“Great Experience”
Review of UK Parachuting

UK Parachuting
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Beccles
More attraction details
Owner description: Parachute jump, sky dive
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Always wanted to go skydiving, and for my 28th birthday got gifted a tandem jump. Went up with Rick after a safety briefing and can honestly say it was a great experience. Rick was a top chap, very friendly and was really chatty, but more importantly went through the process of jumping to help. Jump was a once in a lifetime oppotunity and tbh, would love how to do a training course. Jonathan

Date of experience: February 2018
Jason T, Owner at UK Parachuting, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi Jonathan,

Glad the team looked after you come back and see us any time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"actual jump"
"feel calm"

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Came to do my first ever tandem skydive, the staff were amazing, really really friendly, and on hand to help with everything quickly .....

My instructor max was amazing, talked me through everything properly and just all round all the staff made our day enjoyable ... considering it was my first time on a plane ... they kept me pretty calm

Top marks all round for everyone there ... and will be coming back for sure. Thank you !!!!!

1  Thank decwood123
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Yesterday I completed my first jump for my AFF course at Beccles, and have been extremely impressed by the level of support and professionalism from the instructors. Through all of my theory training a couple of weeks ago until the jump on Saturday, the team have made the whole experience great fun for me and I have loved every second learning about skydiving in depth. Aff and Yo were both very friendly and taught me a lot yesterday, can't wait to jump again in a couple of weeks and continue my course!
Alex Sammons

Date of experience: February 2018
Jason T, Manager at UK Parachuting, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi Alex, glad to hear that you had a great time, are you thinking of coming back to do the full course?

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Been a brilliant experience so far and can’t wait for more! Everyone that works there are brilliant and Very welcoming into the sport! And a big thanks to my instructor Yo for teaching me everything! Would recommend everyone to do there skydives here!

Date of experience: January 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I jumped with these guys on the 26th January at about 9am. Upon arrival I was swiftly booked in and warmly welcomed by the team instantly putting any chance of unease at rest. The Skydive cafe is a great place to grab something to drink (was advised to be cautious about eating before jumping - Great tip!)

Before long I was walked over to the hanger to get geared up and a briefing on the procedures of which is easy enough to remember and understand and run through a few more times at different stages so don't panic! Tim was my instructor and an absolute legend it must be said! With over 24,000 jumps this guy knows what he is doing and is keen to put you at ease and have a laugh at the same time making it an awesome adrenaline filled experience!

I opted to have the jump filmed and photographed for £135 as I figured something as big as this I could do with having filmed. They advised you can get anywhere from 50+ photographs and a polished video for the price.

Once geared up the my photographer / videographer Callum came over and introduced himself, and was wanting to do a pre-jump interview. A great little addition I hadn't planned for but really helped build the entire experience. Off camera we had a chat for a few minutes whilst waiting for the others to be ready to head over to the plane.

Once boarded and snug (be prepared for someone to be sat between your legs....it gets cozy!) I realised was the only tandem on the flight which made it quite interesting being surrounded by experienced skydivers and a lad completing level 1 of the AAF course. Then began the climb and all along people chatting making equipment checks and generally enjoying the hype.

Then the door opened....and one by one the others were jumping into thin air. Then it was my turn! We shuffled to the edge and went for it from 13,000ft!

The rush of freefall is one that is almost impossible to describe. The wind hitting you at 120mph and the feeling of your face trying leave you is really quite unique. The view from that height is truly breathtaking and one that everyone should experience. Callum flying all around us and up close on a few occasions to video and take photos which made it feel crazy skydiving with someone else like that. After around 30-45 seconds of freefall the canopy opened and gracefully slowed us down.

Whilst under the canopy Tim was fantastic showing how the controls work and also pointing out all of the local areas from great height. The gradual descent was actually very peaceful after the adrenaline rush that is freefall and a great way to calm back down whilst also at about 5000ft.

All in all I cannot praise the team at UK Parachuting enough, Tim, Callum (absolutely awesome cameraman), Mark all of the team are absolutely fantastic and nothing but professional. My other half stayed on the ground to watch and one of the instructors stood with her to keep her company and was pointing us out.

If you are looking for the best place to throw yourself out of a perfectly working plane at 13,000ft then look no further this is the place for you.

**5 Days later I received a memory stick in the post with 50 fantastic photos and a brilliant video of the day. I've seen others on here comment on the fact the freefall footage is only 20 seconds or so long....well you only fall for around 30 seconds or more anyways and the cameraman does have his own safety to be concerned with too... The video and photo package is great and well worth the money! You get a copy of the raw footage as well so if you are a dab hand at editing you can always create your own video from it **

Date of experience: January 2018