“Fantastic”

Ruffino - Tenuta di Poggio Casciano
More attraction details
Owner description: Only a few miles from Florence, immersed in the beautiful lands of the Chianti, our historical Ruffino estate offers guided tours and tastings of our best wines to our guests.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by Lidia who was immediately responsive to my e-mails. Lidia gave us a wonderful tour of the vineyard and we were treated to a wine tasting in an elegant room. we felt like royalty. Perfect.

There are newer reviews for Ruffino - Tenuta di Poggio Casciano

Reviewed 17 June 2014

An incredible trip!! The property is beautiful, with some fantastic vineyard views! Bring a good camera! We tasted some truly wonderful wines and the people were so hospitable!!! Don't miss this!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited this as part of a Chianti tour. Not quite as exciting as when the grapes being harvested etc., but then it was nice and quite and able to enjoy the tour and samples. Sampled the wines obviously and the FRESH olive oil - great.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Ruffino tan label has been one of my favorites since I very first started drinking wine. My wife and I were traveling through Florence and decided that we had to visit since it was so nearby. We rented a car and took the ~20 minute drive to Ruffino. Lidia was *super* accommodating and still gave us the full two-hour tour, even though we were running almost an hour behind schedule. She gave us a tour of the vineyard, explained about DOCG and other Italian wine regulations, pointed out that the line of trees in the distance separated the Chianti region from the Chianti Classico region, and so, so much more. The much-advertised "barrel room" is totally worth it, and the wine tasting at the end was a lot of fun. Never would I have thought that at some point in my life I would be tasting Ruffino wines *at Ruffino*. It was an experience that we'll never forget, and many, many thanks to Lidia for making it so memorable!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We went to Tuscany in August of 2013 for a week of wine tasting. One of the vineyards we visited were Ruffino. We had an absoluty excellent time. First of all the estate is amazing, both surrounding and its buildings. We meet with our own private guide, that we had booked in advanced, who was a fantastic guide. She took us around the main building, the production and the cellars. The cellars are the best maintained cellar we have ever been to. After the tour we had a wine tasting session which also included their olive oil and grappa. Defenitly worth a visit!!

2  Thank Mnorberg