“A brilliant experience that I would recommend to anyone...”
Review of UK Parachuting

UK Parachuting
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Beccles
More attraction details
Owner description: Parachute jump, sky dive
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A brilliant experience that I would recommend to anyone...”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My girlfriend and I each did a tandem jump for Charity.
The Jump - An unbelievable experience and one I would thoroughly recommend!
The Venue - Functional is probably the best description. Toilets, parking and a reasonable cafe all available on site
The staff - Varied considerably. Some of the staff are Patrck Swayze Point Break wannabes who were a little bit too arrogant and cocky for me... but fortunately our instructor (Steve) was brilliant with just the right mix of humour and chat. My girfriend jumped with him for her tandem jump and he was informative and good fun. My tandem instructor barely said a word which was a bit disappointing.
My review is very much based on our experience of getting there early, getting on the first plane and being done in a couple of hours... there were people there who had to come back from the day before when nobody had been able to jump due to weather.

Visited September 2012

Halesworth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“What a morning!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I went along to support colleagues who were doing sponsored tandem jumps for EACH (East Anglia's Children's Hospices) - not brave enough to do it myself! First of all, ignore the Satnav and follow the written instructions from their website (coming from the A12) and you won't have a problem finding it. Look for the signs for the Farmers' Market. Lots of old buildings around which don't look up to much, but UK Parachuting itself was very impressive. Extremely clear briefing for those jumping, everything well organised - a fun morning watching some very brave people do something I never could, and seemingly having fun! Some very broad smiles around. (And the bacon and egg roll from the cafe was delicious!)

Visited September 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“SKYDIVING”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Excellent facilities and brilliant, fast service. I have sky dived twice here and found it more than just a thrill. The people who work here are friendly and make you feel exceptionally safe. I would recommend to anyone even the most timid and afraid!

1 Thank Hannah B
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Avoid this place at all costs!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Visited this venue today watching a family member do a dive. The staff were rude - especially the manager Jason Thompson, who was especially rude and threatening towards us when we asked him some simple questions around the pricing. He obviously has some serious anger management problems.

The organisation also is just a shambles, had to wait over 3 hours after original time stated to dive, the plane broke down and all with no comms from the team what was going on!

Other companies do a much better job, so spend your money elsewhere unless you want a memorable experience for the wrong reasons!

Visited August 2012
10 Thank hellojupiter
Jason T, Owner at UK Parachuting, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Sorry for the late response, iam very sorry to hear that as a spectator of one of our events that you were not satisfied with the information that you received, i can only apologise for that. As you could see on the day we did have some technical issues with the aircarft which very rarely happens. The times that the participants are given in there confirmation is a 2/3 hour window but we do explain that they should leave the morning or afternoon free for the experience.
Once again please accept my apologies for the day in question.
Kind Regards Jason.
Basingstoke
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, but shambolic operation”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Yes, the actual jump was a brilliant and exhilarating experience, but it would have been so much better if the place was better organised.
Finding it; don't use the postcode; it's 1/2 mile wrong, and don't trust the directions on the information they send you. The place is a dump; scruffy car park and compound, and once you have parked your car there's no signs or information leading you to the reception/registration.
From then on we were not looked after pro-actively, and had to ask for help every step of the way. The team certainly knew what they were doing, but there was too much banter and joking and too little caring for the customers. And it's not cheap!
I certainly recommend doing a tandem jump (brilliant!), but suggest finding somewhere better organised.

Visited August 2012
8 Thank manlytango
Jason T, Owner at UK Parachuting, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Sorry for the late response, we are very sorry to hear that you think that we run a shambolic experience thats really not what UK Parachuting is about, we try and give our customers the best experience that we can in the limited time that they are with us. The post code is something that we are struggling with since we have been here some 3 yrs are reluctant to issue us a new one. the post office.
We are in the process of a redevelopment in regards to the overall look of our site. Please accept our appolgises for any inconvience caused whilst whilst being at UK Parachuting.
Regards Jason.