“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of Food Revolution - CLOSED

Food Revolution
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Mahone Bay NS
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here three times now and thought it was time to post a review. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. If you like strong European style coffee this is the place for you! The first visit was for breakfast. Eggs Bennie is the usual test for a new place and they passed with flying colours. The next two visits were for lunch. John's Special ( a Middle Eastern Pita with Chicken, salad and garlic yoghurt ) was so delicious I had to go back and have it again. Next time I will be trying a wood-fired pizza. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited October 2013

Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left on th deck alone”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My friend and I went there for coffee and we sat on the patio out front. It was very good strong with a pleasing bite. They wanted to close so we had to eat on the front outside area. They closed up and left us sitting in the dark.

1 Thank Mochachu
Bridgewater, Canada
“God Awful”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were seated in a corner by a window with 5-10 houseflies buzzing around it, which periodically landed around our drinks. We had glasses of water that tasted unbelievably terrible - and tea, which of course tasted equally bad as they used the same water. The menu's choices had a lot of ingredient combinations that sounded rather odd in some cases, but that could just be our taste in food. We decided that the only two things we were interested in were The Meatloaf and a kind of pizza. When the server/owner(?) came over, he quickly informed us that they had no Meatloaf or an ingredient needed to make the pizza. We asked for more time, and then began thinking of where else we could go because we were not impressed with this place at all. When we asked for our bill for the drinks the server asked, "did you not find anything?" We said "No, we're just going to pay our drink bill for now thanks." Instead of leaving it at that, he asked "well what kind of food are you looking for?" and sounded almost offended that we didn't like their food choices. We clarified with, "we're just not interested in the choices on your menu, so we'll be paying our bill and leaving thanks." He was about to continue on about this, but we had to interrupt and insist on our bill. He gave us the debit machine and wandered off while we paid. When it was done, he said good day to us and we left. EXPENSIVE menu by the way. A burger was ridiculously overpriced.

2 Thank AKLokiReviews
“Freakish place to eat!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

For 37.00+tax we just bought ourselves the worst dining experience EVER. I have been to many different styles of restaurants in my life and I'm still trying to understand exactly what we just experienced!!
It was myself and two children dining. The kids ordered chocolate milk. He took powder and stirred it in milk, then had to use a strainer to strain clumps and scooped bubbles off the top. It arrived to our table dripping down the glasses and separated and grainy. The kids couldn't drink it (so you know it had to be BAD) so I returned it and bought juice for them instead.
We were still billed 5 dollars for the "hot chocolate" that he said was made into chocolate milk because they don't actually sell chocolate milk!!! Why not just tell us this before we pay for garbage.

Next issue... what restaurant can't cook a sunny side up egg?? Food revolution! The eggs came with totally solidified yolks. Disgustingly crusty on edges and not edible. The toast was supposed to be white and it came whole wheat.

Bacon was good.

My daughter ordered pizza. They messed up the toppings and added mushrooms so we had to pick off. Pizza tasted OK but way too costly for below average quality.

I had apple upside down pancake which still makes me gag thinking about it. It was mushy and made out of a strange type of wet eggy dough. Loaded with sugar and barf worthy.

Staff was unpleasant to say the least.

We heard many things about how weird this place is. We heard from others it was expensive and bad food and poor service but I guess we needed to finally see for ourselves what all the talk was about.

Trust me folks... stay away and save your money!! This place is the pits.

3 Thank Huanu
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“A Great Surprise”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The outside does not look like much, but the food is very good. Far superior to the greasy, fast food places in Bridgewater. Many unique dishes to try, but I enjoyed the Christmas Sandwich, while my daughter and her friend had the all you can eat ribs (amazing bbq mesquite sauce), and my wife chose the spatzle (sp). Portions are a good size.