“Excellent hen party long weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beccles
Wheatacre Hall Barns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Was stunned by how lovely the barn was we stayed in. Finished to a very high standard. All rooms lovely and even the twin was big. Bathrooms lovely. 3 showers in our cottage! Great for 6 girls! Free wi-fi a nice touch (no reception) on mobiles. We were left free eggs and were even left a home made cake for each cottage. Also had free access to hot tub which was amazing! Such a lovely and memorable weekend in absolutely stunning cottage. Have recommend already!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed in Pheasant Barn for just one night after a days shooting. The attention to detail was amazing and everything was fitted out to a very high standard with quality fittings.The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to leave. Joanne offered a very warm welcome and could not have been more helpful. The barn had everything I needed and more, very comfortable indeed. This was the second time I stayed and I would highly reccommend it to anyone, be sure you book a nice long stay as there are so many nice towns in the area to visit. I plan to go back and this time take my partner she would love the whole experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I recently returned from a fantastic holiday with my family in the Teal Barn. Everything was absolutely perfect; the warm welcome on arrival, the pre ordered food, the lovely accommodation, the thoughtful range of goodies left in the kitchen. We made use of the games room, the hot tub and the garden games and enjoyed them all. So much so that we have booked again for next year twice!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Pheasant barn for three days and had a brilliant time at this accommodation and exploring the local area. We had a very friendly welcome and were amazed at the quality and size of the beautiful barn, along with the delicious goodies in the fridge! We enjoyed the hot tub and the games room, as well as the free cycle hire. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bearz77
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We (that is my wife and my two sons aged 12 and 10 plus dog) have just returned from holidaying for the last two weeks of August in Teal barn. This was our first visit and also our first proper holiday with our greyhound who has been with us for a year and we wanted somewhere dog friendly that ticked all of the other boxes that we usually look for.
We have fairly high standards (after all we all work hard for our breaks) and whilst I have not been so demanding in the past, my wife usually expects north of 3 stars and will certainly not entertain canvas (just to give you an idea of what we look for)! The Wheatacre Hall Barns website looked fabulous but I always worry that the pictures do not reflect the actual accommodation. I needn't have worried. In fact the short video on the homepage is very reflective of the overall accommodation.
My obvious concern was that there would be enough to occupy the kids plus give us 'options' with the dog which is always a concern.
When we arrived I knew we had made the right choice, the converted barns are in an idyllic location with lovely rural views as far as the eye can see and all very peaceful. The accommodation is of an exceptionally high standard very tastefully furnished and with everything that you could possibly want, a real home from home In fact much more spacious than our own! We were greeted by Jo who was very friendly and an exemplary host. We were provided with milk and eggs from the farm, fresh flowers and ample supplies of tea, coffee and biscuits which were all very welcome. We also purchased further eggs and plenty of ice cream from the office during our stay.
We know the Norfolk/Suffolk area fairly well having spent time here before and the location is within easy reach of a multitude of tourist attractions. Whilst my wife was happy to dog sit/relax I trotted off with the kids to Pleasurewood Hills amusement park; Great Yarmouth Pleasurebeach amusement park; Redwings Horse Sanctuary; Bewilderwood (excellent day out); Framlingham Castle (BH Medieval activities were laid on); Cycle Ride with bikes provided by Jo (on local farm land which was great). My wife accompanied us with dog to Bure Valley Steam Railway & Wroxham (lovely day out); Beccles Farmers Market (very quaint); Southwold (our virtual second home which we always visit); Waveney River Centre (to watch the boats go by with a pint); Also found the White Lion Pub just around the corner which had excellent food and accepted kids and dogs (bonus!).
I can honestly say that we didn't want to come home and have spent an unhealthy amount of time looking in estate agent windows as well! We certainly hope to return next year which is always a good sign, and from the visitor book in the barn it looks as though others had the same idea. All in all an excellent choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We had a wonderful week in Partridge barn in Aug 2012. It was luxury. Joanna made us feel very welcome. it was quiet and had lots of extras. We loved the size of the rooms, the detailed care, the hot tub, the gym, the sports room with table tennis. We could walk around and enjoy wonderful country and light. it is superb place and we want to go again. A special place. The setting and the luxury impressed us. There was a lovely personal touch of complimentary items.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Have to agree totally with John N, we've just spent a week in Woodcock barn and it's just superb.
The barns have absolutely everything you need in them, they are very clean and homely, the best self catering accommodation we have ever stayed in. Jo is so friendly, welcoming and very genuine, a real pleasure to meet such a lovely lady, nothing is too much trouble. Games room kept our children amused, plenty of space around to play football, frisbee etc, hot tub and even free bikes to borrow. The roads around the barns are just so quiet and really great for bike riding.
A great area with Norwich about 30 minutes away and a lovely city, plenty of independent shops, huge cathedral, lovely to walk around, definately not your average city! Beccles is the nearest town, very small and charming but everything you need here, Southwold just so worth a visit, fabulous beach, really pretty town some great shops, and the pier is wonderful. We also had a fabulous trip on a boat called Betsie Jane (via the Waveney River Centre), and recommend this to anyone, Paul has lovingly restored this boat and along with Dawn (brilliant coffee cake) made the day so enjoyable for us, just wonderful.
So to sum up, the area is ideal nothing is too far away, and Wheatacre barns are just the best.

Room Tip: All brilliant