“Don't miss out on this one!!”

27 South Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Cuisines: Italian, American, Greek, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 27 South is a stylish lounge offering casual dining, perfect for business lunches, early morning buffet or late night cocktails and wine. 27 South proudly serves an eclectic mix of local and international cuisine with some new twists on old classics.
Bridgewater, Canada
“Don't miss out on this one!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Way to go, you finally brought something of "date night" quality to town!

Ok, so me the city girl, gone country... I love it here in Bridgewater, but one of the things I miss most about city life is dining. I love going out to eat with the girls and my hubby, but Bridgewater is just full of pub, fast food and home cooking like crazy...which is fine at times, but Im looking for a change and this is it!

We "LOVE" this place. What don't I love on their menu. We eat here alot! Atleast 2 times a month for supper and the girls go for lunch often. Never dissapointed once in all my visits!!

Fav Bites-
The salad!! amazing dressing, simple and light
The Mustang Burger- Holy truly a work of art
The Bacon cheese stuffed Tortillini ( don't think its spelled right, but it tastes wickett)
Believe it or not Chicken Strips
Fish and Chips.
Their specials ( chicken is my fav)
Their Turkey Dinner
Brunch
Deserts.......

I could keep going. The wine on Friday nights is $5.00 off a bottle. You can get a good wine for actual NSLC prices.. Imagine that! Great cocktails. One of the staff is a mixologist, these guys have it together.

Last time we went was with the girls, 12 of us and we loved it. Relaxed atmosphere, small and cozy. We sat in the sofa area, relaxed and had drinks.
There is a nice out side dining area great for summer nights or early evening drinks.

Not a huge resturant but in the evening it kind of reminds me of the Fireside in Halifax. I have to say it is so nice to have a place worth spending hard earned money and enjoying every minute of it.

Exceptional Service, great value, lots to choose from, great atmosphere... Thank you!!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ExitGirl

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stepped up Quality in Bridgewater!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Ordered tomato bisque to start which was billed as being homemade. Whoever made it has my compliments as it was so delicious. My mom and I then had pasta and grilled chk club. Both were great. We polished off these generous servings with tasty lemon curd and tiramisu both served in martini glasses. A great lunch and everything was well-priced and served rather quickly.

Bridgewater, Canada
“Best in town”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Food with personality, great taste. nice space, good service. Try the pasta carbonara, the rib steak sandwich. Great deserts, the tiramisu is fantastic.

• Visited March 2013
Liverpool, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Worldwide Wednesdays”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We live half and hour away and came to the Wed. specials for something different from the usual fare in this area and we were not disappointed.
The first Wed, was Thai food and everything was well presented and delicious.
The next week was Italian and I felt like we were back in Montreal eating wonderful food.
The third week was Greek and was absolutely delicious!
All three couples enjoyed the 3 course meals and would love to see this type of food served regularly in Bridgewater and we would gladly come back again.
This week is Mexican week and I am sure we will not be disappointed.
Compliments to an excellent chef, hope to see more international food served..

• Visited February 2013
Mahone Bay
“A bit disappointing”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This restaurant feels exactly like what it is -- a hotel restaurant. With televisions on every wall set to every possible station, its linen napkins and funky name, 27 South can't seem to decide whether it wants to be a sports bar or a dining room.

The food was average to good, but nothing special. We were surprised to find an 'extra' $4.00 on our bill for the sweet-potato fries that were offered to us as an option to fries without mentioning the markup. It's little things like this that makes it hard to recommend.

• Visited February 2013