“Good, Cheap, Quiet!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kavos
Kalimera Studios & Rooms
Ranked #41 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Kavos
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good, Cheap, Quiet!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked this online, and I could barely find a single review/picture of the hotel! We were extremely worried that the inbetweeners movie was going to be us, but obviously it wasn't! We were taken to our room by the rep, who proceeded to try and sell us the excursions for £190, obviously we didn't book them all, but as this was our first holiday we decided to spend £75 on 2 of them, one of which was pointless but only because I was so drunk I went home within 10 minutes lol!

We paid extra for a larger room, so we had a kitchenette, which included a fridge, a kettle, a sink, plates/forks etc, and a hob, but the rep warned us not to use the hob so technically we didn't have a hob lol!

The beds were like bricks, but by the second night we were that drunk that it didn't even matter! The shower is hand held, and the bathroom was constantly flooded, so don't leave your clothes on the floor! As you probably know, you can't flush the toilet roll, and the toilet roll is NOT provided so do bring some in your case!!!

You can purchase the safe in the super market for £10 downstairs, which I will highly recommend purchasing as you will end up with so many random people in your room, even if you say you won't lol! and air con is £40 for the week, but once you've been there for a few days it makes no difference for air con, which we didn't bother buying.

Our balcony was huge, but this was because we had a double room! And you can smoke in the hotel, no one cares!

There are 2 parts to the hotel, we were in the block with no pool, but it didn't really matter because the other block is literally across the road so it's not that far at all!

The hotel bar next to the pool sells food, and drink, but you can't bring in food and drink because the supermarket owned by the hotel charge like 50 cents cheaper for everything so they have ago at you haha!

Make sure you bring bite cream and stuff because you will get bit! My cousin had to get an injection because she had an allergic reaction, but there are medical centres everywhere, you could see one from our balcony, and my cousin went to the famous kavos emergencies and saw the man from the telly!!!

The cleaner wasn't very nice, she kept shouting at us because we kept having parties in our room and making loads of mess, eventually she just said she wasn't cleaning our room again and that was the end of that hassle!

The hotel is actually really quiet, it is literally on the strip but its 1 minute walk from most of the loud bars so you can actually get some sleep! TKD Rodneys is across the road so go and get a melon!!!!

The hotel does have a weird smell, of toilet, but you get over that after the first day!!!

Basically this place is very average, but I feel like our room was actually better than we paid for! We met every single person in the hotel and had a fantastic time!

Room Tip: book a double room!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sophie C

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Where do i start.. firstly we got to our room and it was nothing like described to us previously, we didn't even have a kettle or hobs! There was no communication from the owners and they was unbelievably rude! Leading to me, my friend and 3 lads been unfairly kicked out for a small misunderstanding, even though we tried to sort it out.The pool bar smelt so bad like rotten eggs so we stayed away as much as we could have, but we had to meet our reps there a few nights for events.. onto the subject of the reps, don't get me wrong they were lovely, but its like they pressure you into buying all the events as you are not allowed time to think about what you want to do, i understand this is their job but it is a lot of money just to part with within 10 minutes of been there. They were also a bit unreliable as they didn't turn up to meet us one night, leading to us doing our own thing.. All in all I would never go to this hotel again and I'd advise anyone else to spend a little bit more money for a far better experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kavos hotels

Reviewed 14 August 2013

After staying here with my girls as part of the 18-30's holidays this hotel is quite nice, when you arrive though make sure you look to see if anything is not working as girls in another room had their air con broke by previous guests and were sweltering hot at night, the staff are nice and the poolside bar was really cheap compared to bars on the strip so good for pre drinks, the pool was cleaned and the loungers were cleaned every morning, great fun! X

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kap4parker
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Me and a friend stayed here in july 2013, compared to other club 18-30 hotels this one is very good. Rooms are basic but adequate. Take a bath towel though as they are not provided. Also you have to buy your own toilet roll. It is based at the end of the strip in kavos, so its a good location as its out of the way of all the clubs but you only have to walk two minutes and your on the strip. One thing that was annoying was between 5am-7am people were returning from their nights out and were very noisy, banging on doors, shouting etc. but generally it is a good hotel, i would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Emily J
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Located down one end of the strip, only 100m walk to the nightlife (but the famous Rodneys Bar was literally next door - brilliant!) you could easily get a good nights sleep when needed!

Pool area and pool bar were immaculately clean and well presented. Pool even came with lilos and balls etc! Food here is lovely and cheap e.g. 2euros for a toastie so would def recommend hotel based on here!

As we were situated in a building down the road (as we were in a room without a kitchenette) we had our own private block where you could make as much noise as possible! Air conditioning was not needed at all despite our first thoughts! just keeping the balcony doors open a tad was enough! there is the chance to hire a safe for 10euros for a week which is located in your room! well worth doing i'd say.

Bathrooms are just like any other 2* cheap accommodation you've seen. Bathroom will flood when using the shower but it wasn't a big issue! Our bathroom light didn't work and our toilet was continuously flushing for a couple of days but this didn't bother us!

Mirror was a bit low so tall people watch out!

Beds were comfy, but I wouldn't say clean. Yes they are to start with but every time the maids had been in we had noticed that the curry sauce or make up stains had simply moved to a different side! quite funny at the time. Also, the plug sockets were exposed and falling all the wall but we just made sure everything was unplugged before we left and it was okay!

Would def recommend this hotel if you're on a clubbing holiday! Location is brilliant and rooms are just what you need!

Room Tip: Don't bother with paying for an apartment (kitchen, hob, plates etc) if you are gonna eat out ev...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sarah20726
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I've just recently came back from kavos with my mum and a friend (I know my mum but we weren't aware we were traveling with club 18-30) overall my experience was good with the apartments it is very clean has a very friendly service and the staff are just lovely! The pool area during the day is more quiet than the other pool areas of a club 18-30 which I was happy about because I was there with my mum. The apartments only have 8 rooms so the pool area is relavitively quiet during the day although I'm not sure if it's because most people have been partying till 8 in the morning and do not want to face sunlight. The hotel also has a bar and food service but of course you need to pay for that because your self catering however it is so cheap and the food is great toastes were like 2 euros each an were very filling. The only thing id look out for is the wasps but it's gonna be the same wherever you go in kavos there's wasps EVERYWHERE! Overall I really enjoyed these apartments they were a more calmer approach to 18-30 than I thought! They also gave us a bottle of ozo when we were leaving because we were on our best behaviour and they didn't have any problems from us !!!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Boyineyx
London
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I went to kavos for a typical 18-30 holiday with my grilfriends. and that's exactly what we got at the kamlimera siuated about 2 minutes away frolm the main nightlife, it's perfect if you're going to be out until the early hours of the morning, if you want sleep DO NOT come here. Teenagers like myself up till 8 morning, no-one really stopped us.
The people who run the hotel were very helpful wen we lost our key and spoke perfect english. the rooms were cleaned every 2 days which was all that was needed, however it did bother me that the maid didnt wear gloves and as u may know in greece they do not flush loo roll and she emptied our bins.....bit strange.
there is no befreakfast food service as part of the apts, but u really don't need them as the local food is very cheap and literally round the corner, you can walk everywhere u need to. The area in the opposite direction is beautiful aswell, you get a reall mix of the greek nightlife and countryside!

One more thing about the sound, one night wen me and my friends did decide to stay in because we were ill we didnt get any sleep this is mostly due to the fact that everyone who goes there is 18 30, but all in all a wonderful time for wat we nbeeeded.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends