“wicked, have no expectations and you'll have no disappointment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kavos
Trabukos Studios and Apartments
Ranked #27 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Kavos
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“wicked, have no expectations and you'll have no disappointment”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Trabukos is simple and easy, the reps are full on but hey, they work on commission.

I am not personally bothered by anything in particular, I don't care for material things in life, the rooms are simple as you can get, who cares, we probably spent 20 hours in it all week, it's got a bed and a shower, the cleaner doesn't come enough, but hanging like hell, she was just annoying when she did anyway. The only complaint room-wise is she didn't empty the kitchen bin all week which was disssssssssgusting and she was definitely stealing my paprika pringles and i have n o t got time for those shenanigans.

Reps were lovely, especially Mitch, but towards the end of our stay a few did get shirty with us for not wanting to do bar crawls and that and were a bit rude, but as long as you're thick skinned and don't cry at their brushoff's that doesn't matter. Don't buy the events, you'll get them cheaper elsewhere at most buy like, two.

Overall though, we had no issues with the hotel, it was centre in the middle of the strip having future and atlantis(host of after parties) on your doorstep is a god send, and allows for cheeky drinking in the room every 30 minutes instead of paying. Who can complain about having a party-pool atmosphere, a beach on one side and the middle of the strip on the other? Some people have unlucky experiences, but we personally didnt

Would deffo stay again, cheap and what you expect; a bed, a pool, and a party.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just like the picture shows, the hotel is plain and simple. I didn't expect anything more to be honest. Beds were comfortable, the room was clean and easy to maintain and a great location to the strip (literally our room was right above a bar!). Obviously if you're going to Kavos you shouldn't plan on going to bed any time before 6am which meant the bars surrounding Trabukos were closed so you do get a peaceful nap. The Reps were amazing! Every single one of them and the local neighbours/staff provide sooo much help and assistance. Didn't need to use a safe, wifi is free and accessible from the bar area also in the swimming pool area. The pool is clean and offers great priced drinks and food. I had read reviews before going which weren't positive but went open minded and was not let down. On the last morning we handed in the room key, give or take 10 minutes our room had been checked and we received our deposits back, no problems at all. It was my first 18-30 holiday and I've no complaints. Thanks Trabukos!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for a week with a group of friends and had a great time, the hotel is right in the middle of the strip and EXTREMELY loud, the nights that we were really drunk the noise did not really make a difference but when we decided to have a quiet night it was horrible if i went back I would probably take ear plugs with me.

I would not advise buying any of the events that the reps are doing, we bought full moon party tickets at 40 euro each and our rep told us it was a sundown til sunrise event however when we got out of our hotel at around 1 it was finished! we ended up just going to the strip and having a good time but was a waste of money. Our rep also told us that they were the only group that did paint partys and that it was only on Sundays at 40 euro a ticket (we were flying on Monday so decided to give it a miss) but we were on the strip on Thursday and bought paint party tickets outside atlantis for 20 euro each. best. party. ever.

After the paint party I managed to get orange paint all over my bed sheets and because of some of the reviews I have seen I did not think I would get my deposit back but i did, we kept our room pretty clean the full time though. i never got air conditioning or the safety deposit box and I never had a problem but I have heard mosquito's don't like the cold so air con might be a good idea

there were ants and mosquito's everywhere i had so many bites bring some serious mosquito repellent with you. the bites were the complete worst part of my holiday they hurt so much and were always itchy.

in general Kavos was amazing i will be going back a lot of reviews scared me and i had no idea what to expect and from what happens in kavos i was terrified I am not a huge drinker we did not go out every single night but it was fab and nothing like the tv shows most people are lovely

Hope this helped :)

1 Thank Nicole Q
Earby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

great time in good old kavos, hotel was standard room wise.. the reps were fantastic and made the holiday what it was, very helpful and always up for a laugh which is what you want. thanks for making my holiday a good one. :) x

1 Thank Karen G
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is what you should be expecting in terms of there being a bed to sleep in, you are in Kavos! But when checking out hotel manager tried to charge us 105 euros for missing chairs when there were none, even though our group was honest about a broken chair. Not too bad apart from that just be careful as to taking pictures at the start of your holiday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pawan V
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As the University of Plymouth cricket club we went on tour with 26 people and stayed at Trabukos hotel. Overall we all had a quality holiday but unfortunately, and as expected, most of these reviews were actually true. The reps are sound and their main aim is for you to have a good time, however I highly recommend not doing any of the events as they really are not worth it as you can have a quality time in Kavos wherever you go out. The main problem we had was at the end with our deposits, even though we are a big group of all guys we were very sensible and only broke one chair which wasn't even us but we owned up to it. This being said, the hotel tried to charge us for 7 broken chairs and 2 missing tables which were never even in the room. The hotel was not reasonable about it and were highly abusive as they had been previously in the week. An example being, I was told that I would have my leg cut off because I jumped over a 4 foot wall. With all this in mind, my Kavos tips if you are staying at this hotel are; make note of everything you have in your room the moment you get there (evidence is key), don't buy all the events only the odd one or two or none at all and if you can find a cheaper or similar priced hotel other than Trabukos then stay there (highly recommend Zest).

Room Tip: choose a room.... in Trabukos...... no chance