“AWESOME!!! PERFECT GETAWAY!!!”

Ranked #3 of 34 Pagudpud B&B and Inns
Angeles City, Philippines
“AWESOME!!! PERFECT GETAWAY!!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

One thing I could say about the place..ITS pretty awesome....What can you ask for..great food great host and great place....great guest as well..very friendly...and the dogs dang they are lovely!!...I would recommend the place for couple or group of adults...if you wnt relaxation then this is the place for you away from busy body people..the food are outstanding not your measly low end kind of meals and ingredients are fantastic...the only place I enjoyed Mocha Frappe better than starbucks or etc....MON the host and owner is very friendly and welcoming..

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the beach take the huts...if you want cozy place take the casitas..the pl...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rey Q

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Negros Island, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here last minute in April. Thinking Pagudpud and Saud beach would be very busy because of Holy Week, this place was quiet and relaxed. The beach is amazing, the resort simple and classically done, food is great, and staff are lovely - Zhara was so very helpful, she really made my stay enjoyable. I had a great stay and would highly recommend anyone to stay here if they want to see beautiful Pagudpud, without the crowds. Can't wait to go back!

My one only, not even complaint really, is that the windsurfing centre is a little disorganised - it is separately run to the resort. I am not a windsurfer and wanted to try, but there was little wind when I wanted to try with the Instructor (even though the day before another guest did the course in less wind than there was for me). I got the feeling, end of season and the instructor was done with teaching, and wanted to go. I get it, but like diving, everyone is a beginner at some point and Instructors have to remember they work in an industry that isn't just for people who know the sport already. I would go back there to windsurf but will do my training somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank EmandSi
Tarifa, Spain
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Such a great place to be, which is hard to leave. Just experience it!!! Wind mostly for 7m kite with flat water but with a great break as well - wonderful wave spot... Season begins in October already and finishing March/April!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JaniCZka
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 9 nights and tried the casitas and also the ocean view huts! Casitas are amazing and perfect for all the wives of windsurfers, kitersurfer etc. While my husband was so keen to learn kitesurfing I had best time watching all the movies after getting tanned, massage is good too! plus all there pasta's are delicious. When we move to ocean view huts I was a little bit concerned about the common shower rooms and toilets you know women are always fussy about that but suprisingly its clean and massive shower rooms! Hence, I enjoyed the stay in the ocean view huts. Staffs are super great look for ana!! And the chef is super good all pasta's taste like makati italian style. If you come here don't forget to be friends with toby (dog) he will always follow you make you feel safe.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank omihughesjnes
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Kingfisher was for us one of the must beautiful place we have seen in the world, completely surrounded by the virgin nature.
Is the perfect place to live a magic kite experience with the opportunity to turn around 360° and see nobody.
The kingfisher family, Mon and Sara on the top, is special and precious! Thanks to them we could taste the real filipinas culture.
If you will live a very special experience go there!! And keep the place like this...
We miss everyday the place, the people and the four mosquetier dogs!
We will come back as soon as possible...

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean view hut! :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Dino C
Siggiewi, Malta
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had such a great time! I traveled quite a lot around the islands, and it's very difficult to find a place which excels in so many areas. I booked the palce after a friend of mine highly recommend it, so i had quite high expectations. Took a cheap flight from Manila, we had a van waiting for us at the airport, and it took us less than 90 minutes to get there.

Beach is nice, i don't practice any sports, so I was just lazying around, reading a book on a hamok with a beer and it was great. I rented a bike and went around the area, the roads are not busy, and the resort is an hour away from waterfalls, other beaches etc.

We booked an ocean view room with no shower. The room was nice, clean, and comfy, and the shared bathroom is super clean, so that was not an issue at all. They also do have rooms with showers though.

Food was the best, big menu, with a lot of choices, and great fresh seafood.

Manager and the staff were super nice and friendly, they are one of the reasons I will be going back, and overall the whole atmosphere is awesome. Honestly, I am not sure how they can improve. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the area, but its also a good spot to escape the city. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sharing bathrooms (which were very clean btw) then definitely get the ocean vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Paul A
yanjiao
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Two weeks Kingfisher was overall a great experience and we would come back any time.
We came to wind- and kitesurf. We found kingfisher by searching the net for windy destinations in Asia for the Chinese spring festival time as we are based In Beijing. The kingfisher website I must say promised a lot, based on the publications of a French pro windsurfer who discovered the place, it is branded as the "NEW HAWAII", so we were very curious what to find.

Kingfisher Resort
The place is right at the beach about 4km away from the next sizable village. It has different type of accommodation, based on your budget, you can choose more or less comfort . All places are clean and well maintained.

All this is centered around an open, airy main building where you can hang out, read, watch TV, play table football and of course have your meals. The restaurant is pretty good and has a decent variety of dishes. The style of the building fits very well In to the surounding and with the pretty palm leave roofs also follows the local architecture. The staff is super friendly and is always trying their best, Mon the owner and Sarah are paying much attention to introduce new guests, bring people together make sure everybody feels ok and entertain with anecdotes and stories about kingfisher. Over all the place is very relaxed, it is easy to get to know other people and we made many new friends and liked the mix of people who all seem to share the same enthusiasm for watersport. We meet many who are regular visitors which speaks for itself. There is also a bunch of friendly dogs running around and even a monkey. It's a perfect place for families with kids, couples and singles.
There is no internet! Mong and Sarah though offer to take you once a day or on request about 3 km down the road to an area where their hotspot has reception. The beach is uncrowded and you are able to walk for miles meeting nobody else than local fishermen.

The Wind and Kitesurf conditions.
We spend 14 days (first half of Feb.) and had around 70% days with good conditions. Other travelers and the kite and surf center told us that this was a bad patch and normally there is more wind,
The reef is about 200 m far out and the area before that is very much affected by the tide. So much that some places become dry and very shallow, so you have to wait until there is enough water around. For us this meant sometimes waiting until 2 or 3 pm depending if you wind- or kitesurf. If the wind is strong enough, there are alternative beaches available with less tide dependence and the kite centre can organize trips to them. The Seabed is a mixture of coral sand and seaweed, if you are a beginner or windsurfer you should bring shoes. The center can rent out shoes, but if you want to be sure to have the right size bring your own. The wind is mostly side to side on. The waves can get big, we had several days with waves up to 3m and we were told that they can get bigger. The wave builds up quick and is pretty powerfull. We did not see perfect peeling conditions but I guess that depends on the swell directions. From my point of view this place suits kitesurfers better then windsurfers. As a windsurfer you need to be pretty good to manage through the waves and due to the shallow conditions at and in front of the reef you very easily trash your equipment when you fall. For kite surfing I think the place is great for learning and also for the advanced who want to ride in waves. The place was never crowded and at max there where 10 kiters on the water and most of the time no windsurfers. The centre was run by a kitsurfer couple Janna and John, who provide great lessons and general support and Info.They have a few windsurf boards from Jp and sails from neil pryde and a range of different kites from cabrinah. The equipment is pretty good.
If you break stuff be prepared that you must pay. There is no insurance and it is not cheap, as the place is remote and repair and replacement is not available locally.
The resort has a number of jet skis for life rescue, I saw them never running or tested, so I am a bit doubtful they are functioning when required, keep that in mind when you go out.

Overall, we loved the place and enjoyed the quiet remote setting with great conditions beautiful scenery and a great bunch of other visitors.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Axel R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
Playa Tropical Resort Hotel
#1 of 4 in Pagudpud
Casa Consuelo
Casa Consuelo
#1 of 17 in Pagudpud

Been to Kingfisher Resort? Share your experiences!