“Huge disappointment ”

The Galley Cookshop
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Beccles
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

When out shopping in the lovely town of Beccles with my son. We called into this cafe. Staff were very attentive if a bit slow. But can't really be called a cafe. With a choice of 3 cakes, t-cakes and croissant plus toast. Found it a huge disappointment! Coffee was adequate but nothing special.
Certainly not my fav but helped by the staff

1  Thank Emzcharlie

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have found this excellent coffee and cake shop. Tucked away but it is great. You are greeted by the owners who are wonderful.
It is busy so be prepared to wait a few minutes. The coffee is fresh and well made and the cakes are great. We have now become regulars and enjoy our Saturday shopping with a break here. The other staff are well trained and great at doing what ever you ask for.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Love it here, staff attentive, atmosphere incredibly friendly and lovely fruit tea served in a teapot just how I like it, scones are very tasty and never feel rushed here even though it's always busy but you are greeted like an old friend by owners which makes it!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We live locally, so are familiar with all cafes, and restaurants in Beccles. The Galley is our favourite. Very friendly, and helpful service from all staff. Good coffee with refills for an extra 80p - beats everywhere else for value, and delicious scones. There are only a handful of tables as The Galley is primarily a kitchen shop, however the friendliness is catching, and you are likely to happily share a table with a stranger!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have just telephoned The Galley Cookshop and spoken to Neville. I explained it was my mother's birthday and she was due to be visiting the cafe for afternoon tea at 3pm today with a friend, and how lovely it would be if he could arrange a surprise for her with a little cake or something and wish her a happy birthday from me. Neville completely embraced my request and said 'Leave it with me Clare....' I cannot fault his customer service, he seemed genuinely pleased to help me make my mother's day special for her. Thank you very much. I shall come and visit you very soon.