“Great mini break”

Island Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 12 Kavos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel seemed to have really bad reviews but we had a great experience. The room (in the hotel complex) was clean and had everything we needed and the pool, beach, bar etc was really well maintained.
There is a rather noisy aspect to staying in this hotel which is one of the biggest Kavos nights is situated in the hotel and goes off from 3- 8am....its possible to sleep through but not ideal.
The hotel is right on the strip and has everything you could need- although not the mostly authentic 'greek' holiday, we had a really fun time and would recommend it!

Room Tip: Main hotel sounds like its the best place to be.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Filios P, Manager at Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

it's great to hear you had a good holiday and a positive experience. Kavos is a party town and The Island Beach Resort is central to this, as we host, as stated, the biggest club nights in Kavos, during the high season. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I first visited Corfu at the beginning of June 2014 with my girlfriend was very nice.
We have stayed at the Island Hotel in Kavos. I can say it was nothing arranged suppose them very late summer start. There was organized a party in the beach resort, breakfast has not changed for a week, instead the staff was very nice, friendly, I appreciate it.
I recommend to visit the island in July and August when it is warmer, do not expect to be cold and raining in June))

Room Tip: choose o room with cooker )
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eugen I
Filios P, Manager at Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad the staff are continuing in 2014, the level of service we pride ourselves on. We do have a choice of breakfast for our guests, should they wish, but as this guest had paid for full breakfast, that is what was served. However, it is never a problem should a guest wish to change the type of breakfast they would like.
I'm afraid we cannot control the weather and this year, late may and early June was unseasonably wet for us in Corfu.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am rating this hotel as Very Good, because I am basing it on the first experience.

I visited Corfu in August/September last year, just as Kavos was getting quiet. I was staying in Benitses, however wanted to spend a night in Kavos. Me and my boyfriend booked one night at the Island Beach Resort in advance, costing us £11. We arrived and were upgraded (for free) to a nicer room, which was gorgeous! Comfy beds, big windows, cooking space and a fridge and a nice bathroom with a big shower. The pool is also lovely, with big comfy sun-beds, and the beach opposite (although the beach not very clean)
We loved our night and asked at reception if we could book another room for 2 days time. They said it would be 20 euros for a room, to which we agreed. When we arrived on the day, we were taken by the lady at reception to a smaller "hotel" (if you could call it that!) down the road, which seemed like a couple of little apartments. Now if I was on a girls holiday to purely experience Kavos, I wouldn't have minded. But in a small room with NO air con (disgustingly hot in the room) NO light in the bathroom, a flush that didn't work, a broken fridge and just dirt everywhere - I absolutely hated every minute. We didn't complain as we were only there for one night and didn't want to make a fuss. Just seemed such a shame that we payed more for this room than we did pre-booking the lovely one before.

I am not 100% sure how closely linked Island Beach Resort is with this other little "apartment" style place they took us to.. but I would double check and ask where you would be staying!!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma A
Filios P, Manager at Island Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

I'm a little confused at the rate you paid for August for one night, as this rate was not available, even for the 2* rooms. I'm assuming it was some special rate provided by one of the agencies we use. Whenever we can, we will upgrade if there is availability, and in this case, we obviously had room in the main building and I'm happy we were able to ensure you had a great stay with us. When you booked the 2nd time - I am sure the reception will have explained that there was not any availability in the main building, which is why you were offered a room in the Annex. I am sorry that this room did not meet the level of customer service which we pride ourselves on here at Island Beach Resort, but unless you voice your complaints to us straight away, we cannot help you. Thank you for taking the time to post and thank you allowing your first experience to overshadow your second.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I went with my best friend to Kavos for a week in September, it was end of season so not overly busy.
we stayed in the 4* room right next to the pool
it was average, not the cleanest place i've ever stayed, but you spend more time by the pool or on the beach or on day trips anyway.
We had our towels and sheets changed twice during the week.

The noise at night comes from the strip which is a 2 minutewalk away (max!) and the poolside entertainment, which goes from 8am - 11pm roughly.
the staff were really nice and helpful.
we spent most evenings outside our front door where there was a little table and two chairs, where we could have a few drinks before we went out.

Overall, a really great holiday with plenty to see and do, and lovely people!

Room Tip: Stay in the 4* if you can, as i cant imagine the 2* party rooms will be nice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Louise R

I'm happy to hear that our staff are meeting the level of customer service which we pride ourselves on and that the relaxed atmosphere helped to make your holiday more enjoyable.
It is standard to have sheets and towels changed twice during a week and some hotels only change them once. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Went to island beach in june/July arrived at the hotel looked very nice then they took us to our rooms, they said we would be staying in the annex which we where told when booking that it was next to the hotel. Turns out that our rooms where half way down the strip about quarter of a mile from the actual hotel! We booked 3, three man rooms. Then we arrived at the annex and they told us we had to stay in one 4 man room and another 5 man room in completely different apartments. I then opened the door to our 5 man room to find pot noodles, beer bottles, full bins, dirty bed sheets, dirty towels and fag buts on the floor we then had to wait a hour for them to clean our room. Whilst we waited I went down to another hotels pool, when I came back up I put my towel on the balcony to dry. I then went back out to get the towel only to find the maid had taken it as one of hers, i then told the manager about this she did nothing, I then took one of their towels to use as I did not have one only to receive a bill for loosing one of there towels. As a group of teenagers we aren't too fussy. We didn't complain because we wanted to enjoy our holiday, overall Kavos was great but the hotel did disappoint after hearing good things about them.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank dlew2080

Check in is at from 2pm standard time, throughout the world. As this group arrived earlier, we took them to the their rooms, allowing them to off load their luggage and explaining the cleaner was still cleaning them - which didn't seem to be a problem at the time. The rooms are down the strip a short walk - we do not have any Annex rooms a quarter of a mile away from the Main Building, these rooms are approx 500 meters from the main building. I'm unsure why this guests say 'we were told' they were in an annex room, as their booking quite clearly states 'Annex Room' and its is clear that these rooms are located around Kavos, but with access to all the facilities of the main building. We upgraded this groups rooms from std 3 man rooms, to actual apartments, which have separate bedrooms and kitchens with dining area, so I apologise if this group would have preferred, the smaller rooms. In any case, if the boys would have voiced their complaint whilst still in resort, we could have tried to resolve the issue with no problem. It is unclear who the poster reported the towel theft to, as the manager of the hotel is male. Any reports of this nature are dealt with immediately and usually resolved very quickly. Thanks for taking the time to post. I would say in future, if you have a problem with your accommodation, report it to reception whilst you are still in resort so it can be dealt with straight away and you can enjoy your holiday to the max.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I went on a crazy week away last year with my mates after Uni exams and it was the perfect place to unwind! Had a sick time will definitely be returning this year.... Hotel was central to everything we needed - beach and strip with a great bar and restaurant within. The staff made it such a laugh and the rooms were great to run in and change as we didn't really do much sleeping! Wicked all round.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we aim to provide and I am happy to hear the staff at Island Beach Resort delivered, once again. Thanks for posting.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were there out of season and we got a promotion with a very good price. The rooms are new, place was clean, the swimming pool, the bar and the close beach is an added value for sure. I recomend the place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Antonio M

Thank you for taking the time to post - its great to hear we are delivering to the standards we set ourselves.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Morfeas Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kavos
Olympion Village
Olympion Village
#2 of 63 in Kavos

Been to Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!