“Lovely”

Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO THE BECCLES WINES VAULTS Beccles's friendliest Bar & Restaurant warmly invites you to eat, drink and relax in spectacular settings.Situated in the heart of Beccles, the restaurant covers three floors - down the remarkable cellars, ground floor bar and the first floor. The cellar can handsomely cater for private parties and functions.If you do not have the time to experience our great restaurant food then we offer a bar snack menu that can be eaten in the bar or the restaurant.Our traditional bar with its roaring log fire in the winter, deftly juggles drinking and dining with a couple of real ales, premium lagers such as Peroni, Kozel and Becks Vier, as well as Guinness and Aspall Suffolk cyder
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Decided to try this venue for a change as having previously thought it looked expensive from the outside has checked out the menu and been pleasantly suprised. Very glad I did as warm and welcoming staff, gorgeous log fire and yummy food. As I am moving closer to the area in the summer, I will defiantly be visiting lots in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Breaking news!! Check out the new young waiter Elliott at Beccles wine vaults - food served with an oomph!!
As usual food was top standard -
loved my Hungarian goulash Rosti - followed by yummy white chocolate Cointreau and vanilla ice cream ..... Lush!!!
As always all other staff very welcoming and nothing too much trouble..
A perfect night out... With a few vodkas and tonic to wash it all down whilst entertained by acoustic duo.
The place to be seen in !!

Reviewed 26 January 2016

I came to Wine Vaults last week to have a catch up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. We were sat upstairs, which was very quiet, we were the only ones upstairs so felt a bit out of the way! However the food was fantastic. To start I had lamb kebabs and my friend had the whitebait special. Both were well cooked and had plenty of flavour. For my main I had the poached chicken stuffed with lemon and my friend had the lamb steak. Both cooked beautifully, and were very well presented. My friends lamb steak was massive! I'm surprised she ate it all. For dessert we shared the Chocolate Brownie which was lovely and moist. Following that a good old cuppa tea. Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank MelGas22
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Well I been here once before I have to say how much I enjoyed the food & how well my t bone was cook staff are very welcoming & friendly

1  Thank 451lawrence
Reviewed 21 January 2016

book this restaurant for my father in laws 80th lunch.
great service, food superb and prices reasonable.
all spoilt by ignorant family table who chose to let their children run free and make lots of noise and disturbance. even after being told they couldn't be bothered to do anything.
the staff were aware but we had to ask to be moved to finish our lunch as the disturbance was too much.
Its a pity as we really enjoyed everything else about this visit. Pity but would have got a 5 star if this idiots hadn't ruined it.
3 courses with drinks came to £110 with tips.....not bad.

1  Thank emeles