“A lot better than expected after reading bad reviews!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Beach Resort

Island Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 13 Kavos B&B and Inns
Northampton
“A lot better than expected after reading bad reviews!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I'm going to start by saying, your going to Kavos so don't expect luxury!!! Me and 2 girl friends have just got back from 7 night stay at island beach. We had the best time ever! We were in an annex room (which we expected) but they aren't as bad as everyone makes out. Yes they are basic, but what do you expect in Kavos?!? Our room was cleaned and fresh towels and bed sheets twice! The pool and beach area are lush, free wifi and wicked music all day. Would recommend paying for air con, we tried one night without and couldn't breath!! Especially as girls all trying to get ready with hair dryers and straighteners on the go.
But overall I had such a good holiday, our room was in perfect location, right on the beach, 2 mins from strip and 4 mins from main hotel pool. Would stay here again if going on a girls holiday. Not as bad as everyone makes out!!!!! P.s JC's and Rolling Stones were our favourite clubs! And TKD's, The Steak house and the Chinese were all lovely restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chlo-maem
Filios P, Manager at Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Great to hear you enjoyed your holiday with us and had a positive experience! thank you for posting

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We arrived. There was one person on reception trying (and failing) to sort out about 8 groups of people. We were then told there was a mix up (an hour and a half later) and that we were in seperate buildings. One of which I later found out was a party hard building even though we had paid for 'superior'. After some hassle we had two rooms one up one down. What can I say. The rooms were boxes and without aircon (45 a week) the room was an absolute sweat box. The bathroom door was hanging off the hinges. Stained sheets. Balcony door was broken. Tap in 'kitchen' was broken. The main pool is opaque with all the chemicals they put in there. Also they advertise that they give you free tickets to acts i.e. route 94 etc. It's a con. 9/10 the acts never show up. Also I know at least 2 rooms that claim money was stolen and I'm suspect that some was taken from me as well. On a final note, if you have booked this hotel, do not attend the pool games and BBQ. Waste of 12 Euros. I hate big dogs, and I had 2 of them ruining my small BBQ meal by jumping on the table trying to grab food, the whole time, despite me telling the owners, and it being very very obvious that they werent appropriate around people eating. All in all just book somewhere else please. I don't like writing bad reviews, but this hotel does not run.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Vaki1993
It is very challenging to check in huge groups of people all at the same time during high season, but the reception staff usually do this very proficiently. I am sorry if this guest felt the waiting time was unduly long. The rooms do get very hot in summer, which is why air con is available. Any damages from the previous guests, which have been missed by the cleaner are dealt with immediately when reported to reception. All linen and towels are changed during the week and if this does not happen, reception are happy to rectify this. We have had a couple of acts over the summer not show up for varying reasons, however this has not spoiled the enjoyment of 99.9% of our guests. Our pool party is one of the most popular events, with 100 - 150 people attending during the high season. I am unaware of any dogs 'jumping' up tables for food as the hotel is aware some people are not dog/animal lovers, and so we usually feed the stray dogs away from the guests. thank you for posting.

Travellers are raving about these Kavos hotels

Nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Do not stay at this hotel or book with them they advertise that your staying in this 5star plush hotel when really your staying up a ally way full of vomit and cats, with no working kitchen area no towels or toilet paper and no utensils to cook with! It's disgusting!! The lights didn't work either! When we complained to the owner he just laughed it off! The reception staff are a joke rude and non helpful! Don't book any excursions either they rip you off!! WORST HOTEL IVE EVER STAYED IN!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Cocoxxoo
Our website is very clear regarding the category of rooms. This is clearly a case of a guest having booked with an agency and thinking they are staying in the main building. Unfortunately we cannot control the cats in the area and also if visitors to the Island are unwell in the street. All of the self catering rooms are fully equipped and should anything be missing form the previous guests, as happens from time to time, the reception staff are more than happy to arrange replacements, and they will call the handy man if a bulb blows. I'm sorry this guest feels the staff were not up to the standard of customer service we pride our selves on at Island Beach. Thanks for posting.
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We booked an annex at Island beach. When arriving we were kept waiting to book in for over an hour. Once booked in the hotel worker told us our room wasn't inside the hotel and that we had to wait for a taxi. We were shocked as we expected to be on site of the 'resort'. We then waited a further hour to be taken to our annex. After getting a 5 minute journey down the strip in a taxi we were then told we were staying in a different hotel, Quayside. Quayside was a lovely hotel and couldn't fault it. We were told we could still use island beach facilities which we didn't as it was a 10 minute walk for our new hotel. We payed for self catering and were given a room only room. When asking to speak to a manager at IBR the rep was rude and didn't see what our problem was, after minutes of conversing the rep finally got someone higher up. This lady was pleasant and said she would look into moving us. We had no reply and nothing was done about this matter. I would not advise staying in Island beach they didn't resolve our problem. We didn't let this hotel ruin our holiday and would suggest you look somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Aimeerebeccas
During high season it is very difficult to take people to their rooms immediately, especially when arriving altogether. The property is located a 1min taxi journey along the strip, provided by the hotel, for the comfort of our guests. I am sorry this guest felt our customer service was not up to the high standard we expect if the staff. thanks for posting.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friend and I have arrived at the hotel and was told we had to wait 2 hours for our rooms to be ready...staff took our passports without telling us why! staff left our passports on the desk where anyone can take it! went to our room and it smelt like animals had died in there! cupboards were full of cobwebs..fridge took forever to get cold..no shower holder and the bathroom floor were filthy! told the staff every day but no one took notice!rooms werent cleaned everyday nor bed sheets and towels changed as we were told they would be! never ever again coming back to this hotel!

Room Tip: dont come here! flithy and disgusting hotel!
2 Thank msUnique07
Filios P, Manager at Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Check in is at 2pm, and is standard in all hotels across the Island. If guests arrive early, we try to prioritise their room to be cleaned after the last guests check out. All rooms are cleaned every day, providing the cleaners are allowed access to the rooms, which is not always the case. Passports are retained for security on the rooms, as explained previously, there is a high instance of damage to property in Kavos. Thanks for posting.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

When we arrived we were shocked to find being shown to our room across the other side of the strip and down the road it was falsely advertised as an annex is meant to join the main hotel. our room had no hot water for a whole day, all staff were very rude and careless a little politeness would have made all the difference. The shower Is very small and you have to hold it to shower there is no shower curtain so the floor becomes a hazard, we were only allowed 1 toilet roll per day and new towels every 3 days which we didn't even get, self catering utensils were useless and unclean. When we got there the fridge has been defrosted and the water all over the floor so we mopped it up, the safe was located in the reception across the road which was a pain an was 15 euros for the 5 days. However there was free wifi in the main hotel, lovely pool, cheap food and drink and the main hotel is located on the beach.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the actual island beach and not the annex!!
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank sophie p
Filios P, Manager at Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
I am a little confused as to where this guest stayed as it is mentioned that they were shown to a room 'down the road' and across the strip, but then says it was 'across the road' All of our annex buildings are located around the resort of Kavos and we are very clear about this on our website. As the main building is very central and the majority of the Annex buildings are within a few minutes walk, our guests usually find the Safety Deposit boxes very convenient. I'm sorry to hear our staff did not meet the level of customer service we try to achieve in this case, but more details on this would have been appreciated in order for me investigate fully. It is quite usual in Corfu not to have a shower curtain, but we are constantly upgrading the rooms and now most of them do have them. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the facilities of the main building whilst you were here. Thank you for taking the time to post
Letchworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I arrived on Thursday at 2:30pm, they did not have the key to my room it was lost and so I had to wait until 5:30pm. My friends weren't arriving till around 7pm, so I had to hang around alone! You have to hand in your passport for no reason as they do not say and it is kept in a cupboard at reception no lock on at all!! While I was waiting 3 guys passports had been missed placed and weren't found until later that afternoon! The room was on the main strip not actually in the hotel which I didn't know. It was DISGUSTING! Mosquitoes squashed all over the walls, bed sheets were not properly clean, room was tiny and the towels were awful! Not to mention the bathroom!!! My toilet would leak, you could not shower without the whole of the floor getting wet it was stupidly small in there! The air con is 63 euros for the week! The staff were so rude, there is a young girl who works there who is useless, knows absolutely nothing and is no help at all. I had bed and breakfast, they didn't give me any information about where breakfast is I had to ask and only then did she give me a wrist band. We went to brekkie the next day and they said there is no breakfast included and so we had to eat breakfast out!!! Don't get me wrong I know its in Kavos and didn't expect anything special but this was absolutely horrendous. I cannot stress who awful it was! It is no where near as nice at was it looks in the website. Do not waste your money on this place!!

Room Tip: Do not book here Take your own bath towels if you do Do not waste money buying air con its ridicul...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Leanne G
From time to time, the previous occupants will lose the room key on the last night and so we obviously have to have a new one cut. On some of doors, this means replacing the whole lock for security reasons, as happened in this case. Whilst we try to meet the needs of all of our guests, we cannot provide a chaperone service for any of guests travelling alone, however, the staff and the rest of the guests are usually very friendly around the pool and bar area, and are very welcoming. As I have previously stated, the passports are kept security behind reception as room security, and is manned 24hrs a day. All lt he linen is changed ready for our new arrivals and is clean and fresh. We do not provide beach towels i'm afraid, but towels for showering are provided, free of charge. Air Con is 45euro per week or 7 euro per day, so I am puzzled as to why this guest paid 63. Not all of our guests book B&B so with 700-800 guests a week, I think the staff can be forgiven in this instance for not knowing this guest had booked breakfast. The reception checks the booking and if breakfast has been ordered by the tour operator, then a wristband is issued, for the week. Thank you for taking the time to post.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Morfeas Hotel
Koulouris Beach Hotel
Yianetta
Yianetta
#108 of 415 in Corfu

Been to Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!