“Very good rest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pagudpud
Saud Beach Resort & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pagudpud
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We went their tho have lunch only since we are already booked at Kapuluan. This was the decision we regret until now---not booking at Saud Beach.

Beach is nice, hotel security is strict, nearer by 15 ams vs Kapuluan, and very good food.

Food is not pricey, and has big servings. Has free strong wifi also.

There are newer reviews for Saud Beach Resort & Hotel

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Absolutely horrible experience. When I entered the room, the bathroom had numerous spiders and red ants everywhere. One of the spiders was 4 inches across. I tried to check out immediately, but they would not credit my credit card back and instead offered me a different room. The food at their restaurant is very basic and expensive. The wait for the food was over an hour. The hotel was dirty and in disrepair.The location of the hotel is great, right on the beach, but their are numerous other hotels on the beach at a much lower cost. Having seen 2 rooms, the rooms are nice with wood furniture and wood flooring.

Over all the hotel was not worth the price. I can understand that I was at the hotel in the off season, but that does not give a reason for the disrepair. After lunch I returned to the second room. At this point I found out that the room did not have sufficient water pressure for the shower to work and was told to use a bucket and pail with cold water to bathe. At this point I left the hotel and am disputing the charge through my credit card company.

Bottom line, horrible hotel, poor service, unsanitary and dirty. Recommend to stay at another resort on the beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PeterPaul58
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Really poor service, bland food and below average facilities.
The room smelled old and there were bits of sand on the bed sheets. It's obvious that the blanket and bed sheets they used are old because of the yellowish stains on the edges. The towels were flimsy and thin and frayed on the edges (as my nephew said, it's like drying yourself with toilet paper).

The food service was very slow and the food lacks flavor that will leave you full but unsatisfied.
We had to pre-order our food otherwise you have to wait 1 to 1 1/2 hours before they can serve the food. A lot of food items on their menu are unavailable. If you're looking for value for money, you won't find it here.

The staff were somewhat apologetic for the snail pace of their service, saying they are understaffed. I think they are untrained the management is obviously cutting cost.

When we settled our bill, we insisted on seeing all the order receipts and found that the orders were wrong. Good thing my mom checked her order slips and found that she'll be paying P480 for 2 cups of rice.

The redeeming factor: the beach front is really nice and clean.

1  Thank Rechargeablejam
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Nice resort, staff very helpful and polite specifically Kuya Deo and Kuya July. Too pricy though for the kind of rooms they have. In our room, no hot water, had to go to the rooms of our family member who had overhead heaters. Aside from no hot water, we would even have no water at all. And also no towels! The management should give attention to these since the resort is generally nice.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel has a great lactation on the beach, and the staff is friendly.
The rooms are pricey, and simple.
Could need some more cleaning and need to be updated/renovated.
Stained bed cheats, and there were dead bugs in the room.
You simply pay for great location on the beach and not good standards of rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette E
Reviewed 22 September 2013

December is winter in my hometown,so i decided to visit my longtime friends in Philippines (tropical country). They invited me to a road trip. We went to pagudpud. Located on the top of Luzon's map. Facing south Philippine sea. But if you are planning to go there by bus, you can go to cubao were lots of buses to choose from.fares depend on what type of bus you want to ride special, regular, with washroom, etc.

From Manila to pagudpud is 13 to 14 hrs of driving including a brief washroom break & eat for a lunch.

When we arrived at pagudpud we are tired and rest a bit after our lunch. It was 3pm when we woke up. Swim for while and discover the area. We found out that out side the resort there are lots of inhouse room accomodations...people who live there open thier houses for possible tourist accupant incase theres no available room in resorts or just wanted to have a cheaper accomodation to spend the night since pagudpud is far from city of laoag or vigan.and since buses are not every hours that you can just wait and hop in.

Pagudpud beach resorts are like a long cream colored sand (yes not whitesand) beach with different resorts to choose from cheapest to a bit pricey resort. Water on the beach have a strong current maybe because of its location (facing south Philippine sea). But I enjoyed my vacation so well that we manage to drink beers on the shore and eat grilled fish the next day. The beach is sleepy at night so dont expect a night life or any entertainment, its peaceful and a bottle of beer and chating with friends makes my vacation more enjoyable.

But i guess honestly speaking in my own opinion...its nice to visit places like this atleast once because the hours of driving spent is not worthy just to see the beaches.the beaches are nice but a bit sleepy so theres nothing to do there other than sleeping, swimming and eating.

But the trip going pagudpud is best and unforgetable if you drop by vigan and eat "sinanglaw-boiled beef cut into pcs" served on a small bowl 30php and "empanada" a wrap kind of food with vegetable and egg, sometimes with ground pork inside, bell tower, windmill farm, bat cave, and the rest of the places you can pass by before going pagudpud. Because if you go straight to pagudpud and pagudpud alone...its not worth the long hours or driving.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Pro:
- good beach front
- clean room and bathroom
- accessible to main highway

Con:
- more expensive compared to other resorts (3,500 per night on low season)
- food in restaurant is expensive
- toiletries = small bar of soap and towels (no shampoo)
- they cut water off in the middle of the night!

Room Tip: only the family rooms and suites are beach front, all the rest have verandas that doesn't face t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank manda31012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
Java Hotel
#1 of 4 in Pagudpud
Casa Victoria Beach Resort
Casa Victoria Beach Resort
#3 of 34 in Pagudpud

Been to Saud Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!