartments. They started wolf whistling and shouting at me in greek, pointing down my top, staring at my (rather flat) chest, so I got past them and all THREE of them followed me (it was the barman, a guy at reception and some other bloke). At this point, I started running, to my surprise - SO DID THEY. I locked the door and that was the last I saw or heard of them for the rest of the holiday.
We stayed in the Odysseus part of the hotel. If you go to their pool - the musics so loud I took to wearing ear plugs and its super crowded and they come hounding you for money for the sunbeds. So we went around the corner to the Agnes pool - WAAAAY better, its right on the beach, pool is way nicer, much quieter, music is bearable (although repetitive) and they also never ask for sunbed money.
If you're going for a party holiday - go here. It's right on the end of the strip - at night time you can hear no music at all, it's quiet. It's only a short walk to all the bars and clubs. Some of the other hotels had horrendous walks up hills or were in the middle of all the noise. This one I'd say has the best location. I would have rated this 4* if the chicken burger and pervy staff hadn't been an issue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends