“The service was good however was disappointed that the pool...”

Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Aventura
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Talk about spending money: New beds, furniture, carpeting, etc. The breakfast is still weak, but this dated hotel has been brought up to date. The staff is always friendly and does speak a number of languages. Now understand this is a huge property so wear comfortable shoes when walking around. There is a laundry on the second floor, a fitness center and plenty of entrances so yo can park close to your room. Prices are reasonable, What is not to like?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert G
Daniel S, Manager at Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thanks you for taking the time to post your comments. Our professional staff take great pride in extending a warm welcome to all our guests who stay in their "home away from home". Linda H Manager
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

As locals, we looked into buying swimming passes for the Days Inn, including a pass for a young boy with disabilities. We had a few questions about accessibility that we wanted to check into before purchasing our passes so we called ahead. The young lady at the front desk was unable to help us but politely passed us on to the manager who was shockingly rude!!! He was completely ignorant to my concerns and questions about their pool's accessibility for folks with disabilities, repeatedly questioning why things would need to be any different for our young swimmer than for anyone else. It almost seemed like he wasn't even hearing what I was attempting to clarify and immediately became defensive. I can honestly say that I was nothing but polite and my questions and concerns were nothing out of the ordinary and nothing that couldn't have been simply answered. I am fairly certain that things would be fine for our group, but after my poor experience attempting to clarify my concerns with the management at this location, we vowed to never give them our business. I was, and continue to be in complete awe, that someone who is so rude and ignorant would ever land a management job within such a business. Although we cannot comment on what it is like to stay at this hotel, we could never recommend it simply based on the poor attitude and customer service that we experienced.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Daniel S, Manager at Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments. I am quite baffled by these comments since our pool has been closed for renovations since December 2013. When did this happen? We currently have a professional staff who are friendly and polite. The manager is a "she", not a "he". Could this encounter have happened over a year ago when previous employees were on staff? On behalf of the current hotel staff, I do apologize for this negative experience and hope that you will return to swimming at the hotel when the pool re-opens. Linda H Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bridgewater hotels

Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

PROS
I have attended conferences at this hotel many times and their conference facilities are fine along with the catering and service. On site restaurant. Food okay.

CONS
We had to get things photo copied, and although they were accommodating, their photocopier wasn't for large photocopying and we had to go to staples down the road.
Their rooms are outdated, smelly and musty. My colleague and I both have sensitivities to dust and mold and after an overnight stay our lungs hurt and we developed coughs. I can't say for sure whether it was from the hotel, but our symptoms got better once we left. It's likely those without sensitivities would be okay, but if you have asthma the older rugs could pose a problem. Other colleagues I know didn't have any issues.

I'd return for their conference rooms but not for an overnight stay in their room unless they invest in upgrading their facilities which I see in the previous post that there are plans for carpet and room upgrades.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Daniel S, Manager at Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel. I am pleased that all went well with your conference. Being a smaller hotel, we do not have office support for conferences but our front desk staff are always more than happy to do any photocopying that you may require. It is unfortunate that that you did not have a positive an experience with your stay in our guest rooms. Our housekeeping staff strive to maintain clean and scent free rooms. Yes, as you have mentioned, we are renovating our guest rooms, as time permits. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
North York
Reviewed 29 December 2013

my over experience at this hotel was good except swimming pool not available for use. We needed a microwave for our room which the hotel staff provided. then found we needed an extension cord for the microwave unable to plug into power bar for TV& fridge it would trip the breaker. the hotel staff found us one to use.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. There is never a time to close the pool for renovations that is convenient for everyone. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy a swim in our pool. The pool will re-open once the changes have been made. Linda H Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
Comfort Inn Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Lunenburg
Rum Runner Inn
Rum Runner Inn
#2 of 6 in Lunenburg

Been to Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!