“Not for families” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kavos Plaza

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kavos
Kavos Plaza
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kavos
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Not for families”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, the staff very helpful and the food very good with a comprehensive menu. Very little was off Greek origin and very much aimed at the younger clientele.
The majority of the residents were aged under 25 years old and fully utilised the 24 hour bar, which added to the noise already coming from the realitively close bars of Kavos town. This hotel is aimed squarely at the younger element of the British booze culture. It was noisey as the younger residents returned to the hotel in full voice every morning around 7 am .

1 Thank Cloughie1966

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Kavos. Just back after spending 2 weeks here. On arrival we met Dina who was very friendly and said that she would be our greek mother during our stay. All the staff at the kavos plaza are amazing. They always make you feel really welcome. At night the DJ's play music and games and they try and get everyone involved. This is one of the best holidays i've been on. Met some great people too and we're already thinking about booking up again for next year!! And to the person below me.. I don't understand why your complaining... If you wanted a relaxing 'family' holiday then why on earth did you book to go to Kavos?!!! That's just pure stupid! Kavos is known to be lively and loud with loads of young people.. Perhaps a desert island would suit you better :).. Loved this hotel, see you next year!!!

2 Thank Danmc18
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Review

I stayed at the kavos plaza for two weeks it was a nightmare ,apart from the horrendous smell from the drainage every night there was booming music coming from the centre of the pool and the entertainer saying vulgar things such as encouraging people to have sex and drink through the microphone which could be heard all around the hotel. Additionally the guests here were all young and constantly drunk or high,furthermore we could not enter the pool once all the young people had woken up from their "fun" night which they would then start shouting rude words with an unacceptable vocabulary so much the women as the men.
When we booked with Thomson they told it was a family holiday and this was most certainly not for families . They didn't tell us either that we had to pay extra for the safe , air conditioning and even toilet paper we couldn't eat in the hotel either because the adolescents were constantly swearing and touching the girls in front of families . My two week supposedly relaxing holiday turned into being the holiday from hell . They also say they have Internet which they do but is complete rubbish because it never worked and when it did it went at turtle pace

6 Thank Heaven2413
Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here along with three other friends, all aged twenty, during the peak season. We arrived late in the evening on the 26th of August, a Friday. Being a group of four, we initially thought that we would be in two separate rooms of two seeing that’s what the hotel offers, but we were all accommodated in the ‘best room in the hotel’ according to Dina, the amazing owner of the Kavos Plaza. Room 404, the only two bedroom apartment in the hotel, was adequately kitted out with a living room (Plasma TV, sofa, kitchenette, fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle), two bathrooms and a good-sized balcony. We were very happy with our room! However, upon arrival Dina asked for a total of 120 euros for the use of air conditioning and a safe box for a week. Perhaps a little too much! Some would most probably avoid paying this by going without, but I was of the opinion that you need the both, especially during the hottest time of the year which sees temperatures sore to above 40 degrees Celsius in the Mediterranean. The safe box always comes in handy to store away passports, insurance and travel documents, money and other valuables. Dina, in the welcome meeting, stressed that no valuables whatsoever should be left out in the rooms as anything can happen to them, which is true, especially seeing as the door to our room was very dodgy and only locked when it felt like.
The room was excellent, but the room service not so much. I am not exactly sure how often the cleaner changed our bed linen and towels but it wasn’t as regular as it could have been. She came in everyday to empty the bin and from what I can gather to flush the toilet! That was her idea of cleaning the room. She did not mop the floor, and only did it when I had to ask because we had smashed a full glass of cocktail the night before and the floor was sticky. She did not wash the sink basins once, which did get a little bit icky after a couple of days. Not surprising seeing as four girls were using it! The hotel provides the first toilet roll but no more thereafter, which is slightly annoying. However, there is a small supermarket a couple of yards down the road which sells absolutely everything you can think of, including all the brands you can get in the UK. They sell toilet roll in large packs for only a couple of euros, which is ideal. Other than that, the rooms could not be faulted; even the shower was of a high standard compared to what Greek hotels usually have to offer, which is normally a small square in the floor, a shower curtain and a shower head.
The staff absolutely makes the hotel what it is. They are the pinnacle of the Kavos Plaza and a small handful at that. Dina, the owner, works up to twenty hours a day and is on hand whenever you need her. She will tell you upon arrival that she is your ‘Mother in Greece’ and she will sure as hell live up to that title. She is very proud of her establishment and her only desire is that everyone who stays at the Plaza has a good time and goes back to the UK to spread the good name of the hotel. She respects her guests, but that respect should be returned. If you wrong her in any way or misbehave she will not tolerate it. Her bar staff, Dmitry and Vasilis are great and will look out for you should you have any problems. The DJs too also deserve a mention, Dale and Harvey, for they play some quality music and really get the guests in the mood for hitting the strip. The Plaza’s chef is also amazing, but remains totally behind the scenes. The menu is excellent and I can’t recommend the Beef Stiffado off the Greek dishes menu enough!
Events wise the hotel can’t be faulted either. Saturday night is the famous Pool Party with the equally famous Kavos watermelon cocktail. Be warned, don’t bother dressing up or doing hair and make up as everyone ends up in the pool by the end of the evening whether you like it or not! Centurion takes place on a Tuesday night, the notorious game where you have to drink a hundred shots of either beer or cocktail in a hundred minutes. This is not for lightweights! And if you’re game for this, make sure to bring plenty of money with you. My friend and I went through four litres of Sex on the Beach playing this – a litre of cocktail is 10 euros – and we were absolutely paralytic come 2am, the time that everyone heads to the strip. Wednesday night you have the Kavos Plaza BBQ which is 15 euros per head and is an all you can eat buffet with plenty of carbs and protein – exactly what you are craving after partying the night before.
Lizzy, the Thomson rep is great, and sells 2wentys events, something which I wasn’t expecting seeing as it isn’t a 2wentys hotel – although I personally feel that it should be advertised as one. She will immediately try to sell you an event for every night, whether you get roped in and buy them all is your decision alone but I highly advise against it. The Booze Cruise is a must, and I can’t recommend it enough. 45 euros is expensive, but it is so worth it. The Booze Cruise is more or less an all-day event full of activities and takes you to an abandoned beach on mainland Greece for a stunning Greek BBQ which sets you up for the day. While on the boat, the reps get you all involved in drinking games, water fights and you have a rave in a cave. The Booze Cruise was the best day of the holiday for me! The Full Moon Party and the Paint Party are also meant to be brilliant too.
Location wise, the hotel is well placed. It is not exactly on the strip, nor is it too far to walk either. This is by far the perfect hotel for those young adults looking to get away from the UK for seven days to let loose! Anything goes in Kavos, so you can be as wild as you want! This is not the place for families or couples, although you do see both at the hotel. I definitely agree with this hotel being ranked #2 on TripAdvisor! I also highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone for its entertainment, its superb location, its good value for money and its excellent management who can’t possibly do enough for you! Avoid cheap deals to the Odysseus and Ekati and don’t be swayed by the fact that they are 2wentys hotels. Kavos Plaza may not boast a 2wentys status, but it does have reps who sell 2wentys events. Go here instead; it’s the best hotel in Kavos! My friends and I are even considering returning next year and so are some of the friends we met while out there.

Room Tip: Room 404 is brilliant! However, it is the only two-bedroom apartment in the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank LKM25
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed at the Kavos Plaza from 09/08-16/08 with 3 of my friends. I have to say I couldn't have asked for more really. Dina the manager is very friendly and told myself and my friends while we were in Kavos she would be our Kavos Mum.
The hotel was excellent. Very clean. Bar staff were very friendly, the DJ's Dale and Ryan were so much fun, getting the whole bar involved in the fun and games.
Drinks were decent prices, the food was excellent - cheap and plenty to choose from.
The room was very clean and had exactly what you needed. Fresh bedding every other day and room's cleaned daily by the staff.
The plaza is so close to the strip.. just around the corner but far enough that the nightlife music doesn't disturb you.
Our rep Lizzy was lovely, so friendly and gave you all the information about events coming up etc but was not pushy like you would expect from reps.
Event wise I would definitely recommend:
1) Saturday - The Pool party in the Kavos Plaza (so much fun but don't bother doing hair and makeup like we did stupidly lol)
2) Full moon party - you have a 50 cent bar at the Plaza, then the rep takes you on a mini bar crawl before you go to the Full moon party on the beach. Drinks are expensive at the event so make the most of the 50 cent bar but be aware that lasts only 1 hr, buy in bulk!
3) The BBQ night on weds in the Kavos - €15 for as much food as you want, and the food is amazing. Not only do you have food incl in the price is entertainment - fire dancers and a pole dancer.

You must must must go to a Trinity Event in Future night club - such a great atmosphere.

Crazy Speedboat is a MUST! Best experience of my life!!!

I could keep raving at how amazing Kavos is, and I've missed loads out if I'm honest.. I could talk for hours about it.
I was devastated leaving after probably one of the best weeks of my life.
Can't wait to go back.

When I say KAVOS..... you say Plaza..
KAVOS.... PLAZA
KAVOS.... PLAZA!!!!

The pool party (Saturdays) and the night when Centurion is played are also recommended. The BBQ night (wednesdays) is definitely one to attend, for 15€ you get lots of decent food and can have as much of it as you want. The Thomson rep for this year (Lizzy) was really nice and gives you all the information you need to know about the area and all events that are happening. You can buy tickets from her, don't feel pressured to do everything though, you can buy just for a few of the events. I cannot find anything to fault in this hotel! Had the best two weeks of my life and would love to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zoe L
Aberdaugleddau, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The hotel was clean, modern and very welcoming. The staff were so friendly especially deana the owner of the hotel. The hotel bar was fab we had loads of games and good music. Me Nd three friends came in august 2013 and made so many friends here. The dj and entertainment staff made our holiday amazing. The bar staff all very friendly and fun. Would definitely go back to this hotel. Fabulous

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank KatieGrace H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Me and my friend got two tickets to kavos on the day we flew out in a last minuet deal and ended up with kavos plaza as our hotel we couldn't of been much luckier hotel is amazing amazing staff and you are really looked after the plaza family are amazing the entertain is all awesome and they literally will go the extra mile to look after you here highly advise if your going kavos stay at the plaza and even if you don't make sure you go here for your pre drinks and party games!! This has literally been the best holiday I've been on so far and if it weren't for my mate forcing me I wouldn't have left !! Thanks for an amazing holiday guys miss you all loads... And my arms all healed up now thanks for looking after me and Jess we look forward to seeing you next year!! Xx

• Stayed June 2013