“An enjoyable evening” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Langass Lodge Restaurant

Langass Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in North Uist
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scotland
“An enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I came here to meet friends for an evening meal which everyone enjoyed. I had the cod, which was tasty, but it was a very small portion of fish, and the whole dish could have been warmer. I also thought the frangipane pudding with ice cream was rather small too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PartyGirlScotland

glasgow
“Great food in a lovely setting but let down as ever by serving staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I love Langass, I really do. The setting, the lovely interior, the great food.I want to give it 5 stars but the staff always let it down and we have been dining there for several years now.
The conservatory bar is delightful, beautifully designed with lovely garden and Eaval views.Menu is heavy on local shellfish (Kallin shellfish I think, a top quality local provider) and sea food but also meat choices.Very hard to choose.Crab claws and langoustine platter was really first class.My fish and chips was excellent too - firm and meaty fish and probably the best chips I've had in a long while.My husband's fillet steak was just about rare as asked for.The portion of vegetables served separately was lovely and generous.Only disappointment was sticky toffee pudding which was dry and lacking in sauce.
My only reservation about Langass is as it always has been - the staff.You are never greeted with a smile, despite arriving with one! The woman hoovering as I arrived to enquire about dinner simply looked up at me, switched her machine off and despite my eager smile, stayed stony faced as she approached as if I had interrupted something far more important than offering them business.I always leave Langass feeling I've had my knuckles wrapped slightly for some misdemeanour.
The young bar/serving staff were poor as ever....we sat for ages while three of them chatted and laughed without even looking our way.The lad actually passed our table after about 10 mins and made no eye contact, nor did he enquire as to whether we had been served (we hadn't).I eventually called one of the girls over to take our order and was given a look as if I had no right to call her at all! Why are they so consistently disinterested in an otherwise lovely, high quality place?As a student (yonks ago) I have worked in bars and restaurants myself and it doesn't take much training to know you should be welcoming, attentive and aware at all times.
Anyway, we loved our meal there.There is some really fine cooking going on in that kitchen though of course the quality of the produce is world class.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scotland
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had a bar lunch here and was impressed by the menu. Although it was quite short, I found it very hard to make my choice, everything sounded so good. I decided on a vegetable and cheese tart and it was delicious. Nicely presented too.
Staff were very pleasant.
Langass Lodge is in a lovely setting, below a small hill and near a loch. We were lucky enough to see an otter during our post lunch walk.
Next time, I will try to have dinner there and check out the more extensive dinner choices.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bonniebraes
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Were on holiday on North Uist mid-August and booked to go out for dinner on just one evening and we were so pleased that we chose Langass Lodge Restaurant. The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious - we had all 3 courses - and we felt it was very good value for money. The wines were also very good and very reasonably priced. Would love to return to North Uist and if we do we will definitely be returning to Langass Lodge for a meal.

1 Thank Gary E
“Best restaurant in the Uists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Went for a meal about 4 weeks ago here. Don't live on the Islands but visit frequently and found this by far the best place for food in either North or South Uist or Benbecula. Lovely setting, very cosy homely feel. Very friendly staff. Food was very good and reasonably priced as well.

Visited July 2014