“A lovely Sunday roast.”

The Shaddingfield Fox
Ranked #28 of 63 Restaurants in Beccles
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I was visiting the area with a friend on a weekend break, and we were looking for a pub serving good food for a Sunday evening meal. We were very glad we found The Shaddingfield Fox. We both opted for roast loin of pork which was very tasty, followed by a delicious chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce with homemade orange ice cream with Cointreau. There was a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and the service was good. I'd definitely visit again given the opportunity.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Always been past this pub on the way to other pubs and decided to give it a go. Good food, good beer, friendly staff and a gin bar. The coffee brûlée is amazing. Will definitely be back

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My husband, 2 friends and I enjoyed our visit here. The mains we said were nice pub grub and the chocolate brownie pudding was delicious. Quiet but a nice atmosphere and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Shaddingfield following a morning out and decided to stop for lunch in this very friendly, well run establishment. As soon as we walked through the door we were made to feel very welcome by the barman who made you feel as though you were the only people in the pub by his friendly, attentive, service to us.

The layout of the bar, the restaurant, and the outside area is all so well thought out and is easily accessible for people of varying ages and capability.

When our food arrived, it was served to us in a quick efficient manner, and if you required anything further the barman was there before you could blink. The standard of the food was of the highest quality, made with fresh, locally sourced items, laid out and presented superbly on the plate.

I regularly go into pubs and restaurants all over the world and this rates right up there for this establishment.

To the landlord and landlady, I congratulate you on your extremely friendly, more than capable staff, and outstanding business.

2  Thank markpM9934SU
Reviewed 2 April 2017

The Fox is a Free House and so is able to offer beers / ales that are not the norm., and with the owner being very knowledgeable about these is a blessing as we experienced today. So many great beers to choose from . Just loved the Youngs. An additional benefit is the excellent menu of Gins served in an appropriate sized large glass. We were fortunate to get the round table in the Conservatory. Just as well as we had a few drinks with our lunch.
My Brother in law always gets the short straw with his meal but this time all I heard from him was HMMMMM this is georgeous! as he ate his starter "Chicken Liver Parfait" and it was in Stereo as his sister ate her "Smoked Mackerel Pate". Two others and I munched our way through the Thai Chicken Cakes. These were very nice little patties dressed with a sweet honey drizzle dressing and a very tasty side salad that was not on the plate for decoration. Feeling very happy with our choices we moved on to the mains. The ladies had Roast Pork with extra helpings of proper ! Gravy. My brother in law and I had the Hunters Chicken (BBq chicken breast with smokey bacon and cheese on top with very tasty chips, possibly double fried and coated in sea salt. Once again the salad did not let the rest of the meal down. The sweets were light but very tasty ( Lemon Sylabuub with disappointing Biscoti, Baileys Creme Brulee with very more some shortbread biscuits). To top this all the service was very good, knowledgeable and friendly. For my Brother In Law to enjoy all his meal is very rare so today was the first time for goodness knows how long ! Well done the Fox !!! and THANK YOU !

1  Thank GeezerC54