“Very expensive for a garden centre cafe and does not cater for children very well at all.”
Review of Satis Cafe - CLOSED

Satis Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
uk
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Very poor service lots of deliberating where we could sit when the place was empty. There were four of us and it took 5 mins just to decide where we were allowed to sit.

Had two children with is as this after all is a garden cente which attracts families. One of our children had a slice of cake and one wanted a sausage roll but nearly fell through the floor when we saw that it was £5 but did come with some piccalilli and was rather large. I am sorry I like good food but that is seriously a bad state of affairs and a total rip off. We travel here to stay with family quite often but certainly would not recommend this rip off cafe.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank dawnUk
Kevin W, Owner at Satis Cafe, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
cI felt I needed to respond to your review for our cafe as it has totally incensed me!. I would like to address two issues you raised. First of all your comment about how long it took to seat you. At lunch time most of our tables are reserved by diners who like particular tables, this is done when we open at 9.30am so the tables are free when they arrive.You may have indeed arrived before lunchtime but we did have a lot of reserved tables. But please accept my apologies if this took longer than you expected.
Secondly the price of our sausage roll. You say it is a 'RIP OFF'. The price of the sausage roll is displayed clearly on the menu. We also have a children's menu which is listed on the menu and offers healthy, delicious 3 item choices such as chicken, fish, vegetable and pasta for £4.95. If your child chose from the adult menu then expect adult prices. The sausage roll is made from hand made sausage meat source locally from a rare breed pig and is around 6-7 inches in length, thick and comes as you say with a large portion of pickle. It is infact man-size and many, many of our guests have no problem with the cost . If you were able to sample local cafes and restaurants I think you would realised we are a lot cheaper and offer far more superior products.
As a small business tripadvisor is an invaluable tool to promote local businesses and I feel you have been totally unfair in your review. Like any small business we admit when we are wrong and value constructive comments. To mark us as 'terrible' and only 'one' star is just cruel and insulting!
If you want less expensive unutritious food for your children then may I suggest Macdonalds.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
“The very Best!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Satis House Cafe ....A most exceptional Eatery ...never disappoints...Food superb...Staff..excellent...We return Time and time again!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jayne B
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Errr cook your chicken”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Had the chicken thighs in curry. The meat was very pink but thighs can be. Thought nothing of it but was sick for two days after. My partner had eaten the same apart from that one meal. The service was great and the desserts super but please check your chicken

1 Thank Daredevil3
Kevin W, Owner at Satis Cafe, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
We are sorry to hear you were ill after your visit to Satis Cafe.
If you make yourself known to me on your next visit I will make sure we can discuss this matter.
It is surprise to me that this has occured as have never served chicken thighs in curries. All our meats are pre poached before they enter the curries and can never be undercooked. We have on occasion served game curry which can be pink and totally safe to eat.
i look forward to discussing this mater with you.
Kindest regards
Kevin Wainwright. Owner
“Perfectly fine”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Went with my parents (who love it) and had Thai chicken curry, which had nice veggie bits in it, and a great gluten free apple and cinnamon cake. Yummy.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“A little gem!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had coffee and cake here but you can have a full meal - best to book, especially on Sundays. Liked it all!

Visited April 2014