“Good Place to take my Real Estate clients for lunch”
Review of Local Public House

Local Public House
Ranked #15 of 59 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is fairly new in our area. It is located in the mall and the food is excellent. I took a client from away there and now that they have made their home here they tell me they will be going there again. The staff is friendly and the food is made from fresh local ingredients whenever possible.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

As a fan of the Local Public House from my first visit (shortly after opening day), I brought my staff out for our Christmas Dinner Social. Not surprising to me, we were all delighted with the food, the service and the atmosphere. Some folks were there for the first time and will definitely be back again. I heard a few people compare the quality of product to upscale Halifax. It is so nice to see a restaurant open with a bang and then continue to maintain the excellence of the first experience. I usually do not stray from the tried and true choices when I dine out. At the Local Public house I delight in trying everything on the menu as so far my expectations have always been exceeded. Thank you guys for a memorable Christmas get together. Can`t wait to see what treats 2014 brings within your inviting Pub.

1  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Let me start by saying my wife and I have been to this eatery several times since it opened their doors and have "never" been disappointed with the quality of the food. Prices are quite reasonable and the serving portions generous. The staff are exceptionally friendly and the decor is what you would expect from a "Pub" or as it's name implies, a local public house. The impression that you are in a reading room on the upper floor is pleasant and popular.

Some things that might be considered...
1) window dressings where the tables are located next to the glass at the outside entrance. It provides some privacy.
2) as someone else suggested...a maitre d' to seat you so the staff is aware you are there.
3) an air knife at the entrance to eliminate the cold air from entering during cold winter months...we were there the other evening and sat in the lower section and as people entered cold air came in as they held the doors opened.
4) to go with #2...the tables already have menus so it would be a priority to get drinks to the table promptly. That buys time for the server, especially when the place is busy. "I'll be with you in a moment.", can be interpreted by the patron that their presence is not important and that reflects on the T.I.P. (to insure promptness) at the end of the day. That "moment" can sometimes end up to be several moments is there are distractions or being understaffed. To have beverages at the table within 5 minutes, shouldn't be unreasonable to expect. I would rather have a delay between the beer and placing the food order, than having a delay in being served at all.

Have never had a bad meal and very pleased that a lot of the ingredients are locally sourced.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I have eaten at The Local Public House several times. We find the services great: friendly and knowledgeable about the menu; timely as well. The food is very good. We've had the club sandwich, fish and chips, Ruben and my wife's favorite, the lasagna. I did order the corn beef and cabbage once and would have to say that the meat was tough and the vegetables a little too under-cooked for my liking... but everything else on the menu is great! Huge desserts too. The name of the business could have used a little more thought to reflect the nice atmosphere, so don't let that throw you off.

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Local Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear G B:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your dining experiences with us. We appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts and we look forward to your next visit!

Bridgewater Local Public House Management

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a few times now and have never been
disappointed. My only regret is that I didn't try the Jack Burger earlier.
I have had burgers all over N. America over the years and this one
ranks in the top three..... talk about juicy and lots of flavour !! And the
waitress even knew the farm where the meat came from. Now that is
food knowledge.

The service is always great here too. Keep up the good work folks.
We highly recommend this establishment if you are after a great dining
experience served by very friendly staff. We will definitely return.....
maybe even today.

GraftonConnor, General Manager at Local Public House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Glenn W:

Thank you for your positive review of our restaurant.

We’re delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your burger! We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon.

Bridgewater Local Public House Management