“great experience with this hotel”
Review of San Marina Hotel

San Marina Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Kavos
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Me and 4 friends came to Kavos for a night out week and sunbathing in the day; we couldnt have had a better hotel. The staff at the check-in desk are always there to help and are so lovely, also very sweet. The breakfast is pretty simple but it was enough to cure the hangovers, lovely breakfast staff who within 3 minutes ask if you would like a tea or coffee. The rooms are spacious, clean bed sheets and towels everyday, although our bathroom drain would occasionally overflow after a shower which was a bit dangerous but would go away with in an hour. Had a cold fridge/freezer in our room which was very helpful for predrinks. You do have to pay 30 euros for air con for the week but when split between a few people; very cheap and worth it!! They have an option of using a safe which is also very good aswell to hold passports and euros.
Large pool area with LOTS of sunbeds and a little pool bar which do slush puppies and lunch snacks for a very reasonable price. Lastly, the rooms with a seaview are beautiful, definitely worth paying the extra 5 euros to get a seaview room. One problem; little loud at night from other customers but that isnt surprising in the middle of kavos with a 30 second walk to the dead centre of the strip.
All in all, a great hotel.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurenhmart
There are newer reviews for San Marina Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Being a budget hotel and holiday I did not come with great expectations. However, the appearance and cleanliness of the San Marina is up there with some 5 star hotels I have stayed in on family holidays. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and happy to help with any problems you had. One who I believed to be the manager was occasionally angry if we made too much noise but I guess this is understandable.
Only a minute walk to the strip this is the perfect hotel for a girls/lads holiday as you get the full nightlife without any of the noise ; as soon as you closed your doors you could barely hear a thing. The location was perfect and the beach was right on your doorstep.
The rooms were lovely with all the facilities you would require. You do have to pay for air conditioning at 40 euros per room per week but I would highly recommend this.
The pool is clean and well kept and big enough that it doesn't feel cramped but small enough that you can make friends around the pool. The lady who works at the pool bar is absolutely lovely and the food there is cheap and delicious.
The only criticism I have of the hotel is that the breakfast isn't the nicest. It is very basic : bread, cheese, ham, greek yoghurt, two cereals and boiled eggs. It wasn't inedible but it wasn't great. However, if youre coming to Kavos for a party holiday you probably won't be awake to have breakfast anyway.
One other criticism is that the drain that was in our bathroom occasionally flooded as I think that the bathrooms used to be wet rooms so I would just advise you to not leave clothes on the floor.
Other than that it was a really lovely hotel and when you compared it to other hotels on the strip it was by far the best.

Room Tip: If you can get a sea view then do so, it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melieha L
Reviewed 8 July 2014

stayed at San Marina recently and have to admit I was largely put off by the negative reviews on here. However, upon arriving I was surprised with how lovely the hotel actually was. The location of the hotel was perfect as it was right on the strip, and meant I could safely get home even in the state I was in after copious amounts of alcohol ;) Really lovely staff, especially Costa, the night receptionist, who was always up for a bit of banter, no matter what time.
Breakfast was a bit of a let down, but we didn't care too much for that as we were rarely awake before 10 anyway. Rooms were cleaned everyday other than Sunday and bed sheets/towels changed regularly. Would highly recommend this hotel to any young groups looking for a wild holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank ShannonHilton
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I came to San Marina for a girls holiday, it has a perfect location! 100m setback from strip, and the beach was at the back of the hotel! The staff were so friendly, specifically the night staff in reception, he was always a great laugh when we came back at silly times in the morning! Although it's not an 18-30's hotel, there's plenty of youngsters staying at the hotel meaning great company at the poolside! The hotel was very clean, and the rooms were a suitable size, the balconys were a nice size too, I recommend getting a beach view balcony. The presentation of the hotel both inside and outside were lovely! The only fault I can find about San marina is that the breakfast was a bit dull, however on the strip you could grab a fry up for 2€ so it wasn't a big deal, and lastly you had to pay for sunbeds at the beach! But I always went to the pool which had free sunbeds due to all the PRs trying to sell you tickets on the beach! All in all, it's a great hotel to stay at & perfect for a girls/lads holiday! For the price I can't complain, highly recommended! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Rebecca Louise P
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Not told by booking agent that this was in the party capital of the world. Arrived at 2am in the early hours and after the coach drove along the very noisy strip we were dumped at the end of the road and told to walk the 50 meters to the hotel.. We checked in and was greeted very nicely by Costas the hotel manager and then by 6 drunk irish lads who i must say were very friendly and they had the room next to ours.. After a very very noisy night in our room which overlooked the pool (Not) we decided that this was not for us and told Costas that we would not be staying.. Our pool view was of a lot of waste ground and fair enough,you coiuld see the pool way over to the right hand side...Also greeted us in reception was three young lads with bottles of vodka and well drunk.. Any way we booked another hotel further up the coast and had a really nice holiday...

Room Tip: Check the location Before you book any holiday
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank havensent
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel was a lovely place to stay. The people were very friendly and our rooms were cleaned everyday apart from sunday. Which didn't matter as your not in your room that much...your on HOLIDAY why would you want to be inside. We Had a great view of the beach,my friend who booked last minute still had a great view of the pool.It was a great location,most nights you never heard the music or anyone coming in the mornings. As for the price for sun loungers and umbrellas on the beach 2euros which is next to nothing compared to some places you go. There was 8 of us and not one of us had any compliants. Definitely recommend staying here. For a good breakfast head to jolly chef and if u want a few quiet drinks before you go out head to the fresh bar!!

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank hannahsm88
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel is fantastic for its location as you can quite literally roll out of bed and roll on to the beach and all the main attractions are less than 2 minutes away. Unfortunately this is where the attraction ends. I came here with my friend and after travelling through the night we just wanted to go straight to bed. After being greeted by the receptionist we got our room key and hauled our cases up the stairs to the top floor. We discovered that our room had not been cleaned, the beds had not been made and the discarded items of the previous occupants were still there. So after going downstairs to complain (the maids had lied about cleaning the room) we hauled our cases down stairs again to another room. The day after we unpacked and made our way to the beach. Giving our key in to the reception we were told that we had to move rooms again as the room we were given was for someone else coming and that our previous room was now clean. So we had to pack all our things up, drag our cases up the stairs again and unpack again.The room me and my friend stayed in was something else. The beds were rock hard, giving my back so much pain that towards the end I could barely sleep, the "pool view" was a view of overgrown grasslands and the air con that we had paid extra for barely worked. The bathroom was atrocious, it had an unholy smell as if something had died in there, which doesn't go down well when you have food poisoning! Our rooms were "cleaned" twice, by that I mean the bed sheets were folded on the end of the bed and we got new toilet roll...that's it (I've slept in cleaner fields!) Some of the staff were friendly, while others were rude and more concerned about being on Facebook rather than actually doing their job. On the whole it was great to have the beach at the back but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Lisa E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kavos
Corfu Sea Gardens
#3 of 10 in Syvota
Angelika Pallas
Angelika Pallas
#3 of 8 in Igoumenitsa

Been to San Marina Hotel? Share your experiences!