“The resort ruins the SEMINAR”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pagudpud
Villa Del Mar Ivory Beach Resort
Ranked #23 of 34 Pagudpud B&B and Inns
Pangasinan, Philippines
“The resort ruins the SEMINAR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

not recommending this resort! the rooms are filthy, the pavilion is filthy, the foods are TOO EXPENSIVE, room service 1 (rate 1-10, 1 is the lowest, 10 is the highest), the crew are TOO BOSSY and SNOB, the water system is worst!

Room Tip: the rooms are filthy and not worth it for a stay.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AceRosario

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

My family stayed overnight in Villa del Mar after travelling for 10 hours from Manila to Pagudpud. Since we made no reservations, we were given one small cottage with one Queen size bed, the rest slept on futon beds on the floor. Toilet was clogged and the aircon so noisy. Not well cleaned. The beach is the only nice thing here. Even the breakfast was so so...after eating the beef tapa, my tooth ached!!!
I do not recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank saint28daisy

Travellers are raving about these Pagudpud hotels

Pasig, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

My friends (group of 12) stayed at PARIIR room (for 6 pax but we manage to squeeze 10 pax) Php4,500 and KAMAGONG (for 2 pax) Php3,200. Too pricey for summer peak season, we stayed there April 6, one night only. The place is really at the front of the beach. The surroundings are not well kept and clean. In the middle of the night, its hard to ask for help from any attendants because only the guard is around (PARIIR is near the gate). The restaurant (cafeteria) has poor service, serves really too long. Not equip with any heating facilities so we had to pay P50 for a thermos with hot water. The bathroom is really old and not well kept. The black shower curtain we had in Kamagong room had sud stains.

It is hard to reach their phone numbers, almost all posted in the internet were not updated.
The one we have, you have to wait for the whole day for them to answer it.

During the night, it is really dark in the whole area. They are not well-lighted unlike the nearby Evangeline Hotel. We ate at Evangeline Beach Restaurant while being serenaded by a band. Like the food there seafood special with squid, fish and shrimp sauteed in sweet mango and spices plus the Evangeline Shake and Binagoongang Bagnet.

The swimming pool shower didn't work so we had to get water out of the swimming pool to remove the sand in our feet and slippers. The water in the pool is hot, we don't know why, it was not a hot spring kind... the water had a sticky feeling... It was near the garbage bin of the Evangeline Hotel.. yuck. It was too late when we saw it, we were just there for photo ops.

To sum it up, location - very near the beach front, value for money - poor, cleanliness - poor, whole experience/satisfaction - poor; service - poor. I would understand the poor quality if the price is not that high, but for the price guests deserve to get more. No WIFI.

Definitely will not stay here next time.

Room Tip: It is a better place than a homestay accomodation but too pricey. Don't stay here on peak seas...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank annielanecruz
Makati, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed there for 2 days (Jan 21-22) and initially booked for 4 standard rooms, when we arrived they just informed us that the standard rooms are not available due to the water supply not working properly, instead they gave us the a different room (group of 6 and group of 4), good thing they gave the same price to us for staying for 2 days.

Pros:
Near the beach
AC is good (on both rooms)

Cons:
Water supply not that efficient. (instead they gave us a discount for our rooms)
Shower is not working.
Smelly and dirty refrigerator.
Only 1 trash can (Parir room)
Dusty electric fan.
Expensive food (had to go to a different resort to order food)
No nearby stores to buy food, need to travel 4km just to eat breakfast.
No replacement bath towels.

What needs to be done:
Total restoration

In case you will try to booked on this Beach Resort, think twice or thrice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tumbler20
Quezon City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

First of all, my son and I visited the place for 3D2N. It was more on an official purpose than a vacation. Thus, whatever this resort may be suited us well. We requested a room fronting the beach and the owner, Bibeth Benemerito was so gracious and accommodating, she gave the best available room according to our specs. Villa del Mar is not as new but the place was kept clean and the staff were nice. The bathroom though, needs a little extra lift in terms of fixture. The rates are rather reasonable. The beach is just a few steps from the resort.m

Room Tip: Must plan your vacation at least months do you could get the best room possible for your visit.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WanderCezy
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Rate not reasonable for their services. Aircon not working in rooms located in "CAPIZ". We had requested for an electric fan but I have to wait for some guests to finish eating in their dining area just to get that fan. No water in the shower areas near the beach and near the pool. No water heater. Wifi is not always on, If I did not complain they will not turn it on. Food service is slow. For breakfast we have to wait for an hour just ot be served. Dinner service takes longer than this, imagine!!! There is swimming pool but there is no water.

I have asked for their supervisor or manager to complain but they do not have any.

I could go on and on with our bad experiences in this resort but I'll just cut it short...in other words, do not ever stay in Villa Del Mar Ivory Beach Resort in Pagudpud.

Oh one more thing they still owe me change for my 1,000 bill.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Soozdes
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I went there to inquire for available rooms but I wasn't entertained, i have to get them to talk to me and when they finally did they were rude and very unaccommodating. I guess because I looked poor or something, I was wearing a Vintage Ed Hardy Shirt and a rugged Hollister Skirt. So I guess without knowing what brand I was wearing I looked like a needy person and that's why I wasn't at all Entertained, The crazy part was when they spoke in Ilocano thinking I don't speak or understand the dialect. I will not recommend this resort to anybody, if their customer service is based on how you look or how rich you are, then this is a not a good place to enjoy a vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pagudpud
Rivermount Hotel and Resort
Palm Grove Saud Holiday Complex
Villa Del Nico
Villa Del Nico
#16 of 34 in Pagudpud

Been to Villa Del Mar Ivory Beach Resort? Share your experiences!