Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater
US$121
Agoda.com
Topmast Motel(Lunenburg)
US$90
Rum Runner Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$107
  • Restaurant
US$138
Smugglers Cove Inn(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$98
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
US$128
US$121
Homeport Motel(Lunenburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot breakfastplace to staybacon sausagefree breakfastrooms are clean and comfortablestaff was helpful and friendlylate at nightrestaurant staffkorean foodcentral locationthe ground floorfeel right at homestayed here for two nightsa great stayeasy accessnova scotialaptop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I stopped here because the raging storm that was raking Nova Scotia made driving dangerous. Visibility was so low that I would haven't been able to see a romantic little inn by the sea, let along book myself a room. So I was a walk in. They were very hospital but charged me full rack rate, despite being almost empty. At $120, this was overcharging on a grand scale. The room was ordinary and there was no real service to speak of. People were friendly enough. There was just nothing for them to do for me in this glorified motel. A small cooked breakfast was included and it was pretty good. So was the coffee so all in all, a welcome port in a storm but it could have been better. And cheaper!!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank danielglak
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My spouse and I stayed at this hotel for one night after having an unsatisfactory experience across the street at the Comfort Inn. At first we were a little wary of staying here when we saw the construction next door, but that turned out not to be an issue as the noise problems we experienced came from inside the hotel. As we found out, it is almost impossible to close the doors quietly as the "door closers" at the top pull them closed very quickly. This resulted in slamming doors all night long and combined with the woman talking on her cell phone in the hall, made for a restless night despite the fact that neither my husband nor I are light sleepers.

Our second problem arose when we went for breakfast. At check-in, the clerk told us a free breakfast was included with the room and it began at 7:00 am, so we went to the restaurant around 7:20 only to find the doors locked and complete darkness inside. The sign outside the restaurant also said it opened at 7:00. I went to the front desk to ask why the restaurant wasn't open, and the clerk said it opened at 8:00. When I mentioned that we were told 7:00, he laughed and replied that apparently she told a lot of people that. At this point I was very tired and didn't make an issue of it, but we just checked out and left.

There are a couple of good points about the hotel. The room was clean (except for a bit of mold around the bath tub), there was a fridge and the wireless internet worked well. I also liked the fact that our room had a "back door" which we were able to park in front of making it easy to load and unload luggage. Ultimately though, in my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros and we won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose-Marie C
Days_Inn_Bridgewater, Owner at Days Inn & Conference Center - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2009

Dear Valued Customer

I must first apologize for the late posting of this reply as I have been out of the country on business.

Please allow me, as the owner, to offer my most sincere apologies for any discomforts that you have experienced during your stay.

Firstly, regarding the “slamming of the door” you had mentioned. All of our doors are equipped with a ‘self-locking’ mechanism and the speed at which these doors close are maintained by tightness of a screw. Our doors have their screw tightened to it max potential for a few reasons. Firstly the screw was loose, the door shuts at a very slow rate, or in some instances, not at all. This leaves open the potential for unwanted individuals to access our guest’s rooms, and as such, we have tightened our doors to prevent such instances. While shutting of the door, may create noise, we have weighted both pros and cons and hope for your understanding with this matter.

Secondly, with regards to the breakfast coupons, it is our front desk’s duty to alert our guests of any changes in hour of operations with regards to the restaurant. Therefore, let me first apologize if our front desk staff failed to inform you of any changes for the holiday hours. Our hotel has begun this new policy of “free hot breakfast” instead of a continental breakfast this past May. Hence, it is still in its infancy and therefore, we are still in the process of ironing out the wrinkles, so to speak. We thank you for your feedback, and will make sure to label the hours of operation on the coupons themselves for the future, to prevent any confusion.

Thirdly, the mold you spoke of around the bathtub was found to be mildew. While it matters not rather it was mold or mildew but the fact that this caused you discomfort is something I am truly apologetic for. It will be noted at the next housekeeping staff meeting, and inspections of the room’s cleanliness will be even more thorough from now on.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our property and making it very clear as to where we need improvements. They will most definitely be looked into and I along with the staff here at the Days Inn Bridgewater, promise a much better service the next time around. I again apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay, and hope for your indulgence and understanding in the matters above. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future, to illustrate that these changes have indeed been made.

Yours in Hospitality,
Teresa Song
Owner – Days Inn & Conference Center Bridgewater

Reviewed 10 October 2006

Like many others, I try to stay at the Wandlyn Motel when in Bridgewater. This motel has been around for a while and has changed ownership. It is situated on the near-edge of town and is only a couple of minutes from most services, shopping, the area hospital and so on. It is a very popular motel and is often sold out when a special event is in town or close by. Calling ahead is highly recommended if traveling on the weekend or holidays. Even though this facility shows a little wear-and-tear, in my opinion, it is clean and provides basic rooms at decent rates. It has a fine little restaurant and bar right on site along with a swimming pool and basic customer internet access. The staff are very courteous and friendly. Because it is a popular spot, parking can get a little tight when the rooms are full or there is a special event taking place such as a wedding reception or some sort of conference. This motel has a pleasant feel about it. There is also a Comfort Inn across the road but it does not have a restaurant like the Wandlyn. There are also a few other places around which may cost a little less but this place appears to be about mid-priced. If you get there late at night and they are full the staff will help you find a place nearby if they can.. That is service that is hard to beat. I like this place and can't really say much other than that! In my opinion, the Bridgewater Wandlyn is one of the good ones.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank johnfromnsca
Reviewed 10 August 2005

I stayed here with my family when we were unable to find a room in Lunenburg. Lunenburg is only 20 minutes drive away and what Bridgewater lacks in charm it makes up for in convenience and value.

The Wandlyn Inn is OK and my children enjoyed the indoor swimming pool.
Our room had a 'back door' that allowed us to park next to it motel-style which was convenient.

The restaurant was rather downbeat - we were the only customers - and the food was about average. I would eat out next time...

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank Richard_SW11
Reviewed 23 November 2004

I have stayed at the Wandlyn Inn Bridgewater many,
many times----but not recently.
All the staff are very helpful and friendly. The pool was
always "clean", as was the rest of the establishment.
Nice restaurant atmosphere and good food, with specials
often. A great place for children, with game machines,
pool, sauna etc.
Nice outdoor area---in summer, to sit and enjoy the
fresh air, lay in the sun , barbecue and have a few
drinks.
Can walk to see "everything" in this beautiful small
town.
One of my stays lasted 3 weeks.
Will definitely come back again.
Sheldon Frank,