“Great food in Beccles..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Upstairs at Baileys

Upstairs at Baileys
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Beccles
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in Beccles..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you are tossing up between a pub lunch and Baileys .. it is Baileys hands down. Delicious menus ( I went back twice to be sure ) at very reasonable prices.. who gets a 3 course lunch for 11.50 these days .. I had the Calves liver first time round and a sous vide Lamb roast the second.. served with panache and enthusiasm , very high quality and surprisingly good value.

Bon Apetit

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank btriefus

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Really special little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful little place.
Saturday night visit with a friend.
We were a little late to our table, this didn't seem to be a problem and my friend and I were welcomed.
The menu is short and very unusual for the area, fine dining and interesting combinations.
The service was a little relaxed as I think the waitress was in training, she was perfectly lovely but quiet as a mouse :)
We were presented with an amuse bouche which was delicious.
The food that followed was very interesting and inspired. I enjoyed it very much.
The dessert I had fell a bit short, was just a little to the wrong side of unusual for my taste (strawberries and Parmesan are not for me!)
The wine was delicious.
The host, a very friendly and relaxed spanish chap, was perfect for the setting.
I am so excited to go back!
P.s the bamboo box that is placed on your table has bread in it. Eat it. Don't just look at the box for an hour wondering what it is ;)

Norwich
“Second visit and just as memorable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ate two weekends in a row, largely due to it being my 40th. Superb meal both times, topped off by fabulous service and unforgettable wine. We will most definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
cambridge
“Excellent food, well presented with friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We ate at upstairs at baileys on recommendation from Karen and Alan at the Saltgate House B&B, we couldn't have been happier with this recommendation!

The food was of the highest quality from the lobster linguine starter thoroughly enjoyed by my fiancé to the Spanish lamb main which fell off the bone merely by looking at it. I can not complement the Chef enough, the standard of food was without doubt bordering in Michelin star level if not already there. The beers available were excellent and the local variety was especially good, the wine was chosen by the owner at my request and did not disappoint.

The owner was very friendly and hugely knowledgeable about his native cuisine offering recommendations and cooking tips to my keen fiancé who is herself an excellent cook, the conversation with the owner was a great addition to the ambience.

We also purchased a picture from the wall which is monthly a different local artist.

Fantastic evening of food, drink and a ambience that would rival most restaurant evening that have preceded it.

Visited July 2014
Beccles
“Lunchtime Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Have wanted to try Baileys for along while and wasnt dissapointed when The occasion finally arrived. Wednt with a dear friend for lunch. Beautifull food, beautifully presented, the only thuing is that i could have eaten it all again, portions are on the small side.
But will definitely reccomend and will go again.

• Visited June 2014