San Marina Hotel
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewrecommend this hotelevery morningnoiselolgirlsrepcorridorloadscorfu
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The hotel was good and clean, but I must also mention some negatives. 1, for 1 week the breakfast was the same day by day(bread,butter, jam, cold cut,cheese,milk, honey and boiled eggs), a bit boring.
2, the sea is in front of the hotel (about 30m) and there are some sunbeds, which belong to the hotel, but you must pay for them 2beds+1 umbrella is 5 Euros/ day.
The hotel is very noisy because of the English teenagers, who come here to party hard, so you must pay for airconditioning (30Euros/week), that you can close the balcony door and that you can sleep.
The region here is very dirty and smells really bad, I mean the streets, but the beach is ok.
You can eat great meals on the main street, there are several restaurants, the prices are friendly...but the prices in the little shops are very high.
The hotel stuff was unfriendly, mainly the woman who "served" the breakfast.

All in all, Corfu is very beautiful, but you should avoid Kavos...

Room Tip: Room with sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rekamarton
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hotel was clean (for Kavos) and the pool area was very nice and thankfully quiet. The location was also excellent, backing onto the beach and about 100m from the main strip. The only issue we had was the hotel staff. Two members of staff were on occasion (most occasions) very rude; which I can understand if I were drunk but there is no need for it when I'm sober at midday. Perhaps the biggest potential issue, however, is that the hotel won't let you bring people back to your room; of course you may not want to take people back to your room but this is kavos.... They're also not a fan of you making too much noise, but again, this is kavos... Nice hotel but maybe they need to take note of where they are!

Room Tip: The sea view is lovely; the view from those rooms without a sea view is terrible!
1  Thank Jacob D
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I spent a week at san marina in a group of 7 on a Lads holiday. The location cant be beaten by any in kavos, as its on the beach and 30 seconds from the strip. However the breakfast is abandoned for two reasons: Firstly its the choice of stale bread and stale cereal. and secondly unless you come back from your night out at 8-9 you will miss it. A key problem with this hotel is one of the three receptionists, she fined everyone in are party for leaving the air-con on while not in the rooms, so they were cool when we returned. Madness in 40-50 degree heat. She also tried fine us £300 for previous and obviously old damage to rooms until we showed her photos we took of the room when we arrived. would advise anyone staying here to do the same. And the beach bar is occupant run, that means its shut all year round. But if your going to kavos and want to do it on the cheap it's the right location and rooms are bearably clean.

Room Tip: sea view room is a great choice for £3 extra. one you get a sea view and two you cant hear the strip from them.
1  Thank nathandf
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed in San Marina for one week for a girls holiday. The location is perfect! It is right in the middle of the strip but off on a private road so it is safe to walk to and from the strip and it takes less than a minute to get to the night life!

The pool is beautiful and the pool staff are lovely. I read prior to my holiday that the 'cleaners were rude' but I found them very welcoming and kind!

The beach is surprisingly clean(considering its Kavos!). I would strongly advise spending the little extra and getting the sea view as it is stunning and the other view is just of a dusty field.

The rooms are pretty standard but the balconies very roomy and gives you privacy but also enough room to be able to talk to your neighbours.

The only issue me and my party had was the man on the night shift for the first 4 nights. He was very rude and found any excuse to yell at us (one time being him threatening to kick us out for trying to help another guest who was being sick). But after the first few nights he completely changed his tune and was very polite to us, even referred to us as 'beautiful girls' who he 'will miss'.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are quieter and have much better scenery by far! Also don't bother with air con.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The San Marina was actually perfect. The hotel was clean and staff were incredibly friendly, especially the night time receptionist. Yes, they tell you to keep the noise down at night, but i'd do that anywhere anyway and im sure most hotels would enforce it too. As for location, PERFECT! right on the beach, highly advise a beach view, as its quieter too. literally takes 20 seconds to walk onto the beach, and about a minute in the opposite direction (down a driveway/road) to get onto the center of the strip! could not have asked for a better location! and you couldn't really hear the strip either, only the beach bar called bamboo. noise on the first night was pretty bad, as we were sober, but I didnt hear any noise after being out on the strip as music is so loud anyway, your ears will be ringing too much for you to hear noisy neighbours. The breakfast was ok, we didn't expect much and to be fair, most people there don't get up until mid afternoon anyway, but it was simple cereal, croissants and bread. Restaurants at night were amazing, definitely go to the steak house! the food was amazing everywhere, and huge portions too! I went for a week and took 400 euros, and came back with 100 euros. everything is very cheap! You defo need to pre-drink on your balcony though! as no one goes out until turned 1 and drinks are watered down crap when your out! rooms were very nice! we got a fridge and hair dryer, plenty of space too! and a safety deposit box for 5 euros behind the main desk. We only went to the pool on the last day, as we prefer the beach (which was very nice), but the pool was good too, one of the best i've been in. Yes, the bathroom needed a few repairs, but it was fine and i cant complain really. Would defo recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Beach view is quieter, plus if you are in the centre on the second floor, there is a flat roof below, so you can't drop anything over, and (though I don't recommend this) our neighbors used to walk across it to visit us, but it generally made me feel better knowing it could support you as I am scared of falling over balcony's! that's rooms 212, 214 and 216