“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #43 of 59 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese, Canadian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ko's Restaurant is one of the best Chinese/Canadian restaurants on the South Shore of Nova Scotia. Located in the heart of the downtown core, Ko's serves food for anybody in the family. With a wide variety of options including, noodle dishes, rice dishes, meat dishes, vegetable dishes, soup, and even a children's menu, we're sure that you'll find something you like.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We are fairly new in town, our impression from the exterior was not good (looked a little tired .)We tried everywhere else first!
We were wrong ! The food was great and amazing value too!!
The view of the river and the new balcony for summer will be great.
Our waitress was lovely, she knew all the locals and what they liked!
Possibly a few changes out front would entice more people

3  Thank ruthew

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were travelling in the area and discovered too late that there are few restaurants along the south shore of Nova Scotia. With Ko's, my first mistake was actually going in when I was hit by the nasty musty smell at the front door. The place was deserted, and it soon became clear why it was empty. We were travelling with 8, some handicapped, who had already made their way to the door, so we were stuck.There is no parking on site, so just getting there was difficult.

I do come from an area where real Chinese food is served, so I must be spoiled. The food at Ko's is retro to the 1960's but still badly made. Deep fried chicken balls? Everything is coated with a sickly sweet red sauce. WIth the Pork and Broccoli dish, the broccoli was edible but the pork tasted old and was full of fat. Soups had fat floating on the top. I ordered only a hot and sour soup and only that because someone wrote in a review that it was good. Youch!!! It had so much vinegar in it, I should have taken it home it to kill the weeds in my lawn. When the waitress asked how everything was, I told her about the soup and she said that's how they make it there. The "chef" actually measures in the amount of vinegar. I couldn't eat it. And so had nothing. We knew it was pointless to mention anything else.

They did offer a free dessert to me, which I bravely accepted and took along. It was cheesecake, which was actually good - after I scraped off a sickly sweet red sauce that was dumped all over it - this time strawberry, I think.

Everyone had a terrible meal. The waitress was very nice, but the food - nasty.

1  Thank JaneMississauga
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Great food, service and prices reasonable. Recommend to others. I eat there often. Staff very attentive and friendly. Clean.

3  Thank Ellen H
Reviewed 26 July 2013

there food for me has always tasted fresh unlike some places were u can tast the old oils and stuff there Singapore noodles are amazing and the people there are always so friendly which to me is worth the trip since its about 30 minit drive away from me keep it up the deck looks nice to.

2  Thank Michael_Harnish
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The basics like chicken balls, rice and egg rolls are GREAT ...but some of the speciality dishes could use some work. Service was very friendly, the place was clean, and I thought the prices were very fair.

I'd go back !